Will we ever see Jon Jones Zulu anyone?

91 seconds

Sideburn Fedor is 31-0
@red
Reaction score
I doubt this. Doesn't have the power. Bigger and stronger than Anderson but doesn't have that snap, that one shot that will put your lights out. That's one thing Anderson and Fedor have over Jones. Yeah his competition is tough but I actually don't even see him Zuluing Zulu himself.

Jones is becoming the GSP at LHW and this is why many fans will still regard Anderson and Fedor higher. Jones is great at the methodological murder of his opponents and breaking them down over time with his abilities, he just lacks dynamite in the fists.

And before you say Jon won't face a Zulu caliber fighter. Fedor and Anderson both did it to former UFC champions.

Last edited:
look at his record. look at his finishes......Then delete your account

This thread is

joe-cole-wasteland.gif

look at his record. look at his finishes......Then delete your account

Well, I'm not deleting my account. Not sure how you do that if it's even possible. I also do more than look at his record, I watch him fight. This is 2015. Maybe the word Zulu isn't as well known as it used to be, kinda like groovy was in the 60s and 70's. I keep forgetting MMA before 2009 doesn't seem to exist with 30 percent of you guys.

Maybe if he fought Zulu.

Its not going to matter in the end because unless Jones quits fighting or gets hit by a bus he is likely to break all the records OP. He is only 27 and already getting to close to many of them. It will be incredibly difficult to argue against him being the best of all time unless his career is derailed sometime soon.

Take a look at these numbers and this does not include the DC fight.

Jones currently is ranked No. 1 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA light-heavyweight rankings and No. 1 in the pound-for-pound poll, as well.

He will compete in his 16th UFC light-heavyweight bout, the fourth most appearances in divisional history behind Tito Ortiz (19), Chuck Liddell (19) and Rashad Evans (17).

His current 11-fight UFC winning streak is the longest active streak in the light-heavyweight division and the longest in the history of the weight class. It

No, Jones doesn't rely much on 1 punch ko's.

I read that yesterday, and the day before, and the year before - and it's true.

He's a better fighter, overall. And he's not a boring fighter, far from it. He finishes fights just as often as Anderson and Fedor.

Not by ko, that's true.

Regards, Loisestrad.

yes he is a weak LHW when it comes to power in striking. He uses leverage to look good with wrestling. He is all length. He is skinny so he didn't get as tired as those MW he bullied into finishes. I cant see him finishing much of anyone in the future. His tricks are out, he hasn't looked that good in a couple years. Only grinding out lame decisions from wall & stall type of things

Its not going to matter in the end because unless Jones quits fighting or gets hit by a bus he is likely to break all the records OP. He is only 27 and already getting to close to many of them. It will be incredibly difficult to argue against him being the best of all time unless his career is derailed sometime soon.

Take a look at these numbers and this does not include the DC fight.

Jones currently is ranked No. 1 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA light-heavyweight rankings and No. 1 in the pound-for-pound poll, as well.

He will compete in his 16th UFC light-heavyweight bout, the fourth most appearances in divisional history behind Tito Ortiz (19), Chuck Liddell (19) and Rashad Evans (17).

His current 11-fight UFC winning streak is the longest active streak in the light-heavyweight division and the longest in the history of the weight class. It

Well, I'm not deleting my account. Not sure how you do that if it's even possible. I also do more than look at his record, I watch him fight. This is 2015. Maybe the word Zulu isn't as well known as it used to be, kinda like groovy was in the 60s and 70's. I keep forgetting MMA before 2009 doesn't seem to exist with 30 percent of you guys.

Jones is never going to get matched vs a tomato can like that.

No, because we'll never see him an opponent on the level of Zuluzinho for the rest of his career

MusterX

Jon Jones is very impressive. Reminds me of Tyson early on. Youngest champ at 20, unifying all the titles etc..Jons record is really fucking great, arguably the best we've seen. I guess it comes down to how I'm looking at him as a fighter. The Spider and Fedor had some type of aura. I don't sense the fear level with Jon like I do Fedor or Tyson. Numbers are great and they determine for a lot of people who the greatest ever is but some look past that including me.

wow. This post is so tonycpa.

Tony's would be more complete and much longer and I didn't write that, only posted it. My point being that the Bones' haters should come over to the dark side. Its going to be much easier on them in the long run because Bones is on track to break pretty much all of A. Silva and GSP's records and not only that, he can break them while he is still young. He is so far ahead in that respect its ridiculous.

It doesn't matter if Jon ever faces a Zulu. Like I said, it'd probably take him a couple minutes to chop him down first before any elbows are happening, unless you think he tosses him from the clinch. I don't think he would Zulu Zulu in less than a minute.

Fedor also did it to former champions, so did Anderson.

MusterX

Jon Jones is very impressive. Reminds me of Tyson early on. Youngest champ at 20, unifying all the titles etc..Jons record is really fucking great, arguably the best we've seen. I guess it comes down to how I'm looking at him as a fighter. The Spider and Fedor had some type of aura. I don't sense the fear level with Jon like I do Fedor or Tyson. Numbers are great and they determine for a lot of people who the greatest ever is but some look past that including me.

Good comparison to Tyson. I think you could be wrong about how he is viewed though. Every fight Jones wins he gets more and more of that "omg aura." He just finished beating one of the best , and undefeated, heavy weights on the planet 4 rounds to 1. His resume is outrageous, he beat 5 former champions, consecutively, finishing 4 of them. So they said he was fighting MW's, which is laughable, and that DC would put him in his place. He pretty much kicked DC's ass.

If he continues winning that aura you are talking about is going to be very real in terms of Bones.

No I agree he is on his way. Just imagined if he was also knocking people out every few fights like Anderson and Fedor did. Just wish Bones had hands and could throw with bad intentions.

No I agree he is on his way. Just imagined if he was also knocking people out every few fights like Anderson and Fedor did. Just wish Bones had hands and could throw with bad intentions.

You never know what is going to happen because of Jones' age. People considered GSP to have retired early at age 32. Bones has 5 more years of fights before he is even 32 and that is still considered plenty young to continue fighting and winning. My point being that he might actually get better than he is now which is pretty scary.

Jones has admitted in articles that he doesn't hit very hard. It's not his game.

Back