Work making me angry again!

Shhhh ... TS might lose his job if they do that. Just kidding.

TS, you sound young, I think every job I have ever done has included some tasks that seemed mundane and annoying, but I just did them. No complaints. I go to work to work and do my job to the best of my ability.

As an employee, you are selling your labour, your time ... the company is buying your labour and your time. When I'm at work and getting paid, I will follow my bosses orders and do my best.

im not young, im just immature ya big jerk face

LMAO!!!

Im allowed to go on sherdog. I always do my work so its not an issue. Im very efficient.

VROOMY, brother, I love you man, but you're killing me with this...tears, so much lutz.

tumblr_nlr719SZJK1qcfnyho1_400.gif

If you were the boss,youd do the same. Its cost effective.

I remember once my boss tried to get me to arrange the desk in the training room. I'm IT so all we do is setup the PC's for the training class. I just looked at him and said no that's not my job but I'll call facilities to come set it up. He got pissed but I don't really give a shit I didn't get into IT to setup desk and chairs and I told him that flat out. Plus my back was killing me from working out so I was already in a bad mood and wasn't going to aggravate it even more for someone else's job. The facilities people are supposed to setup these rooms before I even come and they constantly forget and I was done picking up their slack. On top of that I work in IT there are plenty of places I can go so I don't worry about getting fired and shit like that.

Im not a secretary. Im a health and safety coordinator with my own office and im considered a manager

As the health and safety coordinator, it is your job to make certain that employees wear their safety equipment. You should have signs on every door saying what safety equipment is required and have that equipment issued to employees that need it and available for visitors. Where I worked, we had ear plugs at every door. You're supposed to be the asshole that writes people up for not following safety procedures. Don't you conduct monthly safety meetings? We had safety meetings that employees signed in for, watched a video and took a test to make certain they understand the rules. Anyone caught violating the rules received a written warning the first time. A three day suspension the second time and were terminated the third time.

As the health and safety coordinator, it is your job to make certain that employees wear their safety equipment. You should have signs on every door saying what safety equipment is required and have that equipment issued to employees that need it and available for visitors. Where I worked, we had ear plugs at every door. You're supposed to be the asshole that writes people up for not following safety procedures. Don't you conduct monthly safety meetings? We had safety meetings that employees signed in for, watched a video and took a test to make certain they understand the rules. Anyone caught violating the rules received a written warning the first time. A three day suspension the second time and were terminated the third time.

we do have signs on every door, and i personally tell every new employee the rules.
the problem isnt the regular employees, its the top mangement from corp like the owners and shit.

i cant write up the top of management, they are higher on the food chain.

why do you think im bitchin? the top dawgs ate telling me i have to make
sure the other top managers are wearing safety gear. wtf is that.

how about quit being idiots and make sure you habe it on yourself, you are the gdamn owners and hr managers etc.. why the hell do i have to keep explaining the rules to you when yoyre suppose to be helping enforce tjem?

the whole thing makes 0 sense and they have 0 accountability.

its just dumb

like today after i made this thread we get anotger corp guy come in.
i look at his shoes and i cant tell if they are safety shoes. i ask him if they are, he says "eh, close enough". i say what does that mean? they either are or theyre not. he says theyre not. i say go put on safety shoes.

another girl from corp comes in. she asks to use the washroom real quick, i say ok. then she doesnt cone back, doesnt sign in and walks around without ear plugs in.

what the f is wrong with these corporate idiots. i dont have to tell a single regular employee supervisor or manager to wear the safety equipmemt. the only peopke i have problems with are corporate and 75% of them try to sneak in without something on. bunch of fackin tards man

we do have signs on every door, and i personally tell every new employee the rules.
the problem isnt the regular employees, its the top mangement from corp like the owners and shit.

i cant write up the top of management, they are higher on the food chain.

why do you think im bitchin? the top dawgs ate telling me i have to make
sure the other top managers are wearing safety gear. wtf is that.

how about quit being idiots and make sure you habe it on yourself, you are the gdamn owners and hr managers etc.. why the hell do i have to keep explaining the rules to you when yoyre suppose to be helping enforce tjem?

the whole thing makes 0 sense and they have 0 accountability.

its just dumb

Our safety manager wrote up the corporate general manager for answering his cell phone in a restricted area while on a visit. The corporate general manager wrote the rule and specified that anyone caught be written up.

