'Wonderboy wrote a check his ass couldn't cash'- Woodley

The guy that got savagely beaten by matt brown did ask for lawler so he has his chance to fight lawler next? "I would rather fight robbie lawler" - exact quote by the dude who got beaten up by matt brown

Who would you rather fight for the title is the question, not just who do you want to fight
Agreed.
But that's not how it was taken.
It wasn't just once, it was multiple times that he said if he had his way he'd fight Robbie Lawler... and that's his opinion, and that's fine.

All Tyron is saying if he has his way he'll fight GSP or Diaz. It's not guaranteed he's going to get his way, but he has the right to say it. If the UFC makes the GSP/Tyron fight, that's on them.

So childish for woodley to say that honestly

For sure.
But also smart.
Dude is going to get paid, one way or another.
Really guys, think about this
Even if the UFC wants to make Woodley/Thompson... with GSP back in the mix also interested in the title shot, they're going to have to make it worth Woodley's while not to chase that fight instead.
And with the controversy, even if it's Tyron/Wonderboy it's going to include more drama and more interest just because of all this shit now
It's a win/win for Tyron honestly.

To be fair
Wonderwoman said multiple times he'd rather fight Lawler.
Thompson is the number 1 contender for sure, and I honestly think the best fight to make is Woodley/Thompson

But dude did say multiple times that he wanted to fight Lawler
If Woodley gets his way
Now he can fight Lawler..

He wanted to fight Lawler because he was the fucking champion at the time. Jesus, some of you guys are so fucking dumb.

No, he's said multiple times that Wonderboy wrote a check his ass couldn't cash when giving his reasons for not wanting to fight him. GSP hasn't even said anything.
oh. so my reading comprehension sucks then. I guess ducking a guy this hard, nothing good can come out of your mouth as a reason

Woodley is starting his reign with some very bad press.

He's a guy who never really earned his shot and was always fighting an uphill battle with the fans because of that.

I just want him to fight so he can lose and go back to being easily avoided.

Wtf does this even mean. This is some next level ducking. The only check that isn't cashable is Woodley's check for 201 cause no one bought it.
I miss Lawler already. He never requested to face some washed up fighters. He took on the best guys every fight until he lost. Woodly is obviously scared of top level competition. Who knows what kind of fighter GSP is these days? Everyone in their right mind knows the #1 contender is Wonderboy. Anyone else makes the UFC look weak. YOu don't protect the champ. They naturally rise and fall.

It means he said something and now has to back it up....the problem is Wonderboy can't because Woodley derailed his plans by knocking Lawler out.

You're welcome.

Wtf does this even mean. This is some next level ducking. The only check that isn't cash able is Woodley's check for 201 cause no one bought it.

Tyrone is pretty stupid.

The phrase is meant to be used against someone that has said something they cannot "deliver on".

The instance of Wonderboy saying he would like to fight Robbie does not mean he wouldn't be able to do so, now or in the later future.

Tyrone is simply being a smartass so that he can deflect valid criticism of dodging legitimate, deserving contenders like Wonderboy.

No shit.
But that's not the point.

Not the point? He's the #1 contender. He's next in line to fight the champion. They asked him who he rather fight and he said Robbie, but that's because he and most other people thought Robbie would beat Woodley. Now that Woodley is champ he should defend his belt against #1 Thompson.

You idiots are saying..."I heard him say he wants to fight Lawler next. Too bad for him since Woodley won, I heard him say it. No take backs."

Wtf does this even mean. This is some next level ducking. The only check that isn't cashable is Woodley's check for 201 cause no one bought it.
Next level ducking?? He had absolutely no choice in the matter.

You guys realize he's doing all this shit to rile people up and make them think he's ducking WB, therefore more buyers for when he inevitably fights WB and gets them PPV points.

Last edited:
Not the point? He's the #1 contender. He's next in line to fight the champion. They asked him who he rather fight and he said Robbie, but that's because he and most other people thought Robbie would beat Woodley. Now that Woodley is champ he should defend his belt against #1 Thompson.

You idiots are saying..."I heard him say he wants to fight Lawler next. Too bad for him since Woodley won, I heard him say it. No take backs."

That's not what I said.
And you missed the point.
Wonderboy can say anything he wants. He was well within his rights to say what he said. But what he did was give Woodley the opportunity to point to a soundbyte and say "See he didn't even really want to fight me!"

The point is, as is Woodley.
He's not a duck until the UFC offers him the Wonderboy fight and he flat out says no. This is not a foregone conclusion, the UFC is still going to make the fight that they think will sell. We ALL know this, Tyron has created for them three interesting narratives to pursue - and we all know that whichever one they pick, he will do.

It's the same shit Bisping did, it's the same shit McGregor did and honestly more fighters should do so and the pressure should be on the UFC to decide whether they want to preserve the integrity of the rankings or put asses in seats.

Again,
the fight that SHOULD happen is Woodley/Thompson. I agree with that. But Thompson helped to give Woodley the opening to pursue other fights. I'm sure he would have done it anyway, but he can point to things Thompson has said to justify (to himself I'm sure, and maybe to the UFC brass) that that's not the fight to make.

Will be funny if rebok blocks GSP, Diaz is uninterested and Lawler can't compete for whatever reason

it is always strange when you have a champion that no one believes is the best in the division

on the other hand, wood now wears a target bigger than his ego..

Back