Woodley ducking top contenders is different..

Calls out GSP/Nick Diaz = ducking top competition ?
8eQqot7.gif

Retired Gsp? Diaz with no wins in recent years?

Meh. Woodley is 34 years old, probably doesn't have much time left in the game. Hard to begrudge him for wanting to secure his first big payday at this late stage of his career.
Sounds like a shitty plan then to sit out for 18 fucking months.

I wish more fighters would concentrate more on making themselves the "money fight" instead of searching for one. Build up your brand. Instead of wanting to fight a McGreggor or a Diaz or a GSP for the big pay day, add your own name to that list and become the big pay day yourself. Be exciting. End fights. Talk shit. Call out fighters instead of the ol "whoever the UFC wants to put in front of me". . Just my 2 cents.
Indeed, I love it when people call out the top guy instead of the biggest draw. If they're both, even better. Nothing exciting about the non-answer usually, but just once I'd like to see someone respond Oldman style:
0dfSvTV.gif

That'll earn you some fans. At least one.

Fighting someone that beat you in an attempt to avenge a loss and set things right is now considered "ducking top competition." Only on Sherdog.

McGregor got strangled in round two buddy. Dude doesn't deserve another shot at Nate. Go back and defend your title.

Only McGregor fans lel

Why are people so high on Wonderboy? The guy beat Johnny Hendricks who looks like a shell of his former self. Hendricks lost to gastelum too didn't he?
Rory beat Woodley, He should ask for that rematch like Bisping asking for Hendo for redemption. GSP should get 1 non title fight so a Diaz rematch should suffice. Wonderboy is the only fight that makes sense right now. He is the #1 contender after beating Rory.

For a while people complained that rankings don't mean anything when it comes to title shots.

Now that a champion calls a spade a spade, people get angry with him.

Makes little sense to me. Tyron has precedence on his side.

There is no difference.

McGregor is picking another opponenet that he lost to over the supposed title contender and so is Bisping.

They are no way shape and form different, they are all doing the same thing.

Avoiding stiff competition.

I can respect a opinion like this rather than salty ass Shertards whining and singling out Woodley

Rory beat Woodley, He should ask for that rematch like Bisping asking for Hendo for redemption. GSP should get 1 non title fight so a Diaz rematch should suffice. Wonderboy is the only fight that makes sense right now. He is the #1 contender after beating Rory.

I can see him asking for a marquart rematch if he didn't have the belt but not rory, he may not even sign with ufc again.

I know as far as streaks go, wonderboy deserves the shot. In reality, he's not on anyones radar. Woodley kod the champ and he's barely on anyone's radar. I feel like wonderboy needs one more win on a bif stage.

Back