With Lawlers style, how many wars does he have left in the tank

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Robbie has been in some crazy wars, with some of the best coming in his last few fights. But I think you gotta be blind to not see that his style isn't the best when it comes to longevity in MMA. So how many more title defenses/wars can Robbie put out before he starts to decline and his chin fades?

There truly is a price to pay in MMA for fighters and fans, a GSP style will keep someone in the game for a long time, but a fan friendly/exciting Robbie Lawler/Wand/Shogun style really does have the clock against you.

I give lawler about 2-3 fights before he starts looking a little less aggressive and more slower, anymore than that I think will cause brain damage. Than again I could be wrong and he might not have as violent fights as he's been through in which hell have a good 5-7 before he should call it quits

Fuck who knows I figured he'd have burnt out years ago.

Nah, it'll be over in the Condit fight. If you want to last long in MMA you gotta play it safe like GSP did, unless if you're an A-level athlete or if your division is filled with cans.

Greg Jackson knows how to neutralize him. Prepare for him to get outpointed by Condit in a boring fight.

In most of his fights he tends to avoid damage pretty will. Really, since his return to the UFC, only Rory busted him up badly. He is a pro at rolling with shots.

Considering he hasn't been sparring in training camps until more recently, he probably has a decent amount left.

some ppl have different tolerance to brain damage...

Look at hunt for goodness sake....you'd think he'd be like roger mayweather already

I think Ruthless has a few wars left. I think he will beat Condit, wouldn't surprise me if he got the finish to.

Robbie has become one of the more defensively competent strikers you'll find in MMA. I still find that a lot of people miscalculate his style. He is a fairly patient and methodical counter striker (he was excessively patient and methodical for a number of years before his resurgence which led to some rather baffling losses), who happens to be one hell of a puncher. He's not an ultra aggressive, seek and destroy fighter. Honestly, I think he still could be an elite fighter for years to come (though, I think he loses a 3rd fight with Hendricks and he might struggle with Condit's volume and stamina a bit).

Rory is terrified of the name Lawler ,let alone to fight him again.

Why?
-Two close, great fights they've had
-Lawler is the champ
-Rory has won 4 Rounds to 3 for Lawler
-Rory has outstruck him combined
-Rory almost finished Lawler in the 3rd round, who was saved by the bell

Rory's abilities will only get better after this fight. It will be a great learning experience being only 25 and took the champ tp the limit.

Why?
-Two close, great fights they've had
-Lawler is the champ
-Rory has won 4 Rounds to 3 for Lawler
-Rory has outstruck him combined
-Rory almost finished Lawler in the 3rd round, who was saved by the bell

Rory's abilities will only get better after this fight. It will be a great learning experience being only 25 and took the champ tp the limit.

Rory is a great fighter and might be champion some day

but lawler always beats him

This is just pure non sense.

Fight 1

Rory wins the first half of the fight
lawler comes back to win

Fight 2

Rory wins most of the fight
lawler comes back to finish him

that's the universe telling us that its just not meant to be

This is the same guy that was unmotivated and falling asleep at pressers years ago.

Now he's in the audience of every show and gets fired up to fight. I guess everything is finally clicking for him but it's extremely rare to see someone in his position. He's the one guy that got burned out, came back and is now better than ever.

Fight 1

Rory wins the first half of the fight
lawler comes back to win

Fight 2

Rory wins most of the fight
lawler comes back to finish him

that's the universe telling us that its just not meant to be

No, he didn't.

Back