Wlad/Povetkin Press Conference

Lazy Man

Heavyweight Champion of the World
Reaction score
klitschko-povetkin-3.jpg

I read earlier that because Provetkin didn't show that that they are threatening to replace him with Samuel Peters.

Yup, that's what I heard too

Are you guys serious? Peter?

Well maybe Povetkin should have shown up to the press conference so we wouldn't have to deal with this mess.

Funny picture.

said he was "ill" but he was looking ok during FNF's unless he caught something since then. I don't think he would lie

I've actually flown with sinusitis and it's very unpleasant. Not sure he's not making it up, though.

I read earlier that because Provetkin didn't show that that they are threatening to replace him with Samuel Peters.

That would be a horrible replacement
I've been wanting to see Wlad vs. Povetkin for years now, let's hope it gets dones this time

I hope Povetkin's out, then my main man David Haye can finally get his shot at Wladimir within 4 months instead of within the next 12 months as anticipated.

He ain't gonna fight Sam Peter, that's just blowin' smoke...
Wladimir needs a real opponent; this puts Haye in a very lucrative advantageous position as Wladimir REAAALLLYY needs him now, and the even-bigger money-offer will not be left on the table.

That would be a horrible replacement
I've been wanting to see Wlad vs. Povetkin for years now, let's hope it gets dones this time

Yeah I don't anybody wants that to happen,expect Enswell.

Here is the article about today's presser.

By Ruslan Chikov

Looks like a long-suffering disaster, which the Klitschko vs. Povetkin showdown turned out to be, is nearing its unpleasant end. According to RTL, IBF #1 mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (19-0, 14 KOs) has missed a designated official presser tonight at Commerzbank-Arena in Frankfurt-am-Mein, and the unified IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight world champion Wladimir Klitschko (54-3, 48 KOs) is starting looking for a fresh replacement.

I hope Povetkin's out, then my main man David Haye can finally get his shot at Wladimir within 4 months instead of within the next 12 months as anticipated.

Wladimir needs a real opponent; this puts Haye in a very lucrative advantageous position as Wladimir REAAALLLYY needs him now, and the even-bigger money-offer will not be left on the table.

You talk as if it was Haye wasn't offered a fight with Wlad and chickened out already

even bigger money offer? Like Klitschko is going to give day the lion's share of a 60/40? really?

Peter's last fight he weighed 237 lbs, and he's won his last 4 fights by KO (albeit lesser competition). It;s not as good a fight as Povetkin or Haye, but I wouldn't mind seeing that rematch.

Peter's last fight he weighed 237 lbs, and he's won his last 4 fights by KO (albeit lesser competition). It;s not as good a fight as Povetkin or Haye, but I wouldn't mind seeing that rematch.

mmmmmeeehhhh

I wouldn't mind seeing Peter fight someone in the top 10 but we don't need to see him fight the brothers again.

Not unless he beats a few of the top guys anyway

The only 'real' angle for Wlad-Peter II is 'can Wlad drop/stop Peter in revenge for being dropped in the first fight?' Otherwise, it's a pretty pointless matchup and given the quality of Peter's 4 opponents since losing to Chambers have been pretty woeful - he really should have to face (at least) another Top 10-15 guy first to prove his mettle and worthiness of a rematch.

Last edited:
mmmmmeeehhhh

I wouldn't mind seeing Peter fight someone in the top 10 but we don't need to see him fight the brothers again.

Not unless he beats a few of the top guys anyway

Well he did drop Wlad 3 times

even bigger money offer? Like Klitschko is going to give day the lion's share of a 60/40? really?

Hah hah hah, no, not really... :)

Sheesh, just funnin' a bit is all.

Yep, just harmless fun.

The Klitschkos days are numbered though.
They've been on top a long time, Wladimir's sun is setting soon.

To be honest the best thing for HW boxing will be if Berndt Boente gets out of the business because he is a hinderance to big HW fights involving the Klitchsko's

Back