• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

With win at UFC 244, Gregor Gillespie will call for Khabib Nurmagomedov fight

Where do you come up with Gregor ducked Islam?
The entire LW division is ducking Islam, Gregor included. Gregor decided to fight a guy coming off two losses in a row instead of a guy with a 6 fight winning streak, lmao.

3 years and 4 years isn't pretty similar to you?
More like 3 years and close to 20 years. Unlike Gregor, Islam is not a "wrestler", he is a complete submission grappler and his background is sambo, not wrestling. Islam has been grappling his entire life, not just wrestling. The submission grappling skill disparity between these two is significant, you're just too ignorant to see it.

I don't care about Ramos. This is MMA and not BJJ
Another mongoloid who dismisses fighter credentials whenever it suits his narrative?

Striking defense, is that because of his head movement or because he fights are grappling?
Islam spends more time standing with his opponents than Khabib does, more time than Gregor too. His striking defense is superior to both, at least on the level of competition he's currently facing (which is better than the level of competition Gregor has faced).

You can have that opinion, it doesn't matter to me.

Unlike you, I don't deal in opinions. Everything I say is backed up by actual facts. Your claim that Gregor has "better hands" is baseless verbal diarrhea. He has good power, doesn't mean he actually has good technical striking. My claim that Islam is the far superior submission grappler is backed up by the quality of Islam's wins where he actually went to the ground and his background. Your opinion is worthless to me.

Thats funny, mate.
5 finishes in 6 UFC fights.
He has better hands than Mak.

He had his back taken 3 years ago. Mak was TKO on the feet by a BJJ coach 4 years ago.
You can't say one fighter has changed but the other hasn't when both are on big winning streaks. Right?

EDIT

Also submission grappler?
2 SUBs in the UFC, same as Gregor
Gregors SUBs are vs better fighters.

Makhachev ragdolls his ass 100%

Submission grappling is not only subs you casual idiot. Most high level SW matches are won on point, EVEN most EBI rules matches go the distance into over time.

Unless youre Gordon Ryan, most high level SW grapplers are grinders and control/points based.

Last edited:
what is this bullshit?
first conor wants to fight cowboy (who lost his last 2 fights) to get a title shot
now gregor wants a title shot after beating lee (who lost his last 2 fights too)

you need to beat at least 3-4 top 10 opponents to deserve a title shot

Yeah, you're right of course, but...

... he should call out Dennis Siver. Because we already know that beating Siver earns you the title shot. :)

Time for Gaethje to get triggered, no?

“I think sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. The strikers haven’t been able to get it done with Khabib, so … I’d call for that. For sure. That’s a fight that’s super exciting for me. I always like to challenge myself. Again, I’ve got to get past Kevin on Saturday night. That’s the big test. But yeah, let’s say all goes well on Saturday night – that’s a fight that I’ll call for.”

To read full article click link below:
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...vs-khabib-nurmagomedov-with-ufc-244-win-video

On why he doesn't fight as much as other fighter;
“… I think you’ve (only) got so much gas in the tank. I don’t get in a ton of wars. But if you fight three or four times a year, you’re going to have a shorter career.”

- Same article

20111130113840_w.JPG

67833564_153671812499447_5251036925484578887_n.jpg

I hope this fight, no matter the outcome, will be won on skill and not size.

kevin-lee-gregor-gillespie-ufc-244-media-day.jpg
Khabibs ground game is so much more than just wrestling, Askren is just wrestling I think Gillespie would be in for a rude awakening

If he steamrolls Lee he should absolutely be the next fight for Khabib after Tony. I'd give him one more fight though.

Hm, let's see. If Gillespie beats Lee, he'll likely be #10.

There's no way he's getting Khabib off a Lee win, plus Khabib is fighting Tony. Sounds like Cowboy and Conor are likely going to fight, so they are out too. I doubt DP takes the fight, he should fight Felder or Hooker. Gaethje should sit and wait for the outcome of Tony/Khabib.

Yea, I think Ragin' Al makes the most sense out of guys ranked above him. He's coming off two losses in a row, so he doesn't have leverage.

Delusional, Lee would be his first top 30 win.

He should be looking to call out a Hooker/Al/Barboza/Cowboy type of fighter if he wins.

Khabib is like you said, at least 2 fights away, if not 3-4.

UFC LW division is so stacked that guys can go on 12 fight win streaks and not get title shots.

None of the guys you mentioned are more interesting as title challengers. Barboza would be a step back from Lee. Khabib has yet to face any high level wrestlers and if he gets past Lee, Gillespie is that guy.

No way, its far too soon, I'm not hating at all, he is skilled and talented but he needs to face way better guys and beat them of course. He needs at least 5 top wins for a title shot, has none so far. The division is loaded so he has to do a lot

He needs at least 1 more big win maybe call out Gaethe or Dustin ...... win that an then cal out Beebs

I hope he doesn't it would just make him look ridiculous you get the win you make a big jump make a sensible callout.

No way, its far too soon, I'm not hating at all, he is skilled and talented but he needs to face way better guys and beat them of course. He needs at least 5 top wins for a title shot, has none so far. The division is loaded so he has to do a lot

<LikeReally5>

Khabib doesn't even have 5 top wins.

None of the guys you mentioned are more interesting as title challengers. Barboza would be a step back from Lee. Khabib has yet to face any high level wrestlers and if he gets past Lee, Gillespie is that guy.

gregor has 0 top 10 wins, 1 doesn’t make him close to a title shot bud.

UFC will never make that fight. Too risky and how the hell do they promote Gillespie when casuals have no idea who he is?

gregor has 0 top 10 wins, 1 doesn’t make him close to a title shot bud.

Because Hooker or a Barboza or Iaquinta rematch are far more fascinating fights for Khabib, right?

Realistically there are only 3 fighters with more momentum than Gillespie ahead of him. Gaethje, Felder and Hooker. A lot of these guys in the top 10 are coming off two losses in a row.

Out of those 3, Gaethje is the only interesting title challenger. Hooker and Felder will probably lose their next fights. If Gillespie keeps winning he'll be right up there.

Last edited:
If he beats Kevin Lee, he should call out Islam. Beating Islam is the perfect way to bait Khabib into a fight. Calling Khabib out right now will basically get a ‘who da fook’ reaction out of Khabib.

Lee does not earn you a title shot... but who am I to say? You have two gatekeepers fighting for a "baddest mofo" title on the same card.
How are masvidal and diaz gatekeepers? Theyve just beaten ranked welterweights with ease

Back