Woodley ducking top contenders is different..

Dsyfed

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Woodleys situation as champion is very different from mcgregors and bispings. As we know both of the fighters have avoided having to face top contenders In their division. But in mcgregors case he went up and fought/is fighting a much bigger man and creating a much bigger spectacle than a fight with Frankie. Bispings case is not as clear but it's still understandable. The top contender is suspended(Joel) and jacare lost to him not long ago. There is history with hendo and they have a reason to give a legend a title shot in his last fight.
In woodleys it's harder to find excuses not to defend against Thompson. For one Thompson has the better streak and should have got the shot over Woodley to begin with. That aside look at woodleys body of work. It's not as though some hype train just arrived. There was never s whole lot of interest in him before this last fight. He didn't have huge wins. He waited instead of fighting which is opposite of what both bisping and mcgregor have done. Remember him saying hector Lombard was "bad for his brand"? He lost to Rory which isn't a bad loss but if you watch that fight he looked awful and that was only 3 fights ago for him. Now he's coming in like some workhorse or superstar who deserves to call his shots? Hes neither. He won that belt fair and square but he hasn't done anything to earn extra consideration. I know the money fight thing has been big lately which I actually like but woodley doesn't bring enough to the table on his side of things. Mcgregor diaz Henderson bisping are all big names so are nick Diaz gsp. Woodley you just got here.

Woodleys situation as champion is very different from mcgregors and bispings. As we know both of the fighters have avoided having to face top contenders In their division. But in mcgregors case he went up and fought/is fighting a much bigger man and creating a much bigger spectacle than a fight with Frankie. Bispings case is not as clear but it's still understandable. The top contender is suspended(Joel) and jacare lost to him not long ago. There is history with hendo and they have a reason to give a legend a title shot in his last fight.
In woodleys it's harder to find excuses not to defend against Thompson. For one Thompson has the better streak and should have got the shot over Woodley to begin with. That aside look at woodleys body of work. It's not as though some hype train just arrived. There was never s whole lot of interest in him before this last fight. He didn't have huge wins. He waited instead of fighting which is opposite of what both bisping and mcgregor have done. Remember him saying hector Lombard was "bad for his brand"? He lost to Rory which isn't a bad loss but if you watch that fight he looked awful and that was only 3 fights ago for him. Now he's coming in like some workhorse or superstar who deserves to call his shots? Hes neither. He won that belt fair and square but he hasn't done anything to earn extra consideration. I know the money fight thing has been big lately which I actually like but woodley doesn't bring enough to the table on his side of things. Mcgregor diaz Henderson bisping are all big names so are nick Diaz gsp. Woodley you just got here.
Calls out GSP/Nick Diaz = ducking top competition ?
8eQqot7.gif

Woodly is scared . I hope gsp ends his career. I don't have time for him anymore. #GSP50-45

Why are people so high on Wonderboy? The guy beat Johnny Hendricks who looks like a shell of his former self. Hendricks lost to gastelum too didn't he?

I wish more fighters would concentrate more on making themselves the "money fight" instead of searching for one. Build up your brand. Instead of wanting to fight a McGreggor or a Diaz or a GSP for the big pay day, add your own name to that list and become the big pay day yourself. Be exciting. End fights. Talk shit. Call out fighters instead of the ol "whoever the UFC wants to put in front of me". . Just my 2 cents.

Why are people so high on Wonderboy? The guy beat Johnny Hendricks who looks like a shell of his former self. Hendricks lost to gastelum too didn't he?
He whooped Rory too.

Calls out GSP/Nick Diaz = ducking top competition ?
8eQqot7.gif

Their combined record in the last 3 years is....?

All three just want easy money. Conor has the only claim to challenging himself but he's already lined up excuses for a loss.

Also anyone saying one situation is bad isn't saying the other two are fine.

Meh. Woodley is 34 years old, probably doesn't have much time left in the game. Hard to begrudge him for wanting to secure his first big payday at this late stage of his career.

Woodley is smart enough to think about the financial future of him and his family rather than the opinions of dumb Shertards who say he's ducking competition

Their combined record in the last 3 years is....?

All three just want easy money. Conor has the only claim to challenging himself but he's already lined up excuses for a loss.

Also anyone saying one situation is bad isn't saying the other two are fine.
So fighting GSP and Nick Diaz are easy money fights ? Nick Diaz isnt a easy fight for noone. GSP is probably the greatest fighter of all time and avenge his only two losses. How can he be a easy fight lol ?

UFC should pay up and make Thompson vs Woodley a money fight for Woodley.
Woodley is campaigning before he's contract negotiations.

4 000 000 000 $ ?

He whooped Rory too.

Rory hasn't been the same either but I'm not saying that to discredit Thompson. I just don't understand why everyone is acting like he's undefeated or something.

Lmao. Has it been even 72 hours since Woodley beat Lawler senseless?

Rustlemania 2016.

Connor absolutely ducked Frankie......and absolutely ducks wrestlers. Woodley is asking for fights because the UFC created the precedent by letting Conner talk his way into whatever fights he wants.

So fighting GSP and Nick Diaz are easy money fights ? Nick Diaz isnt a easy fight for noone. GSP is probably the greatest fighter of all time and avenge his only two losses. How can he be a easy fight lol ?

Great fighters are great until they aren't. I'd rather we see how good old semi-retired fighters are without holding up divisions that are stacked. Neither guy has anything notable on their resume in 3 years. They have no current claim to greatness.

Great fighters are great until they aren't. I'd rather we see how good old semi-retired fighters are without holding up divisions that are stacked. Neither guy has anything notable on their resume in 3 years. They have no current claim to greatness.
GSP resume is more notable than anyone on the roster at the moment lol. He arguably the greatest fighter of all time. GSP has no claim to greatest ? WTF. Bro change sports.

Nobody can duck GSP... Bring this shit to me muthafuckas.

TheRassler... where you at motherfucka ?

It's OK. That guy probably stroked the fuck out.

GSP resume is more notable than anyone on the roster at the moment lol. He arguably the greatest fighter of all time. GSP has no claim to greatest ? WTF. Bro change sports.

Do you not know what current means? If I don't wanna see Fedor and Couture fight today should I change sports? Stop living in the past.

Do you not know what current means? If I don't wanna see Fedor and Couture fight today should I change sports? Stop living in the past.
You cant compare GSP to Couture and Fedor lol. GSP still young and could easily come back and dominate the whole division if he wanted to lol.

Back