Work making me angry again!

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Today one of our accountants tried to walk in the plant without ear plugs in. The decibel level here is high, so if you dont wear ear plugs you can go deaf over time. A few employees here who have retired are now deaf from not using ear plugs all the time.

I didnt notice because I dont normally check people who have been here longer than me, and its not my job to babysit corporate employees. Im only responsible for new employees and visitors.

The corporate emplyees all know the rules. You dont go in without all the safety equipment on, and theyve all been here 1000s of times.

As she was walking in the big boss from corporate noticed she didnt have ear plugs on and told me to make sure she and the owners and others from management have it on before they go in.

Why am I responsible for them? They come here all the time and know the rules, and ive been over the rules with them anyway. How about a little responsibilty for yourself? Why do I have to tell them every single time they come here? These are people who have been with the company 10+ years and make 100k/year, and know damn well the rules.

This in itself is not a big issue, but im just getting tired of all the little things that keep happening here. From insane co workers to little bs things that always seem to happen.

Even the fact that im responsible for anyone putting on their safety equipment is bs. Unless its your first day and you dont know the rules why should i be responsible? You should be responsible for your own actions, not me.

Just as im typing this the owner tried to go in without ear plugs in, and i gave some to him. If i hadnt i would get bitched at for sure but why the hell arent these people following their own damn rules. Stupidity is something that really drives me nuts.

Beyond that the plant manager came in today and asked if i could pick up garbage that was outside by the door. Wtf? Im not a janitor, go tell your damn janitor to do it. I work in my office, i dont pick up garbage.

Ok thats not entirely true. Sometimes when im not busy i take it upon myself to sweep the front entrance and pick up garbage, just because i hate the garbage and cigarette butts that people throw on the ground. That doesnt give you the right to ask me to pick up garbage now. If i do it on my own thats one thing but dont ask me to do it, its not part of my job.

Anyway im done ranting. I always come here to bitch and moan whenever work is pissin me off.

Stupid work jerks. Im sure nobody cares but im just venting

well you fucked up when you took it upon yourself,now you are that guy who will do the cleaning.

If you were the boss,youd do the same. Its cost effective.

How large is your company? If its small (less than 40 employees), then everyone pulls weight regardless of title and position

If you were the boss,youd do the same. Its cost effective.

No. Id go tell one of the many janitors to clean it. It makes no sense asking me. The janitors here do nothing. They will take 2 hours to clean the bathroom which I could clean in 15 minutes. I used to clean bathrooms when i worked as a janitor so i know how long it shoud take.

How is asking me to clean up the garbage saving them money? Its not.

No. Id go tell one of the many janitors to clean it. It makes no sense asking me. The janitors here do nothing. They will take 2 hours to clean the bathroom which I could clean in 15 minutes. I used to clean bathrooms when i worked as a janitor so i know how long it shoud take.

How is asking me to clean up the garbage saving them money? Its not.

Id definitley make sure you never let them know that. Theyll have you doin the bathrooms in no time.

Remember on TUF 3,Rory Singer loudly complained that no one did the dishes and the place was a pigsty and hed angrily clean them,complaining loudly. He just outed himself to the rest of the house that no one has to clean any dishes anymore,cos they know this dude will do it.

2pac cares if ain't nobody else care.

Remember on TUF 3,Rory Singer loudly complained that no one did the dishes and the place was a pigsty and hed angrily clean them,complaining loudly. He just outed himself to the rest of the house that no one has to clean any dishes anymore,cos they know this dude will do it.

Lol. This is a business though so its different. The janitors have a responsibilty to do their jobs.

Im starting to wish i never left my job at the hospital. I was a boss and i had a staff of 12 and everything was good. Everything was always done and if any problem happened i would fix it. If an employee made a mistake i would talk to them and make sure it didnt happen again.

I need to be a boss again i cant stand being an underling and watching incompetent people run the show.

Fucking receptionists lol. You people need to know your place. Yesterday, I left a meeting for a minute and came back. When I tried to open the door to the meeting room, the receptionist had locked it. So I asked her if she could unlock it. She said no, so I burned her house down.

easy fix to your issue.
whenever one of those idiots show up without earplugs, touch them with the jab. they'll learn real quick.

Just piss all over the floor. It will make them fear you

Pick up garbage and make sure everyone is wearing earplugs all the time.

Im starting to wish i never left my job at the hospital. I was a boss and i had a staff of 12 and everything was good. Everything was always done and if any problem happened i would fix it. If an employee made a mistake i would talk to them and make sure it didnt happen again.

I need to be a boss again i cant stand being an underling and watching incompetent people run the show.

its funny to read this as SNL trebek

-there should be an internal memo sent out that everybody has to sign and submit to the safety Dept, acknowledging the earplug requirement
-there should be a sign and a basket full of ear plugs at each entrance.
Problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back