With a win over Rumble does Gus really deserve a rematch w/ the P4P best?

Seriously? He beat jones the first time they fought, he should have be given an immediate rematch like hendricks, silva, bj penn, etc all were given.

1. Jones won the first fight.
2. All 3 of the guys you mentioned were given immediate rematches because the first fight they were title holders who lost the belts, Gus was never champ, how many fights have their been were the CHALLENGER gets an immediate rematch?

TS is trolling but he has a good point...fighting with diarhea must be hell.

"AJ is a blown up welterweight"

Lol wut

oh the last card possible of jj fans

questioning his titleshot legitimacy

wtf, how the fuck this guy is on the viking bandwagon? edit your sign now

perhaps you should ask yourself this...if gus beats rumble, or for that matter, should rumble beat gus...who else but the winner of that fight should get the next title shot? I guess you could just go ahead and give rampage the shot in his first fight back. he is about as deserving as anyone in the division not named gus or rumble. see my point? this is nobody else.

Gus has had the legitimacy of his resume exaggerated for quite sometime now, in his most recent fight he beat a fringe top 10 guy in Manuwa (big deal). He hasn't exactly been looking to stay busy either, I think his camp is bidding it's time working on defending spinning shit prior to a Jones rematch. Let's be honest, who has he beat? a washed up Shogun, Te Huna who dropped to middle weight, a Janitor who couldn't cut it in Bellator, a guy who has handicap license plates, and a guy recently cut by the UFC. In his claim to fame event he decisively lost to Jones in a fight that only Jones haters called close.

Even if he beats Rumble, AJ is a blown up welterweight, who hasn't beaten anyone of note lately either... He's been crushing cans in the WSOF, decisioned a gunshy Arlovsky, wall and stalled Phil Davis to a controversial win, and landed a lucky uppercut on Little Nog who was suffering from jetlag, diarrhea, and staph.

The only fighters who clearly deserve a rematch with Jones are Rashad or Rampage, these guys are both coming off big wins and are fights that make sense......

You must be clearly be god. Gus came closer and arguably won their first fight.

You are just one of those people who discredits anything anyone does, because deep down you will never accomplish anything.

AJ is defintely not a blown up 170. He destroyed his body doing that. He looks perfect at 205.

I see what you did there. The funny thing is this could be an actual thread by a lost Jones fan. :icon_lol:

Diggem for instance. He could definitely make this thread dead serious. Pretty fun thread. :)

Jones would have no one to fight. The winner of Gus vs. Rumble must fight for the belt.

Blown up ww made me chuckle.

Gus has had the legitimacy of his resume exaggerated for quite sometime now, in his most recent fight he beat a fringe top 10 guy in Manuwa (big deal). He hasn't exactly been looking to stay busy either, I think his camp is bidding it's time working on defending spinning shit prior to a Jones rematch. Let's be honest, who has he beat? a washed up Shogun, Te Huna who dropped to middle weight, a Janitor who couldn't cut it in Bellator, a guy who has handicap license plates, and a guy recently cut by the UFC. In his claim to fame event he decisively lost to Jones in a fight that only Jones haters called close.

Even if he beats Rumble, AJ is a blown up welterweight, who hasn't beaten anyone of note lately either... He's been crushing cans in the WSOF, decisioned a gunshy Arlovsky, wall and stalled Phil Davis to a controversial win, and landed a lucky uppercut on Little Nog who was suffering from jetlag, diarrhea, and staph.

The only fighters who clearly deserve a rematch with Jones are Rashad or Rampage, these guys are both coming off big wins and are fights that make sense......

AJ is absolutely now a "blown up welterweight". He has always been huge. When he fought at WW he was walking around (when not training for a fight) around 250lbs. He could never make 170, or even 185 comfortably. I met him at the Carano/Cyborg even, and he is HUGE. I am 5'9" and about 165, and he looked twice my size.

People like you are the reason I hate most people.

Let see he absolutely dominated jones and sent him to hospital only to suffer a robbery so bad that both Diego Sanchez and Leonard Garcia both said damn that was a robbery

So yes he deserves the fight. The real question is whether jones deserves another shot at the true champ.

Didnt Gus had the rematch, got injured then DV got him? I see no problem with him fighting Jones for the title, Rumble would be a better question tho, and he probably deserve it if he manages to beat Gus.

Wow you are just a class act aren't you?

He wasn't 'biding his time,' his dad died. If you don't understand that you are scum. I'm a real Jones fan and I want to see him fight people who actually challenge him, not cans so he can inflate his record. You have no confidence in the fighter you claim to be a fan of.

Back