Will we ever see Jon Jones Zulu anyone?

If he continues winning that aura you are talking about is going to be very real in terms of Bones.

Not really. Fedor and Anderson were beating everyone, and no one was eager to fight them. Multiple fighters have wanted to fight Jones, and more will continue to do so. And many professional fighters and members of the mixed martial arts media believe that Gus had Jones via decision.

No one stood around thinking, "wait, did Fedor just lose?" when he was in his prime. Same thing with Anderson. With Jones, people have already questioned him. And, there are also now suspicions about him being a PED user.

Remember: after calls for further investigation begin to pick up steam, Lorenzo Fertita's friends in the NSAC suddenly realized that they have performed CIR testing on Jones' samples -- after not being able to agree on what tests were actually done, when, and why, in the days leading up to this announcement. That's the official story of events, and it sounds like something coming out of Washington D.C.

Not really. Fedor and Anderson were beating everyone, and no one was eager to fight them. Multiple fighters have wanted to fight Jones, and more will continue to do so. And many professional fighters and members of the mixed martial arts media believe that Gus had Jones via decision.

No one stood around thinking, "wait, did Fedor just lose?" when he was in his prime. Same thing with Anderson. With Jones, people have already questioned him. And, there are also now suspicions about him being a PED user.

Remember: after calls for further investigation begin to pick up steam, Lorenzo Fertita's friends in the NSAC suddenly realized that they have performed CIR testing on Jones' samples -- after not being able to agree on what tests were actually done, when, and why, in the days leading up to this announcement. That's the official story of events, and it sounds like something coming out of Washington D.C.

Jones' career is arguably already better than Fedor's and Silva's and he isn't even 30.

Deal with it.

Great points!

I think he'll go down as the best ever...this is the thing, he changes for each fighter he fights...This was not a typical Jones fight for me.. He didn't use the crazy angles and unorthodox strikes
(at least not throughout the entire fight). He used his wrestling and bullied DC. His length and size are going to make it hard for anyone to beat him...BUT...anyone can be knocked out.

Jones' career is arguably already better than Fedor's and Silva's and he isn't even 30.

Deal with it.

I agree...it's hard for people that have followed and cheered for Anderson and Fedor for so long. It's just his time..and he has a LOT of time left in the game.

I agree but thats because i am a Jones hater. I supposed to feel that way

I doubt this. Doesn't have the power. Bigger and stronger than Anderson but doesn't have that snap, that one shot that will put your lights out. That's one thing Anderson and Fedor have over Jones. Yeah his competition is tough but I actually don't even see him Zuluing Zulu himself.

Jones is becoming the GSP at LHW and this is why many fans will still regard Anderson and Fedor higher. Jones is great at the methodological murder of his opponents and breaking them down over time with his abilities, he just lacks dynamite in the fists.

And before you say Jon won't face a Zulu caliber fighter. Fedor and Anderson both did it to former UFC champions.

I find it extremely difficult to imagine Zulu making the UFC HW 265 pound limit to even enter the Octagon. I do remember back to Emanual Yarbourough.

If Dana allowed SEG UFC fighter E.Y. to enter the Octagon against Jon, you would get your "Zuluing".

But dude...just because people want to fight Jones, that should make him better. He HAS fought the best of the best. Fedor may have had people dodge him, Anderson may have had people dodge him...but this dude has fought really great fighters and made them all look silly.

He has never fought as low a quality opponent as Zulu. Jones fights top contenders.

Off the top of my head, Chael Sonnen and Weidman both wanted to fight Anderson.

I am sure Nog had no problem fighting Fedor. After Fedor took 5 years off of Nog's life, I am sure that is when people started being hesitant.

I agree but thats because i am a Jones hater. I supposed to feel that way

But hate him for his game? The way he fights? Or hate him because of the way he carries himself? Look, if I was whoopin every mf'r in upper echelon of the fighting world, I'd be cocky too. You don't think Liddell was cocky? Shit, you don't think Anderson was cocky? I mean damn, he did it in the octagon right before he got ktfo...These fighters are not all supposed to be choir boys...they fight for a living...

Deal with it.

Fedor was a world champion of multiple organizations, and in multiple sports, was the top ranked fighter in his division -- and P4P -- for a decade, and had no controversy surrounding his character and no suspicions about him being a cheater. Fedor was also much smaller than most of his competition, requiring more talent and fight intelligence to win matches.

In contrast, Jones has only been a champion in one organization, in one sport, and was the top ranked fighter only since beating Shogun. Jones is very large for his division, and has the longest reach in his division. He has only recently been considered a P4P top fighter -- more or less since Weidman knocked Anderson out, and then broke him, requiring the UFC to promote a new "P4P" star. Oh, and also, Jones has been using cocaine and probably used PEDs, and is an arrogant asshole.

And to drive the point home: Fedor in his prime would have defeated Jones, given his superior speed, strength, power, transition game, and all around much better skillset.

Fedor > Jones, literally in every possible way that matters.

Deal with it.

I find it extremely difficult to imagine Zulu making the UFC HW 265 pound limit to even enter the Octagon. I do remember back to Emanual Yarbourough.

If Dana allowed SEG UFC fighter E.Y. to enter the Octagon against Jon, you would get your "Zuluing".

Arguably, but I'm not sure Jones has the power to do that to a fighter who has him by 100 pounds. Like I said, it'll probably take a few minutes of work.

Again I reiterate, Silva and Fedor have done it to former champions. A Zulu looks like Tyson/Marvis Frazier. It doesn't need to be done exactly to Zulu. Silva and Fedor both did it to quality opponents.

Off the top of my head, Chael Sonnen and Weidman both wanted to fight Anderson.

You're absolutely right, now that I think more about it. Both Sonnen and Weidman wanted to fight Anderson, because they believed they were stylistic nightmares for him.

After Fedor took 5 years off of Nog's life, I am sure that is when people started being hesitant.

There is a great video of multiple fighters basically saying that they have no interest in fighting Fedor, when Fedor was reigning over pride. It's on YouTube, and gets linked to on here every now and again. No one wanted to fight Fedor.

But dude...just because people want to fight Jones, that should make him better. He HAS fought the best of the best. Fedor may have had people dodge him, Anderson may have had people dodge him...but this dude has fought really great fighters and made them all look silly.

If you really examine Bones' career, it is nothing short of remarkable at this point. The fact that he is only 27 makes it even more of a head scratcher. This kid is the youngest champion in history. He is as close to undefeated as you can get, never suffering a loss from decision, submission, or KO. He destroyed 5 former champions consecutively. The knock on him is those champions were not really light heavy weights, which is ridiculous, so now he beats one of the best heavy weights in the world who was undefeated at the time.

He didn't just beat DC though, he beat him at his own game, clinch and wrestling. Fedor was known for doing that to fighters, like striking with Cro-Cop and beating him at his own game or sitting in Nog's guard and GnP him to oblivion. Bones does that same sort of thing to fighters. That special, whatever it is, Bones has it.

Huh? Forgetting jones shogun? He beat the crap out of the then current champ until he tapped. It was a mauling and far more impressive than beating a fighter like Zulu (who, one fight removed from the fedor fight, was subbed by butterbean in 2 mins and 30 seconds...)

Back