Worst BJJ "Blackbelts" to ever compete in UFC.

Most dodgy "blackbelt".

• Total voters
Oooh Im not a Carlson blue belt, I said the instructor who gave me by blue belt is a black belt under him. Again if you knew what you were talking about you would know a blue belt cant belt people. I'm done with you loser, clearly dont know what your talking about. Grow a pair, stop hiding behind a keyboard, go buy a gi, and go learn what it means to be a martial artist instead of some punk commenting on stuff they have no clue about. Have a great day

{<BJPeen}

Lyoto Machida, whenever you take him down, he is helpless.

Diego clearly doesn't suck on the mat but does he appear to have the BJJ skills of a black belt?
He's (or was) really big on position. He controlled his opponents but rather than looking for a sub chose to turn people's faces into ground chuck.

Go on YouTube and you can see him in bjj competitions. You can judge him for yourself.

2.gif
Yeah pulling off a a calf slicer is white belt stuff

He subbed Tank. I mean, it can't get more legit than that.

Kimo, and it ain't even close. Everyone else has at least shown some kind of grappling ability at one point or another. Kimo on the other hand... I guess he subbed Tank?

Didn't know Kimo was a bjj blackbelt...yeah definitely him.

Someone posted a video of the Royce fight recently and Kimo actually took his back and also swept him. That was before he even started training in BJJ and at a time where most fighters had no clue what was going on when fighting a Gracie. I won't bring the Saku fight because it's a known work, but I really don't think Kimo's grappling is shameful at all.

EDIT : I also can't let go of an opportunity to poke fun at Myles Jury and his "Jury Jiu Jitsu".

DependableDangerousBlackcrappie.gif

Last edited:
Really, you are going to defend Shogun's and JDS's black belt, of all people?

What do you mean highest level? You think JDS will survive in ADCC absolutes, even for a minute?

What's wrong with defending someone that was able to sweep Ricardo Arona (who never even had a point scored against him in ADCC)?

Didn't know Kimo was a bjj blackbelt...yeah definitely him.

Vitor definitely wasn't a bjj bb when he first got into the UFC, I remember Rickson saying Vitor trained with him and would always tap and that he'd rate his bjj as a purple belt.

Kimo must've gotten it long after he was in competition.

i like the fact that you included Andy Wang in that list

Who was that guy who lost to Brian Stann via triangle?

As for the OP list, I'd say all of those guys look good on the ground, but Alves has been a bit questionable sometimes.

I'm talking about guys who suck on ground, no matter the lineage of their belt. Doesn't matter if they got handed their belt by Carlson Gracie or they found one in their happy meal.

tumblr_nq50r7YnNi1tej1dho1_500.jpg
Why is Shogun on that list? Dude is legit. Before the knee injuries and inability to train as hard he was a fucking scramble master. Omaplata'ed Ricardo Arona and out worked prime Lil Nog. He got his BB from Nino Schembri around 2004.

Why is Shogun on that list? Dude is legit. Before the knee injuries and inability to train as hard he was a fucking scramble master. Omaplata'ed Ricardo Arona and out worked prime Lil Nog. He got his BB from Nino Schembri around 2004.

this.

Shogun should not be on the list. That's like saying Chuck Liddel has always had a terrible chin his whole career.

Shogun did the unthinkable by outgrappling the fuck out of Arona.

The Shogun option actually has be scratching my head a bit. He's always primarily been a striker, but in many cases where he's had to show his BJJ, he's actually looked pretty good. His takedowns are solid, he's got a good half guard where he looks for helicopter sweeps and deep half variations, he rolled Arona into an slick Omaplata sweep, and his guard passing isn't bad.

Back