• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Witnessing a rape or gangrape

I grew up with 4 sisters as the only brother. 2 older, 2 younger and it caused some friction with local guys. Fortunately, I learned to fight at a very young age and well. Thanks Dad.

If I saw a rape happening, I would grab the closest thing to me that could be used as a weapon and I would do my best to hospitalize the piece of shit rapist. There are some things in life that no real man will tolerate. Rapist would be lucky that I can't carry here in California, or I would end him.

No, you would not.

You have to analyze the situation and make the best decision possible, understanding your own capabilities and limitations.

If it's an armed gang of thugs and you're alone, you rushing in like a super-hero is more likely to cause the victim and yourself to be killed, instead of accomplishing anything. Scenarios like that are why police exist, because one individual is unlikely to stop a group of criminals. I suppose your best bet, aside from the police, is to gather up a mob and make the gang of rapists flee from the scene.

If the rapist is alone, then you should feel much more prompted to intervene personally.

Do you think rapes happen outside?

Honestly nobody in here would do shit

Nobody is risking their life for a random

Stop with all the antics

Also lol@shooting into a random crowed when you don't know wtf is going on

Plenty of people do just that, risk their lives to help someone.

You don't just run in you look at what is going on first. In this case it is know that a rape is going on. This is nor some domestic fight.

If your ideal of using a firearm in this situation is to " just shoot into the crowd " then I hope you don't own one and certainly not carry one.

Contrary to their popular image as secluded private acts, most violent crimes are com-
mitted in the presence of a social audience. For example, data from the National Crime
Victimization Survey (NCVS) in the 1990s suggest that bystanders are present in about
two-thirds of violent victimizations. Bystanders are present in about 70% of assaults, 52%
of robberies, and 29% of the rapes or sexual assaults in these national data (Planty, 2002).
According to NCVS data, an estimated 6.4 million violent crimes are witnessed by third
parties each year. 1
When witnessing a criminal act or any other potentially dangerous situation, bystanders
have several choices. They can ignore the situation and do nothing, offer indirect inter-
vention by summoning the police or other people for help, or directly intervene to assist
the victim in thwarting the attack. Previous research on helping behavior suggests that
bystander inactivity is the predominant response in a variety of potentially dangerous situ-
ations. Field experiments and observational studies reveal that helping behavior is often
the exceptional case when people are seriously injured in accidents, have excessive bleed-
ing, or are involved in an intense verbal altercation with another party (see, for review;
Fisher, Greitemeyer, Pollozek, & Frey, 2006; Howard & Crano, 1974; Latane & Darley,
1970; Smithson, Amato, & Pearce, 1983). Even when helping involves little direct costs
to the bystander, most people do not typically offer assistance to another. The passage of
“Good Samaritan” laws and the public designation of people who help others in selfless
acts of bravery as heroes is also indirect evidence of the relative infrequency of helping
behavior in contemporary American society.
NCVS data do not provide a direct measure of bystander inaction. Instead, victims are
asked survey questions about whether third-party involvement “helped or worsened” the
situation. Among offenses in which the actions of the third party were known, nearly half
the victims reported that the bystander neither helped nor worsened the situation (Planty,
2002). Consistent with general studies of helping behavior, these results also suggest that
inactivity is the typical reaction of bystanders who witness violent crimes.
When bystanders intervene in criminal offenses, their behavior is judged far more
likely to help than hurt (see Planty, 2002). This ratio of helping/hurting is highest among
aggravated assaults (3.5:1) and lowest in cases of rape and sexual assault (2.2:1). The
predominant way in which bystanders help is through the “prevention of injury or further
injury” to the victim. Bystanders are judged as worsening the situation primarily by “mak-
ing the offender angrier.” Third parties may worsen the situation by overreacting or saying
something foolish that escalates the violence. Alternatively, offenders may inflict greater
injury to victims in front of third parties as an immediate public forum for maintaining or
reaffirming one’s masculine identity as a “tough guy” (see Goffman, 1959; Lofland, 1969;
Miethe & Deibert, 2007). It is within these public situations that the presence of bystanders
may hurt more than helphttp://

