WMMA and Midgets vs. Illegal Streaming—Which hurts PPVs more?

The UFC themselves have damaged MMA by expanding their number of shows without expanding the size and quality of the roster. It's one of the less talked about consequences of the WME buyout.
Spreading their sparse talent over more and more events has diminished the quality of the events and fights which would be on the undercard are now on the PPV. Sometimes even being asked to carry the PPV as a co-main. It's nothing to do with WMMA at all, or streaming really.
Another worrying thing is that, instead of investing for the long term and upping the quality of the fighting pool, they are looking for WWE style promotions to grab quick cash. GSP for the hard core, Conor for the casuals and Brock for the great unwashed.

So, to answer your question. None of the above.

How many streamers still wouldn't pay for the PPV if it was the only way to watch?

I'm guessing most.

WMMA needs to stay in it's own org

Any opinion on which of these two hurts PPV sales more?

I’m going to say WMMA and midgets. But I have no idea how many people stream events illegally, so it’s complete guess.
I'm gonna guess a midget fucked u up somehow, and u r affraid of wommen

Kid, I don't know who handles retards like you, but you need to tell them they forgot your pills.

Because if you look at the UFC, their biggest megastars were Ronda and Conor.
Both were far more popular than the bigger men you so longingly dream of.

Do STFU and go sit in the dark corner as you are so used to.

Conor isn’t a midget, you clown. LW is a great division, with normal-sized men.

And, yes, Ronda was a huge star. But she was an anomaly. Her few fights haven’t made up for the countless shitty WMMA fights fans have had to sleep through. What did the last Nunes card do in PPV numbers? Shit. The net effect WMMA has had on PPV numbers has been negative.

Go have a beer and try to calm down...maybe give your BFF a call and vent to him. If you’re still mad in 3 or 4 hours, you may want to look into getting a life coach, or joining an online anger management support group.

Ironically I don't stream the manlet and wmma ppvs

Well I stream pretty much every card headlined by a manlet or woman

the biggest PPV events have been during the streaming era

some of the biggest UFC ppvs have been headlined by WMMA (Ronda) and midgets (Conor)

therefore, AVENGERS movies killing UFC ppvs

Conor isn’t a midget, you clown. LW is a great division, with normal-sized men.

And, yes, Ronda was a huge star. But she was an anomaly. Her few fights haven’t made up for the countless shitty WMMA fights fans have had to sleep through. What did the last Nunes card do in PPV numbers? Shit. The net effect WMMA has had on PPV numbers has been negative.

Go have a beer and try to calm down...maybe give your BFF a call and vent to him. If you’re still mad in 3 or 4 hours, you may want to look into getting a life coach, or joining an online anger management support group.
Kid,
You proved to be worse than an idiot.
Conor was the FW champion. So now FW is normal sized men....

You have been proven wrong and exposed as the retard you are.
Keep trying.

Im canada its like 80dollars after tax to order ppv.. anyone who would soend that is a fucking idiot.

Dumbass threads like this, insulting fighters in lower weight classes doesn't help PPV buys either.

Sherdog forums are pretty sad these days. 100 dumb threads for every good one.

NEW RULE:

Dickweeds who use the terms manlet and midget should have to spend 25 minutes in a cage with DJ or TJ. I'd love to see all these hater Sherdicks get their ass handed to them by a guy half their size (considering they're probably overweight mouth breathers anyway).

Millennials don't get that it's a matter a value. They think that paying $22 for avocado toast or $1200 for a smartphone makes them smart and special but it just means they're gullible.

A fool and his money are quickly parted.

Just think of everything else you could get with $65 that would be way more enjoyable and meaningful than a UFC PPV where half the fights will probably suck and a big chunk of the airtime will be the bonehead commentators reading advertisements.

NEW RULE:

Dickweeds who use the terms manlet and midget should have to spend 25 minutes in a cage with DJ or TJ. I'd love to see all these hater Sherdicks get their ass handed to them by a guy half their size (considering they're probably overweight mouth breathers anyway).
You sound short for a sherdogger

Oh, also:
I'd beat them up bro. They couldn't reach me, they'd get knocked out before closing the distance
Weight classes exist for a reason bro

Millennials don't get that it's a matter a value. They think that paying $22 for avocado toast or $1200 for a smartphone makes them smart and special but it just means they're gullible.

A fool and his money are quickly parted.

Just think of everything else you could get with $65 that would be way more enjoyable and meaningful than a UFC PPV where half the fights will probably suck and a big chunk of the airtime will be the bonehead commentators reading advertisements.
You think millennials don't find it too much to pay 65 USD for a PPV with how easily accessible entertainment is these days? Often for free, even without pirating.

It interests me because while I do of course see the wasting of money a lot, paying for nothing, thinking spending makes you stand out or be special, that's something I think is human nature and has always been around? Not generation specific.

I'd think my generation, millennials, would be less susceptible to wasting large sums of money on media if anything, since as I mentioned entertainment through media is so easy to come by and has been for half our lives, both for free and subscription based but at a good value.

My spending habits is very different from many of my generation probably, at least it is compared to most I know. I'm pretty good with money and far from wasteful, so maybe my point of view is different from most of my age group.
I have a smartphone in the price range you mention though I gotta admit :D In my defense, I get a nice one because I can afford it without noticing it financially, especially since I use it for several years, not until the next model comes out. I'd argue that's much better value than paying 65 USD for a PPV by myself.

Back