• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Women and Children FIRST! If your life is at risk, what do you do?

I haven't even hit my prime earning years yet so if we're basing this on productivity I should probably be near the front tbh.

The demographic extremes can take the hit.

Oof I feel creepy just typing that.

Unless the women and children are family/friends, I'm getting on that raft...

IMO, All old people to include women should be left behind. They already lived most of their lives.

I'd give up my seat for children and their Mom. The pet is left behind.

WTF....Where are pics of the women?

This is a great question.

I'd kill everyone, take as much luggage as I possibly could and as I floated away with my feet up, see if I nabbed anything valuable.
lol. You, your luggage and no room except for maybe that one hottie, in your raft. Everyone else be dammed. lol.

It gets really callous when the hottie you let in with you, says 'but those two are my kids. There would be room for them if we throw your luggage out?' And you reply something along the lines of 'we can always make more kids. This luggage may be irreplaceable where we end up!'

I haven't even hit my prime earning years yet so if we're basing this on productivity I should probably be near the front tbh.

The demographic extremes can take the hit.

Oof I feel creepy just typing that.

that is actually how I feel, as a guy who has had his kids, been married, done that, and lived a pretty great and full life to date. Sure at 51 I could another quality 40 years (lots live to 95+ in my family) but if it was between me and kids or young adults, who have not had a chance to live yet, I think and hope I would step aside and give them those seats first.

I'd tell everyone to stay calm and chill out

source.gif

well to be honest the initial idea of "women and children first' really does not apply anymore, particularly with women.

The initial idea came from the fact that survival as a species meant women, of birthing years, and children were more valuable to society as a whole because survival of the species was connected to increasing the population or propagation of the species.

A woman lost means one less potential birth every 9 months or so.

An adult male loss has no impact on societies birth rates even if he had a partner as that woman can just get knocked by someone else.

So there is logic to now saying that 'women before men in such situations is an antiquated and baseless concept today'. You could even extend it to children but my compassion side does not want me to accept that logically.

Doesn't apply now as more than likely that women doesn't want to breed she wants to live with cats.

We would have to conduct a small interview before I throw my life away for some solitary bitch who is self centered.

IMO, All old people to include women should be left behind. They already lived most of their lives.

I'd give up my seat for children and their Mom. The pet is left behind.

WTF....Where are pics of the women?

See my post above re older people.

Ok boat is filling up as you help kids and women in. You now know that if you do not grab a seat soon, there will be no seat for you. There appears to be room for maybe 3-4 more depending on weight.

as you look down the aisle of the plane you see these 3 women coming in this order with more people behind them and as someone announces there are only a few potential seats left in the boats and we will need volunteers to not take them... all three women make it clear by announcing 'f-that, I am getting on that boat'.

DlxfirBUUAAbROO.jpg

betty-white-golden-girls-aids.jpg

lifebuzz-9e16d4e404b00419050f70ea8de67313-limit_2000.jpg

What is your call?

I’d only help the attractive women and the cute kids.

Ok boat is filling up as you help kids and women in. You now know that if you do not grab a seat soon, there will be no seat for you. There appears to be room for maybe 3-4 more depending on weight.

as you look down the aisle of the plane you see these 3 women coming in this order with more people behind them and as someone announces there are only a few potential seats left in the boats and we will need volunteers to not take them... all three women make it clear by announcing 'f-that, I am getting on that boat'.

DlxfirBUUAAbROO.jpg
Goddamn, that's nearly a full body shot and she takes up the width of the cover.

DlxfirBUUAAbROO.jpg

What is your call?
If you're heading towards a deserted island and want food to eat, take the first

If it's not your cuisine, you have live bait for whatever game you want on the island

I think the "Women and children" first mentality is outdated. The logic in the first place was for the survival of our species. But I think the planet is already overpopulated.

Would I let a woman and a child I don't know survive instead of me? Hell no. Call me a monster, but most people who claim they would die to let someone else they don't know live are liars.

People in catastrophic scenarios are in panic and most will think about their own survival first even if it means someone else has to die.

Lol@ saving a pet in expense of a human.

I think the "Women and children" first mentality is outdated. The logic in the first place was for the survival of our species. But I think the planet is already overpopulated.
I agree with the concept coming from a different time and with very real reasons for it back then, and stated something similar above.
Would I let a woman and a child I don't know survive instead of me? Hell no. Call me a monster, but most people who claim they would die to let someone else they don't know live are liars.
I don't agree with your end point here and feel for some people it is a way to make themselves believe 'no one would do that (perceived) hero thing that I would not do. Therefore we are all similar'.

Fact is that throughout history men have in fact, sacrificed themselves willingly for women and for others, including country. Watch the minors in the Chernobyl movie accepting death easily to do what they see as a duty.

Not criticizing your choice for yourself but just addressing this as you are not the first person to wrongly express the nothing 'I would not do it, and anyone saying they would is lying', which is not accurate.

People in catastrophic scenarios are in panic and most will think about their own survival first even if it means someone else has to die.
I addressed this too.

There are a small percent who would generally panic, as is always the case. Panic such that reason or rational cannot be reached and they even do stuff harmful to themselves. But while most are scared they do not hit full panic. Most can and will follow instructions, be orderly, etc.

The example this thread most closely resembles is the crash landing of the plane a few years ago into the Hudson river in NYC. Just imagine that same type of situation and landing but on a flight between two artic locations where no help will arrive quickly.

I agree with the concept coming from a different time and with very real reasons for it back then, and stated something similar above.

I don't agree with your end point here and feel for some people it is a way to make themselves believe 'no one would do that (perceived) hero thing that I would not do. Therefore we are all similar'.

Fact is that throughout history men have in fact, sacrificed themselves willingly for women and for others, including country. Watch the minors in the Chernobyl movie accepting death easily to do what they see as a duty.

Not criticizing your choice for yourself but just addressing this as you are not the first person to wrongly express the nothing 'I would not do it, and anyone saying they would is lying', which is not accurate.

I addressed this too.

There are a small percent who would generally panic, as is always the case. Panic such that reason or rational cannot be reached and they even do stuff harmful to themselves. But while most are scared they do not hit full panic. Most can and will follow instructions, be orderly, etc.

The example this thread most closely resembles is the crash landing of the plane a few years ago into the Hudson river in NYC. Just imagine that same type of situation and landing but on a flight between two artic locations where no help will arrive quickly.
Yea, I guess it depends on the situation.

I don't claim everyone saying that is lying, I just said "Most people".

What I mean by people being in panic is not that they wouldn't be able to follow instructions. But if there was only 1 raft with one place left for instance and people were in freezing water with 0% chance of survival, most people would rush and even fight for that last place even if it means taking the place of a woman or child.

DlxfirBUUAAbROO.jpg

What is your call?

The fat one and old one can't get in the raft because I need more room when banging the hot one. :p

Back