Woodley Whining

The belt, who is the champ from a sports perspective at least is a total joke.

But I don't know likley the financially and the opportunities that come with being ' Champ' are worth it so woodly is right in sitting out.

If mma/ufc was a sport it would be a clear criteria for who is next, but what can you say...maybe if Thompson whines more than Woodley he will get it? But then maybe Woodley start crying?
Sometimes(actually most of the time) I am embarrassed to be associated with this 'sport' lol

the belt means little $$ wise to t wood or anyone else if u dont have a large fanbase and draw ppv numbers ..ask mighty mouse, he s not getting any ppv points or big raises despite being a dominant champion on a tear cause he s the worst draw,...do u /does t wood think whining and sitting on the sidelines waiting is gonna make people wanna shell out 50 bucks to watch him on ppv try and wrestle robbie for 5 rds..dont think so

Pretty sure it was already scheduled since there was a 3-month gap between 192 and 195. At the time, I can't think of anyone else who was on the radar other than Woodley and Maia.
Yeah that totally makes sense. I vaguely remember Lawler pulling out just because I was so surprised to hear the news.

the belt means little $$ wise to t wood or anyone else if u dont have a large fanbase and draw ppv numbers ..ask mighty mouse, he s not getting any ppv points or big raises despite being a dominant champion on a tear cause he s the worst draw,...do u /does t wood think whining and sitting on the sidelines waiting is gonna make people wanna shell out 50 bucks to watch him on ppv try and wrestle robbie for 5 rds..dont think so

Yeah obviously twood ain't no gsp but relatively yo where he is now, he is just one of the guys and nobody cares even though he arguably is the best, would he become champion he would get alot more exposur etc.
You think mighty mouse has it though, well just imagine mighty mouse if he wasn't the champ ^^
That is t wood a non champ mighty mouse

Condit got the fight after beating Alves. Before that he lost to Woodley. But I don't recall Woodley being outraged, so it must've been booked prior. Remember Lawler and Condit were to fight in Australia but it got cancelled because Lawler had an injury.
Oh yeah that totally makes sense. I only vaguely remember Lawler getting injured since it was such a surprise to me. I guess that makes sense. Shiiiet if Woodley had taken a fight against Alves he'd definitely be in a better position.

Yeah obviously twood ain't no gsp but relatively yo where he is now, he is just one of the guys and nobody cares even though he arguably is the best, would he become champion he would get alot more exposur etc.
You think mighty mouse has it though, well just imagine mighty mouse if he wasn't the champ ^^
That is t wood a non champ mighty mouse

your right he would get more exposure but thats IF he wins and he s wasting time and losing money on a big IF..exposure doesnt always translate to more money though if the fans consider u boring/ not popular fighter..your right too demetrius would make even less but at the same time he should be making way more than he is considering his accomplishments and i m stating that could be the same case for t wood IF he gets the title...i personally think he would hold it for about as long as rashasd..he s athletic, has got a good power dbl and a right hand thats it reminds me of mendes..that doesnt equal a champ with a long title reign in 2016..maybe in 2010..i think he ll have a similar career to mendes , top ten but never uber elite at 170

dude i think u misread my post i said essentially the same thing...woodley is not deserving at all that was the point of my post(s) ..read the whole thing before u quote it lol...i mentioned maia cuz woodley prob could have taken that fight instead of brown getting it instead of sitting on his a** whining and waiting...thats why i mnetioned maia i think maia is ahead of woodley but maia might actual be the only good style matchup for t wood and t wood could have fought him and began making a better case for a shot if he won ...
Look at the post from you I quoted and please show me where you mentioned Maia.

When did Tyron won a #1 contender fight?

Of he didn't.... Ok stfu

If he wanted it that bad he should have gotten in there and KOed Hendricks himself.

