Working on your abs everyday??

M

macaframa**

is it true that your abs are the only muscles you can work out every day??

If healed in proper time, anything can be worked out every day.

I cant remeber but someone told me to let your abs heal for 4 days and work on them agian. lol i dont listen i just work on them every day.

Ted-P said:
If healed in proper time, anything can be worked out every day.

Its all about recovery with muscle developement. Depends what you do, how much you do of it, and how you're body reacts...

i work out my abs three times a days Monday-Thursday.

morning i do 100x2 crunches
before lunch i do 100x2 crunches / 25x2 leg lifts
evening 25x4 leg lifts / 35x4 incline crunches

is that too much??

macaframa said:
i work out my abs three times a days Monday-Thursday.

morning i do 100x2 crunches
before lunch i do 100x2 crunches / 25x2 leg lifts
evening 25x4 leg lifts / 35x4 incline crunches

is that too much??

i dont think so.....

In theory, abs are a smaller muscle group so technically they only need 24-48 hours to recover.

However in reality recovery times differentiate from person to person

However i wouldn't worry about recovery times with aba (or any bodypart); go by how you feel

Usually, when I feel the urge to work them everyday, It's usually "screw it, twice a week" after a couple of weeks of doing it..

I have found that I get the best results working them 2-3 times a week. I usually allow at least one day for them to recover.

macaframa said:
is it true that your abs are the only muscles you can work out every day??

I believe it's the same for your calves and forearms as well.

ok... your abs are a muscle like any other muscle, so let me clear things up for you guys:
1) if you train them like all your other muscles (heavy) you CANNOT train them every other day
2) any muscle can be trained every day given you condition it to do so, and keep the intensity and weight low enough to keep from over training it.
3) if you find yourself able to hit your abs hard every day you're not hitting them heavy enough.
4) that routine sucks donkey nuts Mac.
5) you will find an assortment of abdominal exercises in the stickies
6) you should not train you calves every day (or at all IMO since training them heavy means doing calf raises which have virtually no athletic carryover), however, due to the nature of grip training and the variety of ways you can train your lower arm, training your grip every day is a possibility. but again, you want to observe the same rules that would apply to your abs: don't hit them heavy every day.

Now, if after every boxing class your coach (or instructor or whatever) says everybody do 15 reps of three types of situps, don't whine to him about overtraining. They're fucking situps. They should be easy, and thus will not over train you. even if you did saxon side bends, ab wheel rollouts and dragon flags the day before, 3 sets of 15 situps on your off days (or even the same days) is not going to kill you or inhibit your ability to recover dramatically.

Urban cracks me up sometimes.

Madmick said:
Urban cracks me up sometimes.
I'm sure he'll be all smiles too when he see's you've contributed a one or two line reply to nearly every post going in this forum.

Keep that shit in OT.

Edit: Having read a few more of your posts I realised they weren't all short and most were good stuff, but there's still no need to reply to every single post going, especially in S&P.

Xrave said:
I cant remeber but someone told me to let your abs heal for 4 days and work on them agian. lol i dont listen i just work on them every day.

hahahaha.

You can work on them everyday if you want to. But to get good results faster you should work on them really hard one day, and let them rest the day after.

urban - if u think my routine suck donkey nut, suggest me a routine then

Funkster said:
I'm sure he'll be all smiles too when he see's you've contributed a one or two line reply to nearly every post going in this forum.

Keep that shit in OT.

Edit: Having read a few more of your posts I realised they weren't all short and most were good stuff, but there's still no need to reply to every single post going, especially in S&P.

You're not a mod. That's as nice as I'll say it. Translate yourself.

Madmick said:
You're not a mod. That's as nice as I'll say it. Translate yourself.
I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong on this one. It's usually a fair assumption that when you see someone has replied to half a forums worth of topics that they're just trying to boost their postcount but after I'd read most of them I realised I'd made a mistake, so my bad.

Back