Our safety manager wrote up the corporate general manager for answering his cell phone in a restricted area while on a visit. The corporate general manager wrote the rule and specified that anyone caught be written up.

lmao.. im not goin there

Be that guy that makes a fuss when you find someone without ear pro in. Then people will wear it just so they don't have to put up with you. It's win-win. You don't have to correct people as often, AND you get you vent your stress out. Just make sure when you give them a hard time, you use facts to support why it's important they wear ear pro. Make it seem like they are doing something wrong. Guilt, guilt, guilt. You'll be the ear pro guy to a lot of people, but at least people won't go deaf and they'll actually be taking care of themselves.

Use lines like "don't let me be the only guy to remind you not to go deaf. Take it upon yourself as well."

back hand those lines at them.

Be that guy that makes a fuss when you find someone without ear pro in. Then people will wear it just so they don't have to put up with you. It's win-win. You don't have to correct people as often, AND you get you vent your stress out. Just make sure when you give them a hard time, you use facts to support why it's important they wear ear pro. Make it seem like they are doing something wrong. Guilt, guilt, guilt. You'll be the ear pro guy to a lot of people, but at least people won't go deaf and they'll actually be taking care of themselves.

Use lines like "don't let me be the only guy to remind you not to go deaf. Take it upon yourself as well."

back hand those lines at them.

the problem is i work in an office. once they go inside i dont know if they are wearibg earplugs or not. the place is huggeeee.
i always tell them to put it on but who knows if they actually do. i do bitch at them, they just dont care. they will try to do it ahain the next time they come.

Vroomy be all like...

4eb6ce0cb34977bc67f706a98550d457.jpeg

Lol a corp guy just left. he says " I guess i can give you back this garbage you made me put on"

wtf....is wrong... with these people... honestly

the problem is i work in an office. once they go inside i dont know if they are wearibg earplugs or not. the place is huggeeee.
i always tell them to put it on but who knows if they actually do. i do bitch at them, they just dont care. they will try to do it ahain the next time they come.
Sounds like nobody wants to enforce this rule so they threw it on you. Sounds like you have shitty management. Safety is everyone's responsibility. Maybe you can bring it up to someone who can do or say something about it? Usually there isn't anyone though. I know what it's like to be the only one who really cares. It's twilight zone type shit.

Easy to fix, when someone shows up without the proper safety equipment just write them up. If its your job (it sounds like they are indicating it is) to enforce the safety rules then just do. After they get written up a few time they will start to remember their safety equipment.

i cant write people up. i can have hr write people up but they are not going to write up corp, i know them well

Man those are some unattractive broads. I saw a promo pic for their show once and the one with the longer hair actually looked cute. Makeup and lighting can do crazy things.

Today one of our accountants tried to walk in the plant without ear plugs in. The decibel level here is high, so if you dont wear ear plugs you can go deaf over time. A few employees here who have retired are now deaf from not using ear plugs all the time.

I didnt notice because I dont normally check people who have been here longer than me, and its not my job to babysit corporate employees. Im only responsible for new employees and visitors.

The corporate emplyees all know the rules. You dont go in without all the safety equipment on, and theyve all been here 1000s of times.

As she was walking in the big boss from corporate noticed she didnt have ear plugs on and told me to make sure she and the owners and others from management have it on before they go in.

Why am I responsible for them? They come here all the time and know the rules, and ive been over the rules with them anyway. How about a little responsibilty for yourself? Why do I have to tell them every single time they come here? These are people who have been with the company 10+ years and make 100k/year, and know damn well the rules.

This in itself is not a big issue, but im just getting tired of all the little things that keep happening here. From insane co workers to little bs things that always seem to happen.

Even the fact that im responsible for anyone putting on their safety equipment is bs. Unless its your first day and you dont know the rules why should i be responsible? You should be responsible for your own actions, not me.

Just as im typing this the owner tried to go in without ear plugs in, and i gave some to him. If i hadnt i would get bitched at for sure but why the hell arent these people following their own damn rules. Stupidity is something that really drives me nuts.

Beyond that the plant manager came in today and asked if i could pick up garbage that was outside by the door. Wtf? Im not a janitor, go tell your damn janitor to do it. I work in my office, i dont pick up garbage.

Ok thats not entirely true. Sometimes when im not busy i take it upon myself to sweep the front entrance and pick up garbage, just because i hate the garbage and cigarette butts that people throw on the ground. That doesnt give you the right to ask me to pick up garbage now. If i do it on my own thats one thing but dont ask me to do it, its not part of my job.

Anyway im done ranting. I always come here to bitch and moan whenever work is pissin me off.

Stupid work jerks. Im sure nobody cares but im just venting

So what is your job?? Are you a safety officer or something?

Back