• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Winning Gear - Whats the secret 'ingredient'

GHVA226

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I am wondering what technology or material makes the Winning gloves so special that they remain superior to all other gloves in the market year after year?

I would assume that with all the rapid advances in technology - materials and machinery - other manufacturers would be able to reproduce the results obtained by Winning. If not from the latest Winning technology at least from something they offered let's say 5 years ago (assuming anything changed).

Anyone cares to chime in? Mike@Gorilla? Wes? or others with knowledge of the industry?

Winning already existed when there were Samurai's around and stuff. They had a lot of time to spend on these things. :D

I don't think anybody knows their "secret". And even if they did I'm pretty sure Winning was smart enough to patent the foam they're using in their gear, that's usually the first thing you do when you have something unique.

Winning already existed when there were Samurai's around and stuff. They had a lot of time to spend on these things. :D

I don't think anybody knows their "secret". And even if they did I'm pretty sure Winning was smart enough to patent the foam they're using in their gear, that's usually the first thing you do when you have something unique.

Dammit, so that means that I will have to, one day, unavoidably bite the bullet and buy a pair :)

:icon_lol:

Keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist, you'll find Winning gloves over there every now and again, for a good price. Have you gotten your Rivals btw?

:icon_lol:

Keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist, you'll find Winning gloves over there every now and again, for a good price. Have you gotten your Rivals btw?

Yes, I have :cool: They feel great. Will wear them for sparring this weekend and let you know.

Thanks for the tip.

Their gloves are hand made by Japanese school girls.

Green eyed virgins!

296576_main.jpg

Do Want!

I think it's the foam since that's what you notice when you work with them. That being said I didn't find them to be that big of a leap from a Fairtex, Boon or Grant (older ones, haven't tried any of the recent ones that some people say have dipped)...

it's all about simplicity with all the winning gear that have seen. unlike rival and hayabusa they are not going out there trying to reinvent fight gear, they just focus on the important things , their workmanship is awesome, the materials they use are high quality, and the foams that they use are pretty unique from what i've seen and very hard to match up.

their workmanship is awesome, the materials they use are high quality, and the foams that they use are pretty unique from what i've seen and very hard to match up.

Do they manufacture their own proprietary foam?

Do they manufacture their own proprietary foam?

Don't know if they manufacture their own foam but they use a two layer foam. The foam on the front is a denser foam, almost the same as the foam used in my Everlast and Tapout mma gloves, the foam in the back is soft. I found a guy on Canal street that sells foam and rubber, I'm going to take it to him and see what he says about it.

IMG_6939.jpg

IMG_6940.jpg

Don't know if they manufacture their own foam but they use a two layer foam. The foam on the front is a denser foam, almost the same as the foam used in my Everlast and Tapout mma gloves, the foam in the back is soft. I found a guy on Canal street that sells foam and rubber, I'm going to take it to him and see what he says about it.

Good luck...keep us posted.

I have a hard time believing there is something so special about their gear that can't be matched with the appropriate care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back