Woodley is faster than Thompson and has more powerful hands and kicks

Nose%2BBreak%2BStoppage%2BRobbie%2BLawler%2Bvs%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2BUFC%2B189.gif

EmotionalEmptyBongo.gif
Your MMAath is flawed. Woodley>Lawler>Macdonald>Woodley. Fixed that for you.

War Rory!!!!

if duckley ever gets in the octagon with wonderboy theres a 99% certainty he gets KO'd imo

All the things u listed are the same things u could of said before he fought rory and rory smoked him.If i had to bet id bet that wonderboy keeps him at distance and smokes him standing

I could definitely see Woodley closing the distance and landing something big as he is faster than Thompson. Woodley may well catch Thompson with a unexpected kick. Woodley could take him down and smash him there as well. Woodley has more ways to win this fight than Thompson that is for sure.

I don't think Thompson is as invincible or unbeatable like his fans think he is. After all Lawler was supposed to definitely beat Woodley with ease as most everybody on this forum thought. I picked Woodley to beat Lawler as well.
Woodley has better wrestling than almost everyone at 170 as well. Hendricks beat him in college by cheating. Basically it's GSP, Hendricks and Woodley for top takedown artist at 170. Add to that the hands and you've got a dangerous guy. That threat and his ability to close distance are why he put Lawler away... Crack.

Wonderboy has some of the best striking defense in the game and has never been finished by strikes or even legit hurt including all his kickboxing fights.

Obviously its MMA and anything can happen but the chances of Woodley tkoing him are incredibly small. Lest you not forget Shields out struck Woodley and Rory made him look like a fucking child lol.

Last edited:
Woodley definitely more faster than thompson. I got Woodley by KO round 1.

Yeah Woodley hits like a train, as the Lawler fight showed. Stylistically I think Wonderboy is a nightmare for him. He's extremely hard to hit, expertly controls range, and his wrestling defense just continues to get better.

WonderboyWoodley.jpg

He is more accomplished at kickboxing and karate too.

Too bad he is black so he will gas in 1 round.

Faster. Maybe. Thompson is more about precision than blinding speed. While Woodley is all about super fast blitzes in an attempt to land his right hand.

Powerful. He has more power in his right hand than Thompson does in his, but that's about it. Wonderboy's kicks can put away anybody in the division.

As for wrestling, it's hard to imagine someone who wrestles with the former MW Champ Chris Weidman on a regular basis could be taken down by Woodey. Especially because Hendricks and Macdonald couldn't.

I predict either a first round knockout for Woodley, or a third round tko/ unanimous victory for Thompson.

Show me a fight where Woodley has landed any sort of effective kick?
Not being funny buy honestly can't remember him kicking anybody of note, other than a few let kicks to Rory.

He may have technically more powerful kicks but he isn't going to be anywhere near Wonderboy to land them

Woodley has some of the best striking defense in the game and has never been finished by strikes or even legit hurt including all his kickboxing fights.

Obviously its MMA and anything can happen but the chances of Woodley tkoing him are incredibly small. Lest you not forget Shields out struck Woodley and Rory made him look like a fucking child lol.
<mma4>

Only the most delusional WB fans think he's faster than Woodley

But he would gas soon due to his race
That's funny. Dan Henderson is white and he said he gassed against Shogun in first fight. Conor is white he gassed against Diaz. Mendes is white and he gassed against Conor.

Let's not start on at altitude Cain

I could definitely see Woodley closing the distance and landing something big as he is faster than Thompson. Woodley may well catch Thompson with a unexpected kick. Woodley could take him down and smash him there as well. Woodley has more ways to win this fight than Thompson that is for sure.

I don't think Thompson is as invincible or unbeatable like his fans think he is. After all Lawler was supposed to definitely beat Woodley with ease as most everybody on this forum thought. I picked Woodley to beat Lawler as well.

Well, we'll see when they fight. Woodley has to quit running though ;)

2012-07-1421_01_25.gif

Genki Sudo>Marquardt>Woodley > Condit > Diaz > Penn > Hughes > Gsp > shields > Henderson > Fedor

Woodley>Koscheck>Anthony Johnson>Hardy>Ludwig>Genki Sudo>Marquardt>Woodley > Condit > Diaz > Penn > Hughes > Gsp > shields > Henderson > Fedor

Woodley>Koscheck>Anthony Johnson>Hardy>Ludwig>Genki Sudo>Marquardt>Woodley > Condit > Diaz > Penn > Hughes > Gsp > shields > Henderson > Fedor
Marquardt by KO >Woodley>Koscheck>Anthony Johnson>Hardy>Ludwig>Genki Sudo>Marquardt>Woodley>Condit>Diaz>Penn>Hughes>Gsp >shields>Henderson>Fedor

It doesnt work that way.

He can be as athletic as he wants but he has to know how to use it against such a particular style.

Wonderboy can read him and set him up alot better and in alot more different ways than Woodley.

Plus Woodley's left hand is hardly thrown with conviction.

The only concern is can he deal with soembody threatening strikes and Tds and feinting both back and forth and not be overwhelmed.

Back