Wonderboys Roundhouse kick is not that great..

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Isn't he overrotated? Look at his thigh and butt. You are not supposed to cross the center line with your kicking leg.... This is elementary stuff in Karate and TKD

_20200116_152623.JPG

Compare it to mine from the same POV.

I feel like this is yet again the "kicking too high syndrome" in which most practitioners lose power, alignment, control, and technique.

I love how 99% of prepared instructionals in GI "how to throw a proper roundhouse kick" (especially Karatekas) have shitty postures, closed hips, overrotation, poor foot control. In other words, how to NOT throw them...

Why is this kick so difficult for people??:confused:

I love how 99% of prepared instructionals in GI "how to throw a proper roundhouse kick" (especially Karatekas) have shitty postures, closed hips, overrotation, poor foot control. In other words, how to NOT throw them...

Why is this kick so difficult for people??:confused:

Are you making millions of dollars in your current job like Wonderboy?

If it's that easy then show us how it's done in the UFC.

It is easy.. They just haven't learned it properly. You don't need perfect technique to be a successful fighter. But they shouldn't put up instructionals if it's not better than that because.... then this evil circle won't ever end.

I actually asked a TKD instructor who his reference or inspiration was technically for the roundhouse kick and he couldn't say. He though most people can't throw a really good one.. Just one of those techniques...

He can't, if he did, he'd clear out every weight class division. It's not good for business.

He can't, if he did, he'd clear out every weight class division. It's not good for business.

First of all, MMA pays nothing relative to the risks involved. Secondly I don't know grappling. Thirdly I'm old. Forthly weak nerves at any competitive stuff..

His kick is OK but yea I agree spacetime you would KO him quick with yours if you guys ever fought

Or he would not have time to post on sherdog and record is bum level technique videos.

Claims he does not know grappling but spent a month or so trolling the Grappling forum and arguing with seasoned grapplers about why they were wrong - would ask dumb questions he could google then would argue about why the answers given were wrong.

Then type something about "catch wrestling >>> BJJ"

Back