will we ever see a NFL quarterback in MMA?

Brady, Rogers, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Keenum etc etc all look like they move in quicksand. Their are very few A-Level qb's from an athletic standpoint. Newton and Wilson probably the best examples.

Would a skilled athlete like Cam Newton try mma? No.
Yeah he doesn't have enough heart anyways. Remember in the superbowl when he didn't want to go for that fumble he could have possibly recovered.

MMA has had a huge number of ex-nfl guys, but none have ever been the coveted position of quarterback, a beacon of A level athletisicm. Maybe they are just too rich that even after a mediocre career they still dont consider mma?
I have a new personal rule, as soon as i read "A-level" i stop reading and them im going post this.

Nope. The quarterbacks are too smart to consider MMA. Dissecting an NFL defense is much more difficult than anything an MMA fighter does. That is why they make exponentially more money.

Last edited:
QB's may be most fit for it, as they have the highest IQ's and skills. MMA teaches us that fast explosive muscle guys aren't always the most well suited and that IQ is YUUUGE in MMA. The archetypal BJJ blueprint is the Diaz/MayMac blueprint in a way: get the fast twitch guy to blow his load and then strangle them. The more weight you carry, the more you gas. If explosiveness and NFL athletics equated to MMA success, Yoel would not be a gatekeeper.

5b56e77777c2040f7ea559c8

MMA has had a huge number of ex-nfl guys, but none have ever been the coveted position of quarterback, a beacon of A level athletisicm. Maybe they are just too rich that even after a mediocre career they still dont consider mma?

They’re fucked up and rich after a good career in the NFL. Maybe some