WMMA and Midgets vs. Illegal Streaming—Which hurts PPVs more?

Women and midgets that stream illegally IMO.

But I have no idea how many people stream events illegally, so it’s complete guess.

More than people that buy the PPV.[/QUOTE]

I’d be shocked if that were true. I figured of all the people watching a PPV, the percent who stream it I’ll illegally would be 25%, max. And even that seems really high.

You’re a dumb SOB. Or maybe you just need a hug from your boyfriend. It’s a fact that PPV sales are down. Im complaining because I’m wondering why?
Kid, you are not smart... actually, let me rephrase it: You are so fucking dumb that you didn't notice that sales are down for all weight divisions.

But trying to appear superior by calling lighter fighters names when you know you would run away and NEVER say it to their faces just makes you that special case of dickhead who are easily offended but think it is OK for you to offend others.
We both know you don;t like women. By the way, they would kick your ass as well.

So stop wondering because you are just a clueless fuck who will never know better.

The animosity towards short men is juvenile. It existed in boxing until Floyd Mayweather Jr decided that boxing did not want to promote the smaller fighters so he started promoted himself. The UFC has missed a lot of opportunities with marketing DJ as he had the Xbox as a sponsor (number #30 on Fortune 100). He has a lot of personality and is very marketable. The UFC is a promoter that does not equally promote its fighters and will not be considered a true sport until it does.

Whether the animosity towards small fighters is juvenile or not, it definitely exists. The numbers don’t lie.

Easily, streaming.

This sport was built through the internet. It attracts that teenage to young adult demo and they are much more educated on how to access media for free than your typical 35+ year old. One study was released recently saying the UFC's avg age demo has increased, I find that somewhat hard to believe. I rarely find someone in the there mid to late 40's and 50+ that are huge fans of MMA and many that barely knows it exists. But almost anyone I talk to under 30 is at the very least aware of it and many are fans of MMA/UFC. It isn't that the UFC isn't attracting new fans its that the PPV model has chased fans to find ways to watch for free.

Also to prove that point, the UFC wasn't spending millions to fight piracy/lawsuits because they were losing out a few 100K of revenue per a PPV event. My guess is that had to have numbers to back up that they were losing more like a few million in revenue from illegal streamers per an event if not more to waste millions fighting it and real pain in the ass to fight it on top of it.

Kid, you are not smart... actually, let me rephrase it: You are so fucking dumb that you didn't notice that sales are down for all weight divisions.

But trying to appear superior by calling lighter fighters names when you know you would run away and NEVER say it to their faces just makes you that special case of dickhead who are easily offended but think it is OK for you to offend others.
We both know you don;t like women. By the way, they would kick your ass as well.

So stop wondering because you are just a clueless fuck who will never know better.

Sales are down for all weight divisions because all weight divisions are brought down by midget and WMMA fights included on almost every card. You see how that works, dick breath?

As far as lighter fighters kicking my ass...so what? That doesn’t mean shit. I’m not a professional fighter. That doesn’t mean that as a fan, I can’t criticize fights that are garbage and most people do not want to see.

Look, I get it, you’re probably small, and deeply offended by the word “midget”. If I hurt your feelings, I’m sorry. But those fights suck balls. And WMMA is almost as bad.

its not women. van zant vs waterson, holm vs shev, got much higher ratings than most mens cards... and ronda is the third highest PPV seller without having stacked cards like conor. I know that hurts the feelings of some of the online "alphas" who hate what they cant get...

whats hurting is to many events/cable cutting/ bigger name fighters being paid too well so it doesnt hurt them if they pull out of a card/ all these interim titles/ lack of entertaining fighters. The UFC needs people who can sell fights. Thats why they brought Brock and GSP back.. after Ronda retired all they had was conor. MMA goes in waves though, right now they are just in a down swing

I fast forward 90% of WMMA and Manlet fights. I doubt the causal audience has any interest whatsoever.

Anyone who isn't fighting at 205 and above are midgets! but streaming is your answer.

Sales are down for all weight divisions because all weight divisions are brought down by midget and WMMA fights included on almost every card. You see how that works, dick breath?

As far as lighter fighters kicking my ass...so what? That doesn’t mean shit. I’m not a professional fighter. That doesn’t mean that as a fan, I can’t criticize fights that are garbage and most people do not want to see.

