With a win over Rumble does Gus really deserve a rematch w/ the P4P best?

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gus has had the legitimacy of his resume exaggerated for quite sometime now, in his most recent fight he beat a fringe top 10 guy in Manuwa (big deal). He hasn't exactly been looking to stay busy either, I think his camp is bidding it's time working on defending spinning shit prior to a Jones rematch. Let's be honest, who has he beat? a washed up Shogun, Te Huna who dropped to middle weight, a Janitor who couldn't cut it in Bellator, a guy who has handicap license plates, and a guy recently cut by the UFC. In his claim to fame event he decisively lost to Jones in a fight that only Jones haters called close.

Even if he beats Rumble, AJ is a blown up welterweight, who hasn't beaten anyone of note lately either... He's been crushing cans in the WSOF, decisioned a gunshy Arlovsky, wall and stalled Phil Davis to a controversial win, and landed a lucky uppercut on Little Nog who was suffering from jetlag, diarrhea, and staph.

The only fighters who clearly deserve a rematch with Jones are Rashad or Rampage, these guys are both coming off big wins and are fights that make sense......

Since when is gustafsson campaigning to fight against Jose Aldo? :(

AJ is a natural LHW I'd say, no way is he a natural welterweight.

I'd say all in all nice troll effort, I really dislike Gus but he'll have deserved this rematch if he beats Johnson.

yes he does. Their fight was very close and I am looking forward to seeing Jones shut up the haters yet again.

A natural welterweight hahahaha, Gus should without a doubt be next to fight Jones

Who else would Jones fight if not the winner of Johnson/Gustafsson?

Wait...Rashad or Rampage? Lol. Rashad is semi-retired and Rampage hasn't gotten a legit win over a legit opponent since he beat Dan Henderson.

Seriously? He beat jones the first time they fought, he should have be given an immediate rematch like hendricks, silva, bj penn, etc all were given.

TS is a Gustaffson fan. Obvious troll thread

Most people think that Gus won the fight against Jones.

He deserved an immediate rematch, but got fucked over.

Considering Gus won the 1st fight it's the least the UFC could do.

Can't tell if first post in serious or one big troll on everyone.

Rumble vs. Gus is a legitimate title shot qualifier. I think anyone that's been keeping their eye on the LHW division with agree with that.

Imes total Gus hater because he has only 1 top 10 win, and it was 2 years ago.

A win over rumble would certainly make him the top guy to fight Jones. He would have that top5 win that he is missing since his loss. And there really ismy many other fighters.

Davis is all that comes to mind, and no one wants that no matter how many he wins.

AJ a blown up WW??? Thats absolutely hilarious

Gus has had the legitimacy of his resume exaggerated for quite sometime now, in his most recent fight he beat a fringe top 10 guy in Manuwa (big deal). He hasn't exactly been looking to stay busy either, I think his camp is bidding it's time working on defending spinning shit prior to a Jones rematch. Let's be honest, who has he beat? a washed up Shogun, Te Huna who dropped to middle weight, a Janitor who couldn't cut it in Bellator, a guy who has handicap license plates, and a guy recently cut by the UFC. In his claim to fame event he decisively lost to Jones in a fight that only Jones haters called close.

Even if he beats Rumble, AJ is a blown up welterweight, who hasn't beaten anyone of note lately either... He's been crushing cans in the WSOF, decisioned a gunshy Arlovsky, wall and stalled Phil Davis to a controversial win, and landed a lucky uppercut on Little Nog who was suffering from jetlag, diarrhea, and staph.

The only fighters who clearly deserve a rematch with Jones are Rashad or Rampage, these guys are both coming off big wins and are fights that make sense......

Lulz.

I approve this post.

Can't tell if first post in serious or one big troll on everyone.

Rumble vs. Gus is a legitimate title shot qualifier. I think anyone that's been keeping their eye on the LHW division with agree with that.

The #1 ranked LHW in Gus vs the #3 in Rumble? Ya

Considering Gus won the 1st fight it's the least the UFC could do.

QxldjqA.gif

Not trolling but he is being sarcastic throughout.

Back