With Lawlers style, how many wars does he have left in the tank

He will retire by 2018. I favour Rory in the trilogy fight.

Yeah, we know.

Kevin-Spacey.gif

In most of his fights he tends to avoid damage pretty will. Really, since his return to the UFC, only Rory busted him up badly. He is a pro at rolling with shots.

Considering he hasn't been sparring in training camps until more recently, he probably has a decent amount left.

I agree. Robbie is tough but not unnecessarily reckless.

Think his career been going pretty long as is. His not sparring approach has done him well. I think he's sparring now. Anyways, 3 more defenses and retire.... That's what I'm hoping.

People were writing Robbie off 10 years ago, and he became The Champion. Hard to count Robbie out. I'm so glad Robbie got the Championship, talk about a long road and sticking to it; we should all want to be like Robbie.

Better to have wars and actually fight with love for the sport, than play by points and be content with decisions. GSP /Aldo. I appreciate Lawlers hunger to be the alpha at 170

Nah, it'll be over in the Condit fight. If you want to last long in MMA you gotta play it safe like GSP did, unless if you're an A-level athlete or if your division is filled with cans.

Greg Jackson knows how to neutralize him. Prepare for him to get outpointed by Condit in a boring fight.

Jesus mate, get over it, it was 2012 that Condit had his only non-incrdible fight.

Diaz and Lawler have had loads.

Last edited:
Why?
-Two close, great fights they've had
-Lawler is the champ
-Rory has won 4 Rounds to 3 for Lawler
-Rory has outstruck him combined
-Rory almost finished Lawler in the 3rd round, who was saved by the bell

Rory's abilities will only get better after this fight. It will be a great learning experience being only 25 and took the champ tp the limit.

Lawler won round 1&3 first time,then won round 2&5 of the second. Round 1 of the second fight is a 10-10. Lawler almost finished Rory in the 3rd round the first time,and then he actually finished him the second time. More than Lawler getting saved by the bell,I think Rory saved himself by finally landing a good shot with that head kick.

For most of his career, he didn't take that much damage.
He wrecked a lot of sub-par guys very quickly, got wrestle-humped a few times, and had that flash KO loss to Diaz years ago.

you nailed it!
Nah, it'll be over in the Condit fight. If you want to last long in MMA you gotta play it safe like GSP did, unless if you're an A-level athlete or if your division is filled with cans.

Greg Jackson knows how to neutralize him. Prepare for him to get outpointed by Condit in a boring fight.

Condit will hurt him badly. TKO and after that the wars will start to show

condit will end it. imo he's a much more fluid striker, he just doesn't have the tdd that lawler possesses. you can't keep trading like that and not get caught.

He doesnt spar in training...he can have as many wars as he wants...

One thing i will say is..there is no way Condit is going to war.....im sure he is training with kalib right now

Lawler won round 1&3 first time,then won round 2&5 of the second. Round 1 of the second fight is a 10-10. Lawler almost finished Rory in the 3rd round the first time,and then he actually finished him the second time. More than Lawler getting saved by the bell,I think Rory saved himself by finally landing a good shot with that head kick.

not only that but the kick landed on the back of the head (non intentional, just saying)

He doesnt spar in training...he can have as many wars as he wants...

He didn't used to. He has been back to sparring hard for awhile now (him sparring again has arguably coincided with his significant success).

People were writing Robbie off 10 years ago, and he became The Champion. Hard to count Robbie out. I'm so glad Robbie got the Championship, talk about a long road and sticking to it; we should all want to be like Robbie.

Except we all know he didn't really beat Hendricks, now don't we?

Back