Look, I get it, you’re probably small, and deeply offended by the word “midget”. If I hurt your feelings, I’m sorry. But those fights suck balls. And WMMA is almost as bad.
LOL
fuckface, you yourself just said that not every cards have lower weights or women. Yet sales are down there as well.
That alone proved you are an idiot.

Add the fact you feel the need to offend people who would kick your ass, it shows you are just a keyboard warrior who confuses being a fatboy with being big.

Keep trying. little man. Your envy shows.

I fast forward 90% of WMMA and Manlet fights. I doubt the causal audience has any interest whatsoever.

I mean they seemed to have interest whenever Ronda or Conor were fighting. The UFC PPV's are dead without that manlet fighting

LOL
fuckface, you yourself just said that not every cards have lower weights or women. Yet sales are down there as well.
That alone proved you are an idiot.

Add the fact you feel the need to offend people who would kick your ass, it shows you are just a keyboard warrior who confuses being a fatboy with being big.

Keep trying. little man. Your envy shows.

Most cards do have midget and WMMA fights though....and they have damaged the brand, and caused the general decline in popularity.

So, you’re actually arguing that WMMA and snack-sized men fighting has had no negative impact on PPV sales? If that’s your position on the issue, you have serious issues with denial. Look at cards headlined by DJ, that have no stars on them, they do shit PPV sales. Look at cards headlined by Nunes (without Rousey), they do shit PPV sales as well.

I don’t know if you’re mad because people don’t like those fights, or because I stated the fact that people don’t like them. Your anger is misplaced. You should blame the entire MMA community for not paying to see WMMA and midget fights. Don’t shoot the messenger, bro.

Most cards do have midget and WMMA fights though....and they have damaged the brand, and caused the general decline in popularity.

So, you’re actually arguing that WMMA and snack-sized men fighting has had no negative impact on PPV sales? If that’s your position on the issue, you have serious issues with denial. Look at cards headlined by DJ, that have no stars on them, they do shit PPV sales. Look at cards headlined by Nunes (without Rousey), they do shit PPV sales as well.

I don’t know if you’re mad because people don’t like those fights, or because I stated the fact that people don’t like them. Your anger is misplaced. You should blame the entire MMA community for not paying to see WMMA and midget fights. Don’t shoot the messenger, bro.

Other than Brock, A woman and a manlet were the two biggest PPV draws in recent memory. Both even became mainstream stars.

Like I agree that typically manlets and wmma don't attract viewers, but you could say that for 99% of fighters these days. PPV buys and ratings are down across the board. Just look at the recent PPV's or FOX card. Shit ratings with everyone

It's a huge assumption that people who pirate would actually buy if the option wasn't available.

Most of these events aren't even worth streaming though.

Any opinion on which of these two hurts PPV sales more?

I’m going to say WMMA and midgets. But I have no idea how many people stream events illegally, so it’s complete guess.

I feel that 1 midget fight on each main card would actually boost the PPV sales.

I agree that WMMA / M(anlet)MMA is part of the cause of PPV sales decline

Kid, I don't know who handles retards like you, but you need to tell them they forgot your pills.

Because if you look at the UFC, their biggest megastars were Ronda and Conor.
Both were far more popular than the bigger men you so longingly dream of.

Do STFU and go sit in the dark corner as you are so used to.

The PPV model is antiquated and is no longer viable. All of the major professional sports you can watch for free. Even professional wrestling has weekly broadcast that people can still follow without buying PPVs. If you are going to try and make a PPV model work today, you better give people great cards and fights they want.

Other than Brock, A woman and a manlet were the two biggest PPV draws in recent memory. Both even became mainstream stars.

Like I agree that typically manlets and wmma don't attract viewers, but you could say that for 99% of fighters these days. PPV buys and ratings are down across the board. Just look at the recent PPV's or FOX card. Shit ratings with everyone

You are 100% correct about Ronda, but she was an anomaly. The vast majority of WMMA fights repel, instead of attract more viewers, for the simple fact that they’re so boring.

Don’t you remember the good old days, when most of the fights were matches people wanted to see? And nobody had to change the channel, or leave the room during a boring-ass flyweight or WMMA fight?

Are millions of people streaming Nunes vs Pennington? *

Are millions of people streaming Mighty Mouse? *

Are millions of people streaming the free Fox cards? **

Did hundreds of millions of people stream a fight that sold 4.3 million PPVs in the US?

*that would otherwise pay $65

**cuz those ratings stink too

lol at blaming stremaing

Back