WORKOUTGUY's LOG OF PUSHIN LIGHT WEIGHT!! yeahh budddyyyyy!!!

WORKOUTGUY

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Height: 5ft'9
weight: 245lbs

My goals are simply to be as strong as possible and later to cut my fat way down. For the next 8 weeks i will be doing the Bill Star 5x5. Any tips or advice is always appreciated. I am a very large guy with a very wide frame. I do not gain weight very fast and can lose up to 30lbs in three months, ive done it before. Ive been back to the gym for about a month now doing curl monkey routines until i found the S&P on sherdog.

DAY1 MAR 31/08

BENCH

150lbsx5
160lbsx5
170lbsx5
180lbsx5 5 min rest here
190lbsx5

SQUAT

Warmup 3x 100lbs
warmup 3 x 100lbs

240lbsx5 5min
240lbsx5 5min
240lbsx5 5min
240lbsx5 5min
240lbsx5 5min

DYNAMIC ROWS

180x5 5 min
180x5 5 min
180x5 5 min
180x5 5 min
180x5 5 min

Very hard workout day but felt awesome doing it, felt like im om my way to acomplishing real goals. I have never felt this good about weight training.

Good stuff "WORKOUTGUY", now you can ask all of you're questions in here, and someone may stroll by to answer them. Nice numbers for just starting aswell.

You made it !!!!!

Welcome.

i bet he won't stick with it longer than 2 months.

am i rite? am i rite?

(inspiration!)

i bet he won't stick with it longer than 2 months.

am i rite? am i rite?

(inspiration!)

speakin of which do you continue on with this and just keep ading weight forever? he says after phase 2 to do other shit.

Add 5lbs each time you get all the reps, when you miss the reps try again if you still miss the reps do a deload (take 10-15lbs off and start again). Once youve done a couple deloads and still getting stuck move on to a more advanced program.

You should be good until 1.5x bodyweight roughly, Im currently at about 1.2x bodyweight for 5x5 and still making progress on this program.

Add 5lbs each time you get all the reps, when you miss the reps try again if you still miss the reps do a deload (take 10-15lbs off and start again). Once youve done a couple deloads and still getting stuck move on to a more advanced program.

You should be good until 1.5x bodyweight roughly, Im currently at about 1.2x bodyweight for 5x5 and still making progress on this program.

Thank you vince. I hope no hard feelin about earlier.

DAY 2 apr 2/08

DEADLIFT
5x240 4mins rest
5x240 4 mins rest
5x240 (Grip too tired to hold bar) 4 mins rest
5x220 4mins rest
5x 220 4 mins rest

SQUAT

5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3 mins rest

STANDING MILITARY PRESS

5x 155 3mins rest
5x155 3mins rest
5x155 3 mins rest
5x155 3 mins rest
4.5x155 (thought i had hit 5 and let weight come down to rack, buddy told me i only hit 4, tried for 5 and got half way, i think i could have done a full set here without the interuption)

PULLUPS

2xbody+1 negative
2xbody+ 1 negative
GYM CLOSED so couldnt finish sets.

I felt so goddamned tired today. Worked out hard and left feeling exhausted so a good day.

DAY 2 apr 2/08

DEADLIFT
5x240 4mins rest
5x240 4 mins rest
5x240 (Grip too tired to hold bar) 4 mins rest
5x220 4mins rest
5x 220 4 mins rest

SQUAT

5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3mins rest
5x190 3 mins rest

STANDING MILITARY PRESS

5x 155 3mins rest
5x155 3mins rest
5x155 3 mins rest
5x155 3 mins rest
4.5x155 (thought i had hit 5 and let weight come down to rack, buddy told me i only hit 4, tried for 5 and got half way, i think i could have done a full set here without the interuption)
y.

Good #s on Mil Press. On your Deadlift, if grip is failing, try a mixed grip- one hand over the bar, one hand under. Double overhand will work your grip so it will adjust, but to get those last sets, if you need to, use a mixed grip and the bar won't want to roll out of your hands.

Good #s on Mil Press. On your Deadlift, if grip is failing, try a mixed grip- one hand over the bar, one hand under. Double overhand will work your grip so it will adjust, but to get those last sets, if you need to, use a mixed grip and the bar won't want to roll out of your hands.

I actualy tried that and it still failed to hold the bar. I think mainly its cuz i have only started monday griping heavy with the dynamic rows and think its will take a few weeks for my grip to catch up with what im doing. It ddidnt feel to bad at first but they got tired fast. so i think it might be from how hard ive worked this week and it just needs time to catch up.

Are wrist wraps worth getting, ive heard they cuz your grip to suffer in the end.

speakin of which do you continue on with this and just keep ading weight forever? he says after phase 2 to do other shit.

I read a post by a mod, not sure which one, who said as long as you're adding weight to the bar in a progressive manner, there is no reason to change one's program. You just keep going til you stop adding weight like you used to. Makes sense to me, and many other here.

Nah avoid the straps brah. Keep it raw, keep it real. :D

damn man ur huge. for grip problems you can try the hook grip as well. Basically you wrap ur thumb around the bar like a strap and hold it tight with your fingers. Hurts like a bitch at first but you'll get used to it.

nice numbers

did you change your log title? if so, how?

I read a post by a mod, not sure which one, who said as long as you're adding weight to the bar in a progressive manner, there is no reason to change one's program. You just keep going til you stop adding weight like you used to. Makes sense to me, and many other here.

Yeah - the goal of any program is to keep improving. If you're improving then...well: "If it ain't broke..."

WORKOUTGUY - Your name annoys me, I think I'll change it to "Brick Shithouse".

did you change your log title? if so, how?

I think he restarted it. I'm pretty sure you can change the title just by editing the first post. Also, this title is much better (IMO).

Back