World Food Program Says 130 million people at risk of starvation from COVID-19 impact

You two seriously don't have the capacity to deduce that the supply chains of food delivery and commerce depend on people working?
One source equals only one conclusion with no other variables or explanations.
-the scropmoron.

Hey everyone. I state something as fact even if it contradicts with my one and only source. This is a message board. I don't have to prove anything I say. I can just say and then act superior to you.

Just remember, I'm smarter than you are. Google it.
-philo-publuis
Does the multi-source standard apply to just me or other posters as well? If it applies to other posters as well, I am going to fully expect you to police everyone here on having multiple sources when starting a thread.

I also suggest you create a new thread strictly for Google searches. When you want a topic searched in Google, just post what you want in the thread, and one of the other posters (with more drive and ambition than yourself) will look it up for you.

Last edited:
You two seriously don't have the capacity to deduce that the supply chains of food delivery and commerce depend on people working?
There are plenty of people still working in the food industry. The issue is more people who have been laid off in other industries that are running out of money to pay for food.

not going to deny that at all. Kentucky and West Virginia have a huge meth and opioid problem.

You can't put it on their drug problems alone. It lies in the supply side governance that the GOP still seems to think is a good idea in practice. The Republican state legislatures pushing for corporate interest over the citizenry can always be relied upon as well.

And if you want to look at Purdue pharma and companies of their ilk, and who they support politically?

its the opposite for me. ever since the coronavirus i find myself eating more than ever

Yeah but most of those that would die are already starving due to preexisting conditions - like conflict or being from shithole countries. So we should probably let them die anyway to thin the herd and prevent more refugees.
Just so you know, two people unironically liked that post of yours.

Yeah but most of those that would die are already starving due to preexisting conditions - like conflict or being from shithole countries. So we should probably let them die anyway to thin the herd and prevent more refugees.
This was Michael Moore's plan all along
<TheWire1>

If there's a problem of millions of people not having enough money for food, shouldn't the government have divided the trillions they gave to businesses and given them to regular Americans instead?

When our food supply runs low, we’ll just move to your state and raise your cost of living

Oh don't worry, you fuckers already did that by pricing everyone out of California and then they move to neighboring states and everything increases including housing costs. This isn't anything new bud.

Those people starving are selfish.

People are dying and all they can talk about is "muh bigmac"

People shouldn't die so starving people can drink monster sodas and eat baconators.

They are a cult, and they will always find a way to deflect reality. See exhibit "A" above (nac386).
Reality is we are fucked one way or the other. Not sure why people have to debate all this conspiracy nonsense. It is a virus and it is bad, it's as simple as that, over reliance on a global economy is what has fucked us over so badly. This is the collapse of the world's economy, anyone that can't grasp that fact is straight daffy.

Those people starving are selfish.

People are dying and all they can talk about is "muh bigmac"

People shouldn't die so starving people can drink monster sodas and eat baconators.
Interesting concept. Have you ever seen what happens when people don't eat? Neither have I, but it's not pretty. Ask @Cole train about it.

Oh great now im tied to this shitstorm

Time to propel away

"Leaves thread"

You must be one of those dumb republicans who is willing to sacrifice meemaw so that you can get a haircut...
Fuck the haircuts, I'm in Australia and I need pubs and strippers. Speaking of strippers, nobody is thinking of those poor girls, how are they going to get their nose candy in such trying times?

At least one factor likely contributing to starvation estimates as far as Africa is concerned is their recent mega plague of locusts. China was also I believe experiencing an issue hitting their pork industry very hard prior to Covid. That's not to say that Covid isn't the most significant factor in what is likely to come as far as food scarcity.

If there's a problem of millions of people not having enough money for food, shouldn't the government have divided the trillions they gave to businesses and given them to regular Americans instead?
Then what jobs do those people go back to when this is over? If our businesses collapse, it would elongate the problem (maybe drastically). "Stimulus" had to be injected into both. We obviously can't do that forever though.

Last edited:
Reality is we are fucked one way or the other.
Yes, but numbers seem to be trending in a way that indicates "quarantining" for too long is fucking us even more. It is destroying world economies and could lead to much more death.

Not sure why people have to debate all this conspiracy nonsense. It is a virus and it is bad, it's as simple as that, over reliance on a global economy is what has fucked us over so badly. This is the collapse of the world's economy, anyone that can't grasp that fact is straight daffy.
Who has suggested a "conspiracy theory?" I missed that. I think the point in this thread is we have to objectively look at the path that will cause the least amount of death (irregardless of politics).

Last edited:
At least one factor likely contributing to starvation estimates as far as Africa is concerned is their recent mega plague of locusts. China was also I believe experiencing an issue hitting their pork industry very hard prior to Covid. That's not to say that Covid isn't the most significant factor in what is likely to come as far as food scarcity.
The article in the OP though clearly states that the calculation of 130 million is directly due to the impact of COVID-19. The total calculation of people that will die of starvation by the end of the year is 265 million (to include causes other than the impact of COVID-19).

Beasley warned that analysis from the World Food Programme, the U.N.'s food-assistance branch, shows that because of the coronavirus, "an additional 130 million people could be pushed to the brink of starvation by the end of 2020. That’s a total of 265 million people."

It's almost like we, both nationally and globally, should have had a better prepared and funded social network system that would assure this effect would be mitigated. It also seems as if we could have spent more time assuring we had some sort of specialized branch that focused on the response mechanisms rather than just having politicians glad-handing and posturing.

Fuck the haircuts, I'm in Australia and I need pubs and strippers. Speaking of strippers, nobody is thinking of those poor girls, how are they going to get their nose candy in such trying times?
Fuck that its worse
This time indoors may make them rethink their life choices ! Many of the hot goddesses who get naked for a few dollars may stop stripping altogether ...thank odin we have superhot instagram thots to fall back on

Back