Will we ever see Jon Jones Zulu anyone?

If you really examine Bones' career, it is nothing short of remarkable at this point. The fact that he is only 27 makes it even more of a head scratcher. This kid is the youngest champion in history. He is as close to undefeated as you can get, never suffering a loss from decision, submission, or KO. He destroyed 5 former champions consecutively. The knock on him is those champions were not really light heavy weights, which is ridiculous, so now he beats one of the best heavy weights in the world who was undefeated at the time.

He didn't just beat DC though, he beat him at his own game, clinch and wrestling. Fedor was known for doing that to fighters, like striking with Cro-Cop and beating him at his own game or sitting in Nog's guard and GnP him to oblivion. Bones does that same sort of thing to fighters. That special, whatever it is, Bones has it.

Gus arguably beat him to a lot of people. People view Jones as this destructive force like Tyson was but I don't see it. I see flaws in his game. He is definitely a smart fighter. Vitor almost took his arm. If Fedor was in that position what would've happened? I could see Fedor dropping against the cage pulling that shit off. Tyson and Fedor were both rocked maybe once in their reign and dominated every round. Jones doesn't have that factor going.

Bones is special I agree. Anyone who says otherwise are being foolish.

Gus arguably beat him to a lot of people. People view Jones as this destructive force like Tyson was but I don't see it. I see flaws in his game. He is definitely a smart fighter. Vitor almost took his arm. If Fedor was in that position what would've happened? I could see Fedor dropping against the cage pulling that shit off. Tyson and Fedor were both rocked maybe once in their reign and dominated every round. Jones doesn't have that factor going.

Bones is special I agree. Anyone who says otherwise are being foolish.

I think he possesses intangibles that other greats posses. They used to talk about how Joe Montana was an undersized quarter back but his intangibles were insane. Same thing for Michael Jordon, he just had this innate ability to make the right decisions at the right moments.

In MMA we have seen guys like GSP, Silva, Fedor, who IMO also have that "it factor." you just know somehow they are going to figure out a way to win. I see that same intangible quality in Bones. You said it yourself, Vitor put him in a bad position, Gus put him in a bad position, he finds a way to win anyhow.

I don't know who in the end will be considered better but Bones will likely be in that discussion.

Tyson and Fedor were both rocked maybe once in their reign and dominated every round. Jones doesn't have that factor going.

Wrong.

Fedor arguably lost vs Arona (it went to a decider, let's leave it at that).

He was rocked vs Fujita. Badly rocked.

He was looking beatable against Arlovski.

Got slammed by Randleman.

Had his back taken vs Coleman.

Was almost submitted by Hunt (as Jones was by Belfort)

Fedor DID have an aura of invincibility (as does Jones), but he didn't dominate every round.

You could even argue that Fedor was in REAL trouble more so than Jones in his hey day.

Fedor was a world champion of multiple organizations, and in multiple sports, was the top ranked fighter in his division -- and P4P -- for a decade, and had no controversy surrounding his character and no suspicions about him being a cheater. Fedor was also much smaller than most of his competition, requiring more talent and fight intelligence to win matches.

In contrast, Jones has only been a champion in one organization, in one sport, and was the top ranked fighter only since beating Shogun. Jones is very large for his division, and has the longest reach in his division. He has only recently been considered a P4P top fighter -- more or less since Weidman knocked Anderson out, and then broke him, requiring the UFC to promote a new "P4P" star. Oh, and also, Jones has been using cocaine and probably used PEDs, and is an arrogant asshole.

And to drive the point home: Fedor in his prime would have defeated Jones, given his superior speed, strength, power, transition game, and all around much better skillset.

Fedor > Jones, literally in every possible way that matters.

Deal with it

Everything Fedor did outside MMA is IRRELEVANT regarding his MMA career. We're not talking Sambo, chess, bowling, Baseball, basketball. We're talking MMA.

100% your opinion of Fedor beating Jones in his prime. I have no problem believing he could beat Jones and I certainly believe Jon could have beat him.

Jones is better than anyone Fedor beat in his prime. Fedor in his prime is probably better than anyone Jones has beaten.

Deal with it.

Wrong.

Fedor arguably lost vs Arona (it went to a decider, let's leave it at that).

He was rocked vs Fujita. Badly rocked.

He was looking beatable against Arlovski.

Got slammed by Randleman.

Had his back taken vs Coleman.

Was almost submitted by Hunt (as Jones was by Belfort)

Fedor DID have an aura of invincibility (as does Jones), but he didn't dominate every round.

You could even argue that Fedor was in REAL trouble more so than Jones in his hey day.

Cro Cop rocked him too.

Well, I'm not deleting my account. Not sure how you do that if it's even possible. I also do more than look at his record, I watch him fight. This is 2015. Maybe the word Zulu isn't as well known as it used to be, kinda like groovy was in the 60s and 70's. I keep forgetting MMA before 2009 doesn't seem to exist with 30 percent of you guys.

Yo, Old Man River. How about you enlighten the folks on here whose balls don't get wet when they take a shit. What is Zulu?

No because Jones doesn't fight freak show can fights like Fedor did to pad his resume

Back