Woodley Whining

He lost to Rory and was gifted the Hendricks fight purse. He goes on and on about being #1 contender yet won't fight anyone.
Either he is scared the actual top 5 talent can beat him or he thinks Dana has an ironclad word to title shots claims.
I think he should have taken another fight. The WW division has many contenders you need that STAMP a definitive win that singles you out from everyone.
Woodleys title shot would be legit if that opportunity was within 2months of Hendricks mis-weight issue. Almost 1 year of avoiding fights because. " You had a good word with Uncle Dana." Makes your full purse justified, thats it. Take another fight or fight the #1 contender and prove your worth.

In my mind, the contender list looks something like this:
1. Wonderboy (Because 6-fight winning streak and destroyed Hendricks)
2. Condit (Because great fight + robbery)
3. Maia (If he beats Brown; looking impressive could put him over Carlos.)
4. Woodley

I wouldn't argue with Thompson getting the TS and Condit-Woodley 2 being a 5-round FN headliner to establish a clear next in line.

condit vs woodley 2 for title shot 5 rds ..then condit can avenge the loss and fight lawler/thompson winner or tyron can get a LEGIT victory over a top contender like carlos...i dont consider beating someone who suffered a acl mid 1st rd as a dominant performance worthy of a shot....ufc should approve cause a healthy carlos eliminates tyron from the mix if its a 5 rd fight and not 3 rds ...but i dunno if carlos is really gonna retire if he dont get lawler next..i think carlos just wants more $$ and the ufc should pay him..he s a warrior...woodley fights like a bigger chad mendes...right hand and power dbl thats all he s got and he ll lose to the elite and continue beating the koschekcs and ellenbergers of the ufc just like mendes in his weight class..this whole i deserve a title shot cuz my last opponent didnt show and i did and beating carlos when he blew out his knee and tapped before i even punched him...not much of a leg to stand on as carlos would say
condit vs woodley 2 for title shot 5 rds ..then condit can avenge the loss and fight lawler/thompson winner or tyron can get a LEGIT victory over a top contender like carlos...i dont consider beating someone who suffered a acl mid 1st rd as a dominant performance worthy of a shot....ufc should approve cause a healthy carlos eliminates tyron from the mix if its a 5 rd fight and not 3 rds ...but i dunno if carlos is really gonna retire if he dont get lawler next..i think carlos just wants more $$ and the ufc should pay him..he s a warrior...woodley fights like a bigger chad mendes...right hand and power dbl thats all he s got and he ll lose to the elite and continue beating the koschekcs and ellenbergers of the ufc just like mendes in his weight class..this whole i deserve a title shot cuz my last opponent didnt show and i did and beating carlos when he blew out his knee and tapped before i even punched him...not much of a leg to stand on as carlos would say

except where do you fit Maia into this equation? His 4 wins > Woodley's 2. Someone's going to be pissed off in this situation when we have a Champion then 4 challengers in contention. In my opinion, Woodley is the least deserving.

Wonderboy - longest streak and most impressive win in division.

Maia - 4 dominant wins in a row. Poses a crazy challenge for anyone in the sport.

Condit - fan favorite, best lawler in most peows opinion.

Sure Woodley may be ahead of Condit, but he's nowhere near first.

Lawler-Wonderboy
Maia-Woodley

Give Carlos a rest to recover from that war and gave him one of those winners.

True. Just don't get why people don't sympathise with him when they would be just as if not more upset if the same happened to them at their job.
I see what you're saying. I feel for the guy but he's getting paid more money than most people and I heard out of his mouth "I'll sit around and wait for my shot. I'm doing more stuff than just mma." I'm actually a fan of his but the way he said it made him sound like a diva and it rubbed me the wrong way.

In his favor, I don't understand why the UFC didn't just reschedule the Hendrick's fight instead of putting WB in it.

At the end of the day it's the fans who are dictating who will get the next shot, and it seems the majority want to see WB get the TS, and I believe the UFC will oblige.

Tyron has clearly been reading Sherdog since he defended his a 1 yr without a fight, which has been a major point of discussion here on the forum.

Tyrone played this hand wrong with his decision to wait for a TS .. live and learn.

Last edited:
Guy is way to intitled he hasnt done shit. Kelvin 29 -28! Rory made him look silly

In my mind, the contender list looks something like this:
1. Wonderboy (Because 6-fight winning streak and destroyed Hendricks)
2. Condit (Because great fight + robbery)
3. Maia (If he beats Brown; looking impressive could put him over Carlos.)
4. Woodley

I wouldn't argue with Thompson getting the TS and Condit-Woodley 2 being a 5-round FN headliner to establish a clear next in line.

Maia 4 dominant wins... I don't see how he's the one on the outside. Condit and Woodley have been less impressive of late. And save the Condit stuff, I thought he won against Robbie and would pay to see it again. But his resume isn't near Maia's of late.

What was there to learn? Miesha is getting a title shot on a McGregor (superfight) card. Had she gotten the (third) shot at Ronda instead of Holly she would have surely lost and she'd be in Jon Fitch purgatory as we speak. Tate is coming out of all this just fine imo.
Or Tate can be the champ and her first title defense could be Holly? And if Rhonda didn't feel like making movies Tate would still be stuck in purgatory anyway.

here's what i remember from woodley's recent fights.

-beat a washed up koshcheck
-tko knee injury win over condit. and if i remember correctly, i think he was losing up until that point.
-dominated in a decision loss to rory
-hit kim in the back of head when kim was attempting a sloppy spinning back fist.
-barely won a decision victory over a kelvin gastelum that missed weight and was literally on the verge of death the night before.

i think there are better candidates for a title shot at ww.

I'm not really getting the Woodley hate. I, for one, want to see Thompson vs. Lawler more, but he has a point.

Imagine that your boss told you that you were getting a promotion effective (theoretically) 6 months from now because you put in the work they, but the client you were putting in the work for backed out. Now that client comes back, and someone below you does the work and does a great job. Now that guy gets the promotion and you don't. Seriously, who wouldn't be sick if something like that happened to them?

The only way you could compare the situations, is if after the client dropped out you stopped putting in any work at all.

He lost to Rory and was gifted the Hendricks fight purse. He goes on and on about being #1 contender yet won't fight anyone.
Either he is scared the actual top 5 talent can beat him or he thinks Dana has an ironclad word to title shots claims.
I think he should have taken another fight. The WW division has many contenders you need that STAMP a definitive win that singles you out from everyone.
Woodleys title shot would be legit if that opportunity was within 2months of Hendricks mis-weight issue. Almost 1 year of avoiding fights because. " You had a good word with Uncle Dana." Makes your full purse justified, thats it. Take another fight or fight the #1 contender and prove your worth.

I just watched most of that video. He felt he didn't need to fight again to earn a shot. He mentioned beating 6 of the top 10 WW's and the fact he came in on weight and Hendricks didn't.

I only read about it but he was doing punditry for the Lawler and Condit fight and was adamant there was no need for a rematch, while the others were for it?

I could understand Woodleys frustration. He's probably about to get jumped for a titleshot by a guy who beat the man that he was supposed to fight, and none of it was his fault.

It's just the nature of the beast. He probably should accept the fact that he's 1 fight away, or maybe he should've taken a fight after Johny pulled out.

here's what i remember from woodley's recent fights.

-beat a washed up koshcheck
-tko knee injury win over condit. and if i remember correctly, i think he was losing up until that point.
-dominated in a decision loss to rory
-hit kim in the back of head when kim was attempting a sloppy spinning back fist.
-barely won a decision victory over a kelvin gastelum that missed weight and was literally on the verge of death the night before.

i think there are better candidates for a title shot at ww.
He was beating Condit early in a big way but Carlos was getting in a groove and seemed to be figuring him out before the knee iirc.

What has he done exactly to earn a shot? He got tuned up by rory and the condit win wasnt exactly convincing. Thompson and Maia are both more deserving

Exciting fighters that will sell tickets get priority. It is always going to be this way. You would think all the fighters would realize this and get onboard with it.

I just watched most of that video. He felt he didn't need to fight again to earn a shot. He mentioned beating 6 of the top 10 WW's and the fact he came in on weight and Hendricks didn't.

I only read about it but he was doing punditry for the Lawler and Condit fight and was adamant there was no need for a rematch, while the others were for it?
Condit deserves both rematches. One with Lawler and 1 with Woodley. and yeah when he did commentating for that fight he did think it was decisive and no rematch required.

except where do you fit Maia into this equation? His 4 wins > Woodley's 2. Someone's going to be pissed off in this situation when we have a Champion then 4 challengers in contention. In my opinion, Woodley is the least deserving.

Wonderboy - longest streak and most impressive win in division.

Maia - 4 dominant wins in a row. Poses a crazy challenge for anyone in the sport.

Condit - fan favorite, best lawler in most peows opinion.

Sure Woodley may be ahead of Condit, but he's nowhere near first.

Lawler-Wonderboy
Maia-Woodley

Give Carlos a rest to recover from that war and gave him one of those winners.

dude i think u misread my post i said essentially the same thing...woodley is not deserving at all that was the point of my post(s) ..read the whole thing before u quote it lol...i mentioned maia cuz woodley prob could have taken that fight instead of brown getting it instead of sitting on his a** whining and waiting...thats why i mnetioned maia i think maia is ahead of woodley but maia might actual be the only good style matchup for t wood and t wood could have fought him and began making a better case for a shot if he won ...

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-10_19-26-54.jpeg
    upload_2016-2-10_19-26-54.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1
The belt, who is the champ from a sports perspective at least is a total joke.

But I don't know likley the financially and the opportunities that come with being ' Champ' are worth it so woodly is right in sitting out.

If mma/ufc was a sport it would be a clear criteria for who is next, but what can you say...maybe if Thompson whines more than Woodley he will get it? But then maybe Woodley start crying?
Sometimes(actually most of the time) I am embarrassed to be associated with this 'sport' lol

Woodley acts like his resume is a hell of a lot better than it is. He beat DHK and squeaked out a decision against a Gastelum after a terrible weight cut. Doesn't exactly scream title shot.

Back