With big fight planned for July, Reebok and UFC standing behind Jones. WTF??

RUSSDAWGUSMC

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Wow, what a corrupt ass world we live in. Think about it, you have Matt Riddle who didn't pass a piss test because he had Marijuana in his system and gets cut; even though he can legally smoke it for medical reasons. Then you have Jon Jones who gets a DUI and does coke and try's to act like hes role model. He should be suspended and made an example.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/6...for-july-reebok-and-ufc-standing-behind-jones

Jones hasn't failed his post fight drug test.

Riddle has. Multiple times.

Do you not get the difference between "post-fight" and "out of contest" testing?

I dislike both fighters but I'd rather see Jones in the UFC than Riddle..

who cares bout either guy. i wanna know what chuck was on during that one television interview. it had to be xans or valium. i hate those things. feel like jello, dont remember a single thing u did that night.

Remember when Rampage crashed his car into that pregnant ladys car and she had a miscarriage afterwards

Riddle screwed up twice. Had 2 wins turned to no contests. He screwed up his own career and the UFC then let him go.

The UFC doesn't hate weed, it's the athletic commissions.

It think by not disciplining Jones, they are setting a dangerous precedent as to what's acceptable behaviour. The backlash over this has already been huge, and it comes at a time when every decision and move is under extreme scrutiny. This one is pretty simple. You treat it no less than a marijuana offensive and deal out the appropriate punishment that goes along with it. To me it doesn't matter if it's out of competition or not. You get busted for during the offseason in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA etc. there's real consequences. If they want this to be accepted more into the mainstream and viewed as equals to the major league sports than they have to adhere to a similar code of conduct. I'm not saying you've got to railroad this guy and run him out of town, but you have to make him accountable for his actions and show all others in the org that it won't be tolerated no matter who you are.

The UFC is really upping the credibility of the sport recently.. What a bunch of fucking goofs.

Wow, what a corrupt ass world we live in. Think about it, you have Matt Riddle who didn't pass a piss test because he had Marijuana in his system and gets cut; even though he can legally smoke it for medical reasons. Then you have Jon Jones who gets a DUI and does coke and try's to act like hes role model. He should be suspended and made an example.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/6...for-july-reebok-and-ufc-standing-behind-jones

Well....sometimes life isn't fair

The UFC knew of his failed test back in December if the wanted to take action against Jones they would of canceled the fight. They don't care and they wont kill their cash cow.

LOL @ all haters seeing bright light at the end of tunnel.. Guess what, you won't reach it.. Ever.

It seems to me that nobody in comissions etc cares about cocaine. Haven't really seen anyone suspended because of it before.

Back