Winner of Gus/Rumble beats Jones......

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think whoever wins between Gus and Rumble will beat Jones. Jones has been through some wars recently, and he's got some wear and tear on him now. I think he's ripe for the picking, and whoever wins tomorrow will dethrone Jones.

P.S. I'm not one of those guys that thinks everyone of Jones' next opponent will beat him. The only guy I picked against him was DC.

I genuinely believe the winner tomorrow is the future champ.

Starting to think Jones will retire undefeated

I think DC definitely beats Jones. He would probably be champ at HW if it wasn't for Cain.

Wait...that was last month.

I disagree but not outlandish. JJ will have a lot of pressure on him regardless. Plus both fighters have good power and striking to offer.

Since their fight Jones added some weapons and boxes a little bit better. He also worked on his wrestling a lot for Cormier.
Gus only had the Manuwa fight, got hurt a little bit and then won by knockout. He also trained mostly in Sweden.

I give Rumble more of a chance against Jones.

Jones has been through some wars recently, and he's got some wear and tear on him now. I think he's ripe for the picking, and whoever wins tomorrow will dethrone Jones.

Jones is a villain, I doubt he was but grazed by all the fuss about the whole coke/testosterone/rehab thing.

Gus already DID beat Jones.

Anyway, I don't see Rumble beating Jones. His cardio is still suspect and he tends to load up on shots too often. Gus has a much tighter boxing game which allows him to strings combos together and get out quick enough to avoid taking damage.

Starting to think Jones will retire undefeated

ORLY?

mma_s_hamill12_300.jpg

Jones destroys Gus and Rumble.

Rumble most likely KOs the swede.

Loses to Jones.

Then Gus and Cormier duke it out and Gus gets sent packing derailing future hopes of a title shot. Maybe moves up to heavyweight.

Jones beats cormier again

Yeah, well let's finally face the writing on the wall. EVERY JBJ fight involves mass predictions of, "this is the guy to beat Jones." EVERY one of them gets not just beaten but totally thrashed.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else does. HOWEVER, I have to concede that the hands-down greatest fighter to walk the face of the earth is JBJ ... who also happens to be a complete waste of a human being.

Hard to swallow? Yep. Reality? Unfortunately, yes.

Back