I saw the posts in all the rape threads and had a good laugh because people everyone seems to think they are Jason Bourne or John wick or someshit

In the real world nobody does shit and even when you help in a rape half the time the victim doesn't even think you helped

Helping even might likely make the situation even worse

For some unknown reason most of the world never helps yet on here we have every single outlier that would grab a bat and start swinging

Or just start shooting for some reason...

Don't forget the guy would bash the alpha to scare the group lmfao

You losers watch too many movies

Plenty of people do just that, risk their lives to help someone.

You don't just run in you look at what is going on first. In this case it is know that a rape is going on. This is nor some domestic fight.

If your ideal of using a firearm in this situation is to " just shoot into the crowd " then I hope you don't own one and certainly not carry one.
I was talking to real men. You wouldn't understand.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...body-intervenes-so-stop-acting-tough.4225367/

I posted the hard facts here

You wouldn't do anything besides post here that you would

You are just being emotional

8_Out_of_10_Rapes_3.jpg

No offence but it seems your a bit annoyed people said they would intervene if they witnessed a rape. Bit of a strange thing to get worked up over no?

regardless it is horrible the amount of people who do sit Idly by while something horrid happens, at times when there’s possible no danger or threat in intervening

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...body-intervenes-so-stop-acting-tough.4225367/

I posted the hard facts here

You wouldn't do anything besides post here that you would

You are just being emotional

That's you, some us would and have.

That's not to say I'm going to play "captain save a hore". I'm not just jumping into any situation especially a domestic. I've see a guy get stabbed by the women he was trying to "save". I have stepped in before but I'm selective about into what and I'm not playing peacemaker to talk people down.

About 15 years ago I heard a woman screaming in an alley near the house I was living in. Ran out to find, not a rape but, a guy pulling and grabbing on a woman who was trying to get away. Not sure how far I would have gone as merely running to the scene and shouting at the guy was enough to back him off and let the woman escape. I imagine that’s a typical outcome in these situations
I remember seeing an interview with a convicted mugger and he was asked if he targeted women. Surprisingly he said the main factor as to whether or not he'd go after someone is whether they are alone and that if he saw two women together he'd ignore them and keep looking. Even if that second person can't fight off the criminal, just being there as a witness and being able to call for help makes all the difference.

Predators are like that. Even a tiger hesitates to attack a target from the front or if they're in groups.

I saw the posts in all the rape threads and had a good laugh because people everyone seems to think they are Jason Bourne or John wick or someshit

In the real world nobody does shit and even when you help in a rape half the time the victim doesn't even think you helped

Helping even might likely make the situation even worse

For some unknown reason most of the world never helps yet on here we have every single outlier that would grab a bat and start swinging

Or just start shooting for some reason...

Don't forget the guy would bash the alpha to scare the group lmfao

You losers watch too many movies

This is Sherdog you fool, everyone trains Jiu and UFC since the 90s

No way I'm intervening in a domestic dispute. Maybe if I were carrying and the laws protected me if needing to shoot. I'd make a call to the piggies though if it looked violent.

No offence but it seems your a bit annoyed people said they would intervene if they witnessed a rape. Bit of a strange thing to get worked up over no?

regardless it is horrible the amount of people who do sit Idly by while something horrid happens, at times when there’s possible no danger or threat in intervening

Because it is a lie

I despise people who act tough on the internet

Most people have never even been in any real life altercations before

I know people who train at a high level and still fold at their first real life fight because they don't know how to react

Then we have the stats that show that rape happens between people that know each other and is rarely ever stopped in public and half the time the victim doesn't even think it helps

But but we got so many heroes that walk into a group of men and punch the alpha to scare the others out of a rape

Back