Worst BJJ "Blackbelts" to ever compete in UFC.

Most dodgy "blackbelt".

• Total voters
What's wrong with defending someone that was able to sweep Ricardo Arona (who never even had a point scored against him in ADCC)?

Why is Shogun on that list? Dude is legit. Before the knee injuries and inability to train as hard he was a fucking scramble master. Omaplata'ed Ricardo Arona and out worked prime Lil Nog. He got his BB from Nino Schembri around 2004.

Come on guys, that's revisionism.

Shogun got him in the omaplata position as he tried to take him down and in the scramble caught him with a massive knee. It was all downhill from there for Arona.

Shogun has shown great ability off his back and great takedowns,in mma against guys who also have high credentials in grappling. You are basing the whole thing on him getting submitted by chael sonnen who also happens to be a great grappler,imagine that. OSP knocked shogun out,so i guess we should say that Shogun is a terrible striker too.

Come on guys, that's revisionism.

Shogun got him in the omaplata position as he tried to take him down and in the scramble caught him with a massive knee. It was all downhill from there for Arona.
He still out worked Lil Nog. And his sweeps were always on point even in the UFC. He's a "position before submission" stylist. He likes striking much more. Hell, his offensive wrestling is even solid, he took down Chuck Liddell, Rampage and Hendo. You just see whatever you wanna see, that's all. Shogun's blackbelch is legit.

oh no i got submitted by a purple belt,ncaa division 1 champion,oylmpic wrestling trialist,i suppose my whole grappling credential is garbage now

Shogun has shown great ability off his back and great takedowns,in mma against guys who also have high credentials in grappling. You are basing the whole thing on him getting submitted by chael sonnen who also happens to be a great grappler,imagine that. OSP knocked shogun out,so i guess we should say that Shogun is a terrible striker too.

I'm not basing my assumption on the Chael Sonnen fight. How many times has Shogun given up a dominant position scrambling for a non existent leg lock?

while your at it,why dont you go further and make a thread about olympic level wrestlers whose grappling is the absolute drizzling shits,go on!

spAT6JP.gif

In fairness this same Vitor came closer to submitting Jon Jones than anyone ever - actually dislocated his elbow and Jones wouldn't tap.

Rashad is a great wrestler but I've never seen him use an oz of that "I got it after 3 years of training" bjj black belt he has.

How many times has he been subbed?

I'm not basing my assumption on the Chael Sonnen fight. How many times has Shogun given up a dominant position scrambling for a non existent leg lock?
mauricioshogunruakneebarskevinrandlemanpride32_medium.gif

Thiago Alves

Got submitted by Spencer Fisher and Martin Kampmann

Got grapplefucked by Fitch and GSP

Yeah, his only submission win. He has been scrambling for that elusive leglock in every damn fight since then, whenever the fight goes to the ground and ends giving up position.

Yeah, his only submission win. He has been scrambling for that elusive leglock in every damn fight since then, whenever the fight goes to the ground and ends giving up position.

Dude likes leglocks,what d'ya want?? ;)

Dude likes leglocks,what d'ya want?? ;)

It's frustrating as a fan. He was actually doing pretty ok when Jones had him in half guard. He had to go for his leg...

Yet he almost armbarred...actually did John Jones. This gif is absolute bullshit.
Even Royce was mounted by Matt Hughes.
Please read your history before you post.

Diego Sanchez suck at ground game???? Goddamn this website is a mess

Edit: And 2 people actually voted for him... hahahaha

Ignorant sherdoggers.
Diego has an extremely solid ground game.

Anyone on this thread that does NOT pick Kimo knows absolutely NOTHING about UFC history. Theres no way they can.

Kimo is absolutely the worst. I think people didnt pick him because they dont know who he is. Bottom line.

RIP Kimo

Not a black belt.

Rogan has mistakenly referred to Cerrone and Swanson as BJJ black belts, but they are both just MMA grapplers.

Was he mistaken when he said it himself?

(Again not trying to shit on Cub. In the Holloway fight at least, he was already badly hurt when the choke was applied. Anyone could have been subbed at that point.)

wat

Shogun is one of the only MMA fighters in history to actually successfully use the half guard in MMA.

hell, he was not taking any damage against Jones on the bottom until he moved to closed guard.

This, Shogun is actually quite effective off of his back. Yes the Chael fight was one of the most embarrassing losses I've ever seen in MMA, but other than that he's definitely shown BJJ skill.

I'm talking about guys who suck on ground, no matter the lineage of their belt. Doesn't matter if they got handed their belt by Carlson Gracie or they found one in their happy meal.

tumblr_nq50r7YnNi1tej1dho1_500.jpg
WTF is Shogun doing in your poll?

Back