Look at the post from you I quoted and please show me where you mentioned Maia.
no problem lol my orig post below

just take a winnable fight and/or go to a competitor & get an immed title shot like bendo, and make some dough? how is complaining gonna help/move needle to him..he could have ko d maia by now or fought someone els.the best way to change the situatuon is to get another victory over a good fighter and keep the dough flowing .. ie thompson moved the needle in his direction by winning impressively not by sitting on the sidelines, and took tough fights..tyron is losing time and money waiting for something he didnt earn, his only big victory was beating a a guy who blew his acl mid round...who else has really beat? rory tooled him, he beat gastelum barely..he doesnt draw for a ppv either, i dont know why dana even promised him one when johnny pulled out,,,dana should ve just gave him some extra $$ to compensate would have looked better for dana/the ufc rather than a soft promise to give him a title shot..only thompson and condit have valid cases in my opinion for the next oppotunity

your 1st response to my post

except where do you fit Maia into this equation? His 4 wins > Woodley's 2. Someone's going to be pissed off in this situation when we have a Champion then 4 challengers in contention. In my opinion, Woodley is the least deserving.

Wonderboy - longest streak and most impressive win in division.

Maia - 4 dominant wins in a row. Poses a crazy challenge for anyone in the sport.

Condit - fan favorite, best lawler in most peows opinion.

Sure Woodley may be ahead of Condit, but he's nowhere near first.

Lawler-Wonderboy
Maia-Woodley

Give Carlos a rest to recover from that war and gave him one of those winners.

lay off that diaz cali sh**

I don't think he should get the title shot, but...

He did beat Condit and Condit got a title shot.
He never got the chance to fight Hendricks because it was Hendricks who couldn't make the weight, not him.

So is he being mistreated? Well kind of, you can say he's only on a two fight winning streak but Condit was on a one fight streak, hell that's not even a streak and I'm a Condit fan, it all goes back to the UFC and their bullshit policies this is a company that employs a ranking system that doesn't mean jackshit and enforces a uniform policy to make the 'sport look cleaner' and more appealing yet they'll give the title shot to who they want and when they want.

Does he deserve a shot? No. But Woodley was the one who was professional enough to make the weight and he did beat Condit give him a title eliminator against Wonderboy and sort this thing out while the UFC actually makes its rankings and title shot policies a little more legitimate but this is Dana White we're dealing with, legitimacy means nothing only the dollar.

He's delusional if he thinks he deserves the shot.

I could understand Woodleys frustration. He's probably about to get jumped for a titleshot by a guy who beat the man that he was supposed to fight, and none of it was his fault.

It's just the nature of the beast. He probably should accept the fact that he's 1 fight away, or maybe he should've taken a fight after Johny pulled out.
His frustration is understandable but he could have lobbied for the Hendricks fight to be rebooked as soon as Johny was ready to go. He took the purse, and sat on a bullshit promise when everyone knows how fast this game moves. Several others were putting in work while he thought he was owed something now everyone's attention is somewhere else after an amazing performance from Wonderboy and in most people's eyes, he's out of the title shot talk. I feel bad for the dude but nothing's guaranteed these days.

I kind of get it but he made a mistake and now he's making another one.

Opportunities come and go quickly, instead of complaining he should be fighting before he's completely forgotten.

This is just a guess... but I'm betting that Woodley was offered Hendricks but said no because he's expecting that title shot. He doesn't deserve it.

Moral of the story: Dana White's word means jack shit. Woodley will probably learn that the hard way.

exposure doesnt always translate to more money though if the fans consider u boring/ not popular fighter..your right too demetrius would make even less but at the same time he should be making way more than he is considering his accomplishments and i m stating that could be the same case for t wood IF he gets the title...i personally think he would hold it for about as long as rashasd..he s athletic, has got a good power dbl and a right hand thats it reminds me of mendes..that doesnt equal a champ with a long title reign in 2016..maybe in 2010..i think he ll have a similar career to mendes , top ten but never uber elite at 170

Yeah obviously i dont favor twood to become and stay champ but anyone can do it, its the choosen one.
And like boring champ or boring contender? Obviously being champ is better and taking the ufc scheduelle into account t wood could fluke a title win and pull out with an injury from his first defense, take extended time off because the title fight was so though or whatever and viola twood be champ for 1-2 years

Should have taken a winnable fight. His last fight was barely beating Gastelum.

Woodley ducked Lombard, lost to Rory, non impressive win against condit and a decent win against a fat gastlum.
He's lucky to be top five.
Give the shot to W.B., Condit or Maia.
Rebook Lombard for woodley. Or Hendrix.

Back