Woodley is faster than Thompson and has more powerful hands and kicks

Yea and rory got finished by lawler who woodley dispatched with ease. So wtf is the point of the gif?

The point of the gif is he bites on feints too easily and his tendency to back himself up against the cage then predictably explode forward can be used against him.

Woodley was faster than Rory and has more powerful hands and kicks, too.

I think Thompson is mostly a bad match for Woodley because of the stand up but it's far from a lock. Woodley could definitely crack him or wrestle him down.

Thompson just has more volume to win rounds and in a competitive fight i would favor his cardio. My biggest question is probably, "how often can Woodley get Wonderboy to the ground, and if he does, how hard would it be for Wonderboy to escape?". I think Woodley could control him from the top but getting him there won't be easy. Wonderboy isn't going to overcommit to a punch and just hand Woodley a takedown, he would work his openings the way Rory did. The way i see it Woodley would have to hit takedowns and land some good punches standing to win a decision. Thompson is known for high volume of strikes and Woodley is low volume and relies on counters so its hard to picture Woodley winning rounds without wrestling or landing a KO punch.

Bingo.

Faster...don't know. More explosive, yeah. Better hands? Yeah probably. Better kicks? Hell no, son. What the fuck are you smoking?

<30>

Aldo had those advantages over Conor too, Timing beats Speed and Precision beats Power

Aldo had those advantages over Conor too, Timing beats Speed and Precision beats Power
Aldo never had more power than conor, neither did he have better boxing. Just pointing that out.

I knew Woodley was faster and stronger before I thought about it and decided Thompson is the favorite. He fuckin' better be stronger and faster, because Thompson's fight timing is legit.

Wonderboy will kick his head, don't be scared homie

YES, HIS HEAD IS FAST AS HELL

tumblr_n62cj2uXcW1six5o1o1_500.gif

But Thompson has the height, reach, range, and timing. Woodley does have the ability to mix in his wrestling with striking, which is great to have. Made GSP the WW great.

It's possible, but I think Wonderboy is going to dismantle Woodley. I think Woodley is gonna look totally lost in there. He does obviously have explosive power and can close the distance fast, but that fighting style is exactly what Wonderboy has been dealing with and practicing since he was an embryo......

I could definitely see Woodley closing the distance and landing something big as he is faster than Thompson. Woodley may well catch Thompson with a unexpected kick. Woodley could take him down and smash him there as well. Woodley has more ways to win this fight than Thompson that is for sure.

I don't think Thompson is as invincible or unbeatable like his fans think he is. After all Lawler was supposed to definitely beat Woodley with ease as most everybody on this forum thought. I picked Woodley to beat Lawler as well.

"Timing beats speed, precision beats power"

I believe a very wise UFC fighter once said this

This fight will look like Hendricks/Thompson, Woodley is gonna look like he did vs Rory Mac......lost and confused except he will get finished.

if so, wood needs to stop begging for someone else.

i doubt that thompson is unbeatable but im petty sure he can give wood a run for his money, so this match up ought to be a fine one. i just hope woody's tank holds.

He is a deer in the headlights against fighters with movement. See fight with Rory

His right hand can knock anyone in the division out.

Same goes for Wobderboys kicks though.

Will be interesting to see if Tyron wants to stand and trade, or use his wrestling more.

If he stands and trades with Wonderboy it will be the worst mistake of his life. He better put Wonderboy on his back because otherwise he is screwed.

Back