World Food Program Says 130 million people at risk of starvation from COVID-19 impact

I have 5 months worth of meat in my garage freezer and I stocked up on rice and beans in my pantry just in case. I'm all for blue state cities to keep shut down and eventually run out of food, not my problem.

Then who would subsidize all the red states that can't manage a budget?

California is set to begin the initial stages of reopening the economy this Friday.

Bookstores, music stores, sporting goods type shops can resume business on Friday with pick up only.

So the most "liberal" state in the nation already just days away from an initial reopening of their economy.

It's almost like the sky-is-falling, conspiracy theory, governmental tyranny doomsayers were out to fucking lunch.

It's ironic how the side that said the virus itself and the risks associated with it were an orchestrated hype job orchestrated an even bigger hype job concerning dire fallout from the shutdown.

I wasn’t claiming that at all. I was just trying to locate the specifics that you seemed to be referring to, because they were not actually a part of the article you posted (from what I was seeing).

I agree the vast majority of the starvation issue will come from lack of income, and slowing of production due to shutdowns. But I’m also curious to know how much damage actual outbreaks have the potential to cause, since we’ve seen what has happened at meat packing plants that remained in operation.
It's right in the title of the article. The article references a lot of data, but the 130 million is people at risk of starving in the very near future is due to the economic shutdowns worldwide. That eclipses the deaths (both projected and actual) of the COVID-19 virus itself.

I think there was one meat packing plant where there was an outbreak. There are a great many meat packing plants worldwide. You can keep people working, and keep the economy running, while taking reasonable precautions to minimize spread. There are people who can't afford to feed their families right now because they are not collecting a pay check, and that is a way more common problem.

So are we supposed to believe globalism is good now? This Interconnected food chain to feed countless millions across the globe.
No. Globalism is our current reality. Example: Just because I acknowledge that China produces 80% of our pharmaceuticals doesn't mean I think it is a good thing. You can't turn off our current reality like a light switch.

I just want to make sure the correct narrative going forward.
You will never have the correct narrative going forward.

Last edited:
It's right in the title of the article. The article references a lot of data, but the 130 million is people at risk of starving in the very near future is due to the economic shutdowns worldwide. That eclipses the deaths (both projected and actual) of the COVID-19 virus itself.

I think there was one meat packing plant where there was an outbreak. There are a great many meat packing plants worldwide. You can keep people working, and keep the economy running, while taking reasonable precautions to minimize spread. There are people who can't afford to feed their families right now because they are not collecting a pay check, and that is a way more common problem.
You're grossly misinformed about many things, and need to do some basic research before making assertions.

New York (CNN Business)Concerns about the US food chain supply made their way into the mainstream this week, as more meat processing and packaging plants suspend operations temporarily due to coronavirus outbreaks in the workforce.

Some of the country's largest abattoirs (processing plants or slaughterhouses) have been forced to cease operations temporarily after thousands of employees across the country have tested positive for the virus.

Pork processing plants have been hit especially hard, with three of the largest in the country going offline indefinitely— Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, JBS pork processing in Worthington, Minnesota and Tyson Fresh Foods in Waterloo, Iowa. Together, the three plants account for approximately 15 percent of pork production.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/26/business/meat-processing-plants-coronavirus/index.html

This thread and OP are a giant pile of shit.
^^ another "mean girl"-ism.

I know, right? We should shut up and stop revealing how many more people are in danger due to a forced economic shut down than the virus itself. Reality is such a pile of shit. I feel bad for all the power hungry Communists out there who have to face reality.

Last edited:
Yeah but most of those that would die are already starving due to preexisting conditions - like conflict or being from shithole countries. So we should probably let them die anyway to thin the herd and prevent more refugees.

Yeah but most of those that would die are already starving due to preexisting conditions - like conflict or being from shithole countries. So we should probably let them die anyway to thin the herd and prevent more refugees.

No. Globalism is our current reality. Example: Just because I acknowledge that China produces 80% of our pharmaceuticals doesn't mean I think it is a good thing. You can't turn off our current reality like a light switch, can you?

Lol that’s because you cans just make shite up as you go. But that’s what happens when you’re a complete hypocrite.

You're grossly misinformed about many things, and need to do some basic research before making assertions.

New York (CNN Business)Concerns about the US food chain supply made their way into the mainstream this week, as more meat processing and packaging plants suspend operations temporarily due to coronavirus outbreaks in the workforce.

Some of the country's largest abattoirs (processing plants or slaughterhouses) have been forced to cease operations temporarily after thousands of employees across the country have tested positive for the virus.

Pork processing plants have been hit especially hard, with three of the largest in the country going offline indefinitely— Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, JBS pork processing in Worthington, Minnesota and Tyson Fresh Foods in Waterloo,

New York (CNN Business)Concerns about the US food chain supply made their way into the mainstream this week,
as more meat processing and packaging plants suspend operations temporarily due to coronavirus outbreaks in the workforce.

Pork processing plants have been hit especially hard, with three of the largest in the country going offline indefinitely— Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, JBS pork processing in Worthington, Minnesota and Tyson Fresh Foods in Waterloo, Iowa. Together, the three plants account for approximately 15 percent of pork production.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/26/business/meat-processing-plants-coronavirus/index.html

Iowa. Together, the three plants account for approximately 15 percent of pork production.

Then restaff those plants with people who are not sick and put them in proper gear to protect them from infection:

If you're suggesting that the impending mass starvation is due to some plant closures (when we have many different sources of buying food naitonwide) and not at all due to growing millions of people not collecting a pay check, then you are spewing your own narrative for your own political agenda. 15% of sausage production doesn't come close to our entire food supply. There is still a lot of food on the shelves at the supermarkets. That is not why people are facing starvation right now.

Last edited:
You know you lied about the articles intent and content right?

No. Globalism is our current reality. Example: Just because I acknowledge that China produces 80% of our pharmaceuticals doesn't mean I think it is a good thing. You can't turn off our current reality like a light switch, can you?

Lol that’s because you cans just make shite up as you go But that’s what happens when you’re a complete hypocrite.

Someone smack the side of the computer. The Bot is skipping

The right will pretend to care about starving kids in Africa if they can use it to own the libs.
Attacking people is a token low-cognition tactic for evading discussing a complex problem (because it is an inconvenience to your narrative).

Someone smack the side of the computer. The Bot is skipping
Yikes. That was like the dumbest off color joke ever, figures it would freak out and post it three times lmao

edit: seems like TS had one post four times? Something is wonky

You must be one of those dumb republicans who is willing to sacrifice meemaw so that you can get a haircut...
That is my real agenda here. I am all about the haircut. Fuck the starving families.

/thread

That is not what the article says. The 130 million is above the normal expected rate.

Back