• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory vs The Wizard of Oz

AznCezi187

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Which Legendary Childhood Classic wins the battle?

MV5BMjM1NTg4NTI4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI3NjMxMDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Willy-Wonka-Roll-Over-Surprise.gif

7.8 IMDB
89% Rotten Tomatoes

VS

MV5BMTU0MTA2OTIwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA0Njk3OA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

WOZ.Shoes3.gif.CROP.original-original.Shoes3.gif

8.1 IMBD
99% Rotten Tomatoes

Willy Wonka, it's timeless, so is Wizard of Oz but that witch always freaked me out. I hated witches, ever since Hansel and Gretel. Trying to fatten up kids by sweets, and eating them? Forget that! So, yeah, Willy.

Wizard of Oz, all day.

Wonka, and it was an easy choice for me. It was every kid's dream at that age. I wanted to have an edible room so bad. Oz just didn't have the same impact for me. I didn't want to be in Oz. Little me would have given anything to be Charlie Bucket.

Willy Wonka. The original was badass. The remake could've been cool, but ultimately it turned out to be extremely meh. That fucker Burton ruined the Oompa Loompas by making them clone East Indian men. Boooo.

I expect Wonka to take this via early KO.

It's darker and weirder, and thus, far more likely to be popular with Sherdog.

Any generic forum would probably swing the other way, or at least be a lot closer. A lot of people fucking LOVE Wizard of Oz.

Willy Wonka. The original was badass. The remake could've been cool, but ultimately it turned out to be extremely meh. That fucker Burton ruined the Oompa Loompas by making them clone East Indian men. Boooo.

Agreed. Burton completely shit on it, and Depp dropped a couple hot loads on it with his fucking creepy child like, Michael Jackson esque character.

Also, Wonka is just a better film overall. Less campy, better acting, just better.

wizard of oz is 30+ years older

hard to compete across that timespan with the advancements in film from the fucking 30s

I don't particularly like either but Willy Wonka is just too weird. Don't like the book, don't like the movie. And I really do think Oz is a better movie objectively as well.

The hell? The Wizard of Oz is clearly the superior movie. I even hate musicals with these 2 being the only exceptions.

Last edited:
I expect Wonka to take this via early KO.

It's darker and weirder, and thus, far more likely to be popular with Sherdog.

Any generic forum would probably swing the other way, or at least be a lot closer. A lot of people fucking LOVE Wizard of Oz.

A form with good taste takes Oz easy. Sherdog takes Willy Wonka because of candy or maybe they like how Wonka is a pedo?

Last edited:
The Wizard of Oz is probably a Top 5 movie all-time. How many movies from the 30s still get run time on major cable networks? It shouldn't even be compared to Wonka.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back