Women's attraction vs. Men's attraction

How do you know? How would being yourself in India or China where the gender ratio is whack help at all? Rhetorical question, it wouldn't at all.

We need to put this myth of the soul mate to bed. There isn't a special someone out there for you but that doesn't relieve you of your duty to procreate. Find someone whose tolerable and act tolerably and have kids so there's someone to pay taxes when you're shitting yourself in an old folks home.

i wasnt really pushing the soul mate idea. i also have no comment about those who live in societies with an odd gender ratio.

i just think in the west that an average person should just be themselves. when i was a teen i used to try to talk to girls like it was some sort of a chess game. carefully choosing my words, as if there was some sort of magic series of words i could say....as if ladies were some sort of different type of person that i had to decipher. once i put all that shit behind me i had much more success. be yourself and treat whom ever you meet like you dont know shit about them yet. my two cents.

How do you know? How would being yourself in India or China where the gender ratio is whack help at all? Rhetorical question, it wouldn't at all.

We need to put this myth of the soul mate to bed. There isn't a special someone out there for you but that doesn't relieve you of your duty to procreate. Find someone whose tolerable and act tolerably and have kids so there's someone to pay taxes when you're shitting yourself in an old folks home.

You and I definitely see eye to eye on the bolded part.

You and I definitely see eye to eye on the bolded part.
Its something I think about a lot nowadays. As cold as it sounds I think it would be better if people saw marriage that way. These expectations of the special someone can be poisonous at times. I know of a woman who never seemed that into her husband but now regrets divorcing him. Which wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have a kid. Now hundreds of thousands of dollars have been poured out of his inheritance and into the pockets of lawyers and of course there's the emotional impact it has on him which is hard to measure.

I wonder if instead of looking at marriage at the institutional source of self fulfillment if looking at it in the (albeit crude) way I described might help. Suddenly the state of the marriage is not about how you feel, which can change moment to moment and will definitely change over time, but rather about the family itself and the success of your children.

But I ain't no love expert so what do I know? About as much as most of you mooks, which is next to nothing.

Its something I think about a lot nowadays. As cold as it sounds I think it would be better if people saw marriage that way. These expectations of the special someone can be poisonous at times. I know of a woman who never seemed that into her husband but now regrets divorcing him. Which wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have a kid. Now hundreds of thousands of dollars have been poured out of his inheritance and into the pockets of lawyers and of course there's the emotional impact it has on him which is hard to measure.

I wonder if instead of looking at marriage at the institutional source of self fulfillment if looking at it in the (albeit crude) way I described might help. Suddenly the state of the marriage is not about how you feel, which can change moment to moment and will definitely change over time, but rather about the family itself and the success of your children.

But I ain't no love expert so what do I know? About as much as most of you mooks, which is next to nothing.

I agree for the most part and think about the topic a lot too.

Last edited:
Back