WMMA isn't good enough to Main Event cards

Its certainly not good enough to headline PPV's thats for sure, its low level MMA, its amateurish and always has been. I been to enough amateur local MMA events which are male to know what amateur MMA looks like. The UFC product has gotten much worse over the last few years

OR people watch mma who does not care if you are male or female. If you don't like wmma don't watch it. It's not like ufc having women fight is doing any harm to you.

Doing me harm ?
<{MindBrown}>

No kidding.
My point is that WMMA is an attempt to attract a new crowd that isn't usually tuned in to fights.
Although I don't think it translates to more sales tbh. That crowd doesn't buy fights they just white night the fighters on the Internet.

Doing me harm ?
<{MindBrown}>

No kidding.
My point is that WMMA is an attempt to attract a new crowd that isn't usually tuned in to fights.
Although I don't think it translates to more sales tbh. That crowd doesn't buy fights they just white night the fighters on the Internet.
Yea and having cm punk fighting is any better. Stop trying make this some sex war between guys vs girls.

Yea and having cm punk fighting is any better. Stop trying make this some sex war between guys vs girls.
CM Punk was worse.

I'm not turning this into a W vs M thing at all, just pointing out reality.

You're correct in that WMMA is an attempt to attract a new crowd. The millennials who will watch women fight just because they are women regardless of how amateur and ridiculous some of their skill sets are.

Those that will swoon over the "strong empowered women" such as yourself.

So yeah it's a business move that plays on those that are blind to the lack of skill set and actual ability to fight and enamored by the "brave women"
You know, like yourself.
Holy shit @silus_2000 was just kod harder than Ronda!

LOL!!

CM Punk was worse.

I'm not turning this into a W vs M thing at all, just pointing out reality.
You want reality ronda probably do better ppv than any HW beside Cheater brock

Well the SJW crowd is untapped in MMA so there's the target.
I just don't think sales are increased by WMMA as a main event ever and that 99% of the time a male main event will do better.
Then the company loses money and the point is decided. Still don't see the issue.

I will never pay for a card that has wmma on it.

Basicslly1-2 fights thst should never be on ppv.

Then the company loses money and the point is decided. Still don't see the issue.

They are losing money in the long run on WMMA other than Ronda.
Without her it would have never been worth it financially. Male fights will always sell more. WMMA was created solely to cash in on Ronda.

You're correct in that WMMA is an attempt to attract a new crowd. The millennials who will watch women fight just because they are women regardless of how amateur and ridiculous some of their skill sets are.

Those that will swoon over the "strong empowered women" such as yourself.

So yeah it's a business move that plays on those that are blind to the lack of skill set and actual ability to fight and enamored by the "brave women"
You know, like yourself.
So basically if you were the UFC owner you would do exactly the same thing. Got it.

So basically if you were the UFC owner you would do exactly the same thing. Got it.

My original point was that WMMA is not good enough to headline a card.
That doesn't mean if I was the owner of the UFC I wouldn't try to make money with Ronda.
Dana never wanted to bring WMMA into the UFC. But he was seduced with the thought of a whole new crowd buying PPV. Also he couldn't let the other organizations get into it and not the UFC. Ronda paid off, but without her WMMA would have flopped immediately.

My original point was that WMMA is not good enough to headline a card.
That doesn't mean if I was the owner of the UFC I wouldn't try to make money with Ronda.
Dana never wanted to bring WMMA into the UFC. But he was seduced with the thought of a whole new crowd buying PPV. Also he couldn't let the other organizations get into it and not the UFC. Ronda paid off, but without her WMMA would have flopped immediately.
Being a main event is not about being good enough. That's why you saw PVZ vs Waterson as a successful main event.

Yeah let's see how an all WMMA card would do since that's the only real way to tell if people are watching because they are fans of the whole card or if they are truly into WMMA.

I say an all WMMA card completely flops.

Haha okay buddy.
First you don't want female to headline cards because you think it hurts ufc now you want ufc setup a all female main event.
Jez make up your mind
I showed you why this thread is useless women can headline card. Will they do big numbers all the time? Probably not, but does male headline cards make big numbers all the time?

In the end it does not matter if you are a guy or a girl, as long you have story, winning record, and some sort personality that draws casual fans ufc will put you as a main event.

Being a main event is not about being good enough. That's why you saw PVZ vs Waterson as a successful main event.
I disagree.
Soccer mom's should not headline a card.
I'll say that 90% of the time a men's fight does better than a PVZ fight does.

Haha okay buddy.
First you don't want female to headline cards because you think it hurts ufc now you want ufc setup a all female main event.
Jez make up your mind
I showed you why this thread is useless women can headline card. Will they do big numbers all the time? Probably not, but does male headline cards make big numbers all the time?

In the end it does not matter if you are a guy or a girl, as long you have story, winning record, and some sort personality that draws casual fans ufc will put you as a main event.

The undeniable fact is that the extremely large majority of MMA fans would rather watch men headline a card than women and that men headlining will sell more than WMMA will 99% of the time.

Please explain to me how you believe that more people would rather watch women or that women will sell more.

And I'm not sure if you're ignorant or just being obtuse.
I didn't say I wanted a WMMA card. I said that's the true test to see if people are interested in WMMA or watching because it's on the card.
Do you disagree ?

I disagree.
Soccer mom's should not headline a card.
I'll say that 90% of the time a men's fight does better than a PVZ fight does.
You saying anything means shit if you're going to ignore the numbers. And they have numbers backing the PVZ-Waterson main event, and it was a success.

Back