With Lawlers style, how many wars does he have left in the tank

Why?
-Two close, great fights they've had
-Lawler is the champ
-Rory has won 4 Rounds to 3 for Lawler
-Rory has outstruck him combined
-Rory almost finished Lawler in the 3rd round, who was saved by the bell

Rory's abilities will only get better after this fight. It will be a great learning experience being only 25 and took the champ tp the limit.

Or he can think, holy hell this guy fucked my face up. And maybe be more hesitant in exchanges. Being beaten so bad that you quit does something to your confidence.

Why?
-Two close, great fights they've had
-Lawler is the champ
-Rory has won 4 Rounds to 3 for Lawler
-Rory has outstruck him combined
-Rory almost finished Lawler in the 3rd round, who was saved by the bell

Rory's abilities will only get better after this fight. It will be a great learning experience being only 25 and took the champ tp the limit.

BTW, your username shows your nuthuggery and delusion. The first fight Robbie "ALMOST" finished Rory. The second fight Robbie did finish him. Keep on hugging man. Im a Reem fan. I know how it feels.

He has decent defense. If he focused more on offensive grappling, his career will last longer, but he rolls with punches well. Doesn't eat as many as people think

tbh it doesn't matter how many times Rory and Robbie fight, Rory is always going to be the favorite due to the fact that he's only 25 and has shown leaps of improvement over the years as opposed to Lawler who will be hitting the end of the road soon.

I think Ruthless has a few wars left. I think he will beat Condit, wouldn't surprise me if he got the finish to.

Condit better bring his A-game because I expect Robbie to come out swinging to make quick work of him.... Patient Robbie was for Rory, not Carlos, and I think a patient strategy for Condit would be a mistake as Carlos is usually strong in the later rounds.

Robbie has been in some crazy wars, with some of the best coming in his last few fights. But I think you gotta be blind to not see that his style isn't the best when it comes to longevity in MMA. So how many more title defenses/wars can Robbie put out before he starts to decline and his chin fades?

There truly is a price to pay in MMA for fighters and fans, a GSP style will keep someone in the game for a long time, but a fan friendly/exciting Robbie Lawler/Wand/Shogun style really does have the clock against you.

I give lawler about 2-3 fights before he starts looking a little less aggressive and more slower, anymore than that I think will cause brain damage. Than again I could be wrong and he might not have as violent fights as he's been through in which hell have a good 5-7 before he should call it quits

Well he doesn't spar and most his fights aren't huge wars. He's had wars lately but he's also had plenty of fights in his career where he completely dominated or got beat on the ground without taking much damage. I think he has 5 or so great fights left in him and after that who knows.

Robbie can fight as much as he wants. How long can he stay on top? Probably as long as he wants to. Of course things can change if GSP comes back, Hendricks (or someone like hendricks) steps up and reaches a different level or until a younger and hungrier guy comes along and catches him on the right day.

But if your not talking about holding onto the belt I'd say a guy like lawler could fight 20 more times if he wants too. The question is how much longer does he need to and want to fight?

Jeremy Horn?

Lol doesn't mean much when you favored Rory in the rematch. I bet you even favored him in the first fight.

When they do fight a third time, it won't be for the title.

This fight will be irrelevant. By 2018, Conor will have cleaned out the welterweight, lightweight, and Mcgregor divisions.

I'd love to see him against Condit, Lombard, Woodley, GSP, Hendricks eventually, and of course a third Rory fight.

I don't really care whether they're title fights or not.

In most of his fights he tends to avoid damage pretty will. Really, since his return to the UFC, only Rory busted him up badly. He is a pro at rolling with shots.

Considering he hasn't been sparring in training camps until more recently, he probably has a decent amount left.

This is such an important factor regarding this question. The fight itself takes a harder toll than sparring, but fighters spar a lot more than they fight and it's often here the damage starts wearing on them. An example could be Anderson Silva - I think sparring took its toll on him more than his fights.

This is such an important factor regarding this question. The fight itself takes a harder toll than sparring, but fighters spar a lot more than they fight and it's often here the damage starts wearing on them. An example could be Anderson Silva - I think sparring took its toll on him more than his fights.

Every good trainer will tell you that it's the sparring/ hard training that does a fighter in.

Sure, there are rough fights in everyone's career that can change the course of it. But most of the time, it's the continual nature of getting beat up in training camps that wears out a fighter.

Rogan has talked about Lawler in his podcast saying that he doesn't really spar anymore. That means he only takes damage in the actual fights. If he takes the right amount of time between fights he could prolly fight until he is 40 if he chooses to.

Hopefully many more, but realistically, probably not many. He has gotten hit a lot in his past few fights. Condit fight will likely be yet another war where he will take some damage. I would like him to win quick or not take so much, but he's been fighting the elite of the division and rightfully so since he's the champ. Hopefully things don't go bad for him soon, or he retires before he turns into Chuck at the end of his career.

Back