• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WMMA Discussion #29

It seems that Zhang Weili has played a part in a movie...

"An unforgettable experience. I started shooting this movie the day after my fight ended. After 50 days of filming. The film ended successfully. I hope it surprises everyone"

Result from Ares today:

Zarah Fairn not having any luck:

Well, if Twitter last night is anything to go by, Dakota Ditcheva is not only the second coming, she’s ready to face UFC top five fighters, and will beat them. Never mind she was a -4000 favorite against a girl with a 3-2 record and the only winner from the first round facing a first round loser

Last edited:
Result from Ares today:

Zarah Fairn not having any luck:

Well, if Twitter last night is anything to go by, Dakota Ditcheva is not only the second coming, she’s ready to face UFC top five fighters, and will beat them. Never mind she was a -4000 favorite against a girl with a 3-2 record and the only winner from the first round facing a first round loser

Just read someone say her striking is like prime Joanna. I had to leave that thread right after reading that. The lack of awareness of people taking into account level of competition is reminding me of Ilima-Lei Macfarlane and Julia Budd.

Not much to say, except what the hell happened to Taila Santos' boxing? She used to have good punches in the UFC, her hooks were a bit wide but other than that everything was pretty good. In her last fight she couldn't throw a straight punch to save her life and a lot of her punches were weak, bent arm slappy shit. She was punching like a 10 year old girl who's never thrown a punch in her life, her form was that bad. I don't see her winning the tourney unless she can fix that up along with her cardio.

I don't really remember Fernandes but I remember really enjoying Judice vs Karekaite on the Contender Series. Awesome fight, looking forward to her UFC debut.
Honestly I do not remember either one but I have been spending far less time tracking MMA, dammit. So I used my default option and picked the opposite of what Purple Storm picks.

Continuing to be unimpressed by Josefine Knutsson. She looks good as long as you stand in front of her on the outside and let her pick her shots, but things go south quickly under sustained pressure. She didn't have the footwork to get out of the way when Polastri finally decided to just bite down and go at her with longer combos, and once she got in she was able to take Josefine down without too much trouble. And that was where things got messy, ground game needs a lot of work and she doesn't really know how to get back up. Fortunately for her, Polastri waited for half the round to go by before trying takedowns, if she went for them early she could've easily won the fight. Overall, I'm not seeing the hype for Knuttson, not much killer instinct, poor ground game, and TDD isn't anything to write home about either.

Both Carli and Gabriella showed more promise & skills than Knuttson. They both knew how to dig underhooks and break grips to defend takedowns along with having all the fundamentals down pat for TDD and grappling. Carli was also surprisingly good at circling out while using the jab while Grabriella was trying to march her down with strikes, and she also made good adjustments in going to the body to gas out and slow down her opponent. Both of them looked above average with their striking, Carli even had decent head movement when she remembered it to get herself off the fence, seems like it's something she's been training but it's not automatic yet and she still needs to think about it.

Definitely putting down Carli as a prospect to keep an eye on and Gabriella looks promising as well.

Continuing to be unimpressed by Josefine Knutsson. She looks good as long as you stand in front of her on the outside and let her pick her shots, but things go south quickly under sustained pressure. She didn't have the footwork to get out of the way when Polastri finally decided to just bite down and go at her with longer combos, and once she got in she was able to take Josefine down without too much trouble. And that was where things got messy, ground game needs a lot of work and she doesn't really know how to get back up. Fortunately for her, Polastri waited for half the round to go by before trying takedowns, if she went for them early she could've easily won the fight. Overall, I'm not seeing the hype for Knuttson, not much killer instinct, poor ground game, and TDD isn't anything to write home about either.

Both Carli and Gabriella showed more promise & skills than Knuttson. They both knew how to dig underhooks and break grips to defend takedowns along with having all the fundamentals down pat for TDD and grappling. Carli was also surprisingly good at circling out while using the jab while Grabriella was trying to march her down with strikes, and she also made good adjustments in going to the body to gas out and slow down her opponent. Both of them looked above average with their striking, Carli even had decent head movement when she remembered it to get herself off the fence, seems like it's something she's been training but it's not automatic yet and she still needs to think about it.

Definitely putting down Carli as a prospect to keep an eye on and Gabriella looks promising as well.
I haven't seen anyone really pump Knutson as a super prospect the only thing good about her is her 0.

I like this Carli girl but the UFC isn't a good place for her, the team should have got her another year of seasoning outside and she could have entered the UFC 6-0, they're going to chew her up now feeding her to another more experienced girl, she's 0-2 with UFC brands and could be kicked out with a 3-3 record. Who knows if she'll ever recover enough hype and moral to get back.

I haven't seen anyone really pump Knutson as a super prospect the only thing good about her is her 0.

I like this Carli girl but the UFC isn't a good place for her, the team should have got her another year of seasoning outside and she could have entered the UFC 6-0, they're going to chew her up now feeding her to another more experienced girl, she's 0-2 with UFC brands and could be kicked out with a 3-3 record. Who knows if she'll ever recover enough hype and moral to get back.
I think wflw is forgiving enough to allow for a prospect to grow, it wasn't that long ago that we were complaining about the dearth of flw talent!

(heck I'd even give Carli and Gabriella a good chance against current flw darling Dakota)

Last edited:
Friday June 21, 2024

[MMA] Samourai MMA 10 Laval, Quebec, Canada
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Isabelle Lacroix vs. Natalie Schlesinger

[BARE KNUCKLE BOXING] BKFC 62: Stewart vs. Duran Hollywood, Florida, USA
Main Card – iPPV (TrillerTV) – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Christine Vicens vs. Melanie Shah
Preliminary Card – YouTube – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT

Saturday June 22

[MMA] Bellator Champions Series: Dublin Dublin, Ireland
Main Card – MAX (USA) – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT