• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WMMA Discussion #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah it’s Ludacris

Ha, I walked right into a "they all look alike", didn't I? :D But really, I am so lost of this side of music, that I just had a vague idea your avatar was a musicdude so naturally assumed Drake cause his name gets mentioned related to MMA/Betting that much.

Saw the fight on Tapology, but had no idea whoe ither fighter is. Can you elaborate on the Mongolian?
She was a decent judoka, never like in Olympic gold medal contention, but pretty decent mid tier one. Is only 30 and Women's Bantamweight is a shallow division. Did some Sambo as well back in the day

Friday October 12, 2022

[MUAY THAI] Rajadamnern World Series Thailand
Aida vs. The Star
Main Card – Facebook / YouTube – 9:15am ET / 6:15am PT

[MMA] KSW 75 Nowy Sącz, Poland
Main Card – iPPV (KSWTV.com) / Fight Network – 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT
Petra Částková vs. Adrianna Kreft

[MMA] iKON FC 5 Savannah, Georgia, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Michelle Montague vs. Danielle Wynn

[MMA] LFA 144: Gafurov vs. Silva Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – YouTube / Facebook – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Cheyanne Bowers vs. Naranjargal Tsendayush
Samantha Nabity vs. Annabel Kelly

[MMA] LUX Fight League 027 Puebla, Mexico
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – Twitch / Facebook – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Brenda Arias vs. Dana Yasiri Garcia

[MMA] Combate Global 56 Miami, Florida, USA
Main Card – Paramount+ / Univision – 12:00am ET / 9:00pm PT
Kayla Hracho vs. Katie Perez
Preliminary Card – Paramount+ – 11:00pm ET / 8:00pm PT

Saturday October 15

[KICKBOXING] King of Kings: World Series in Tallinn Tallinn, Estonia
Main Card – DAZN / iPPV / Fight Box – 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT
Ilona Wojda vs. Astrid Grents
Aleksandra Dzhikaeva vs. Karolina Arm
Ernesta Kareckaite vs. Sigrid Kapanen

[MMA] OKTAGON 36 Frankfurt, Germany
Main Card – iPPV (Oktagon.tv) – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
Katharina Dalisda vs. Mallory Martin
Preliminary Card – YouTube – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT

[BOXING] Shields vs. Marshall London, England, UK
Main Card – ESPN+ – 2:30pm ET / 11:30am PT
Claressa Shields vs. Savannah Marshall
Mikaela Mayer vs. Alycia Baumgardner
Lauren Price vs. Timea Belik
Karriss Artingstall vs. Marina Sakharov
Preliminary Card – TBD
Caroline Dubois vs. Milena Koleva
Ginny Fuchs vs. Gemma Ruegg
Ebonie Jones vs. Vanesa Caballero
April Hunter vs. Erica Alvarez
Shannon Ryan vs. Buchra El Quaissi
Sarah Liegmann vs. Bec Connolly
Georgia O’Connor vs. Joyce Van Ee

[MMA] Hexagone MMA 5 Oberhausen, Germany
Main Card – DAZN / RMC Sport – 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
Laetitia Blot vs. Mariam Torchinava
Stéphanie Page vs. Chara Dimitroula

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Araujo Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Alexa Grasso vs. Viviane Araujo
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
Piera Rodriguez vs. Sam Hughes

Sunday October 16

[BARE KNUCKLE BOXING]
BYB 12: London Brawl
London, England, UK
Main Card – YouTube – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT
Miranda Barber vs. Jozette Cotton

https://grabakahitman.com/

mallory martin is fighting in oktagon? interesting move, hope it works for her :cool:

my anti-picks this week are rodriguez and araujo both by ko/tko

I don't even remember the ufc cutting Martin.

I do think Araujo needs a ko/tko probably early too or loses a ud.

And I'm going to keep picking Sampage on heart again.

Did you know? Me and Alexa are (almost) perfect together.
<GrassoBless>

DrxLTGI.jpg

I think it means something...
<{1-7}>

...I have Grasso winning by decision again this weekend.

Better yet they just get rid of the bullshit-ass 145 division.
Sounds like that might be the plan. Ladd recommends to other fighters in the UFC to move down to 135 if they can, and if they can't, look for other options.

She also mentioned in another clip that she's making more now in PFL than she did in the UFC.

Better yet they just get rid of the bullshit-ass 145 division.

If Nunes want to defend the belt, and if Durmont was to challenge her (which is the whole reason she stayed at 145), why not let them fight for it?

I'm not buying Aspen Ladd's story. On one hand you have someone like Holly Holm, who has said time and time again that she wants the 135 belt back... Yet she took a fight against Dumont at 145, because there were no options at 135. The UFC allowed Holly (who not only is a better fighter than Ladd, she's also more well known) to fight at 145 if so she wished. So why would they stop a woman that constantly looks like she's about to pass out on the scale from moving up to a healthier weight class? Why would they sign Danyelle Wolf knowing she can't make 135? Why would they offer Zarah Fairn more bouts at 145 when they could easily cut her instead? Why would Perez move up when she has made 135 too?

On the other hand, you have people like Germaine who accepted that she declined the Nunes rematch at 145. When the fighters themselves refuse to compete in a weight class that exists for them, it's when you don't have options. Josiane Nunes is moving up again, and she's not even that large. Stephanie Egger said she'll fight at 145 again if asked to. Chelsea Chandler said she wants to fight at 145 too. Options are there, options HAVE BEEN there.

If Nunes want to defend the belt, and if Durmont was to challenge her (which is the whole reason she stayed at 145), why not let them fight for it?

I'm not buying Aspen Ladd's story. On one hand you have someone like Holly Holm, who has said time and time again that she wants the 135 belt back... Yet she took a fight against Dumont at 145, because there were no options at 135. The UFC allowed Holly (who not only is a better fighter than Ladd, she's also more well known) to fight at 145 if so she wished. So why would they stop a woman that constantly looks like she's about to pass out on the scale from moving up to a healthier weight class? Why would they sign Danyelle Wolf knowing she can't make 135? Why would they offer Zarah Fairn more bouts at 145 when they could easily cut her instead? Why would Perez move up when she has made 135 too?

On the other hand, you have people like Germaine who accepted that she declined the Nunes rematch at 145. When the fighters themselves refuse to compete in a weight class that exists for them, it's when you don't have options. Josiane Nunes is moving up again, and she's not even that large. Stephanie Egger said she'll fight at 145 again if asked to. Chelsea Chandler said she wants to fight at 145 too. Options are there, options HAVE BEEN there.

I have no idea why the UFC does some of the things it does. But an argument from ignorance remains ignorant, it is not an answer.

145 has jack shit for talent. It begins and ends there. So bad that your "exclusive" 145 lbs. fighters have a better record facing each other than they do women who fight at 135. Propping up a division so bad they lose to smaller women should never be a sound marketing plan.

I do expect the UFC to put on quality fights and that is not what you get with 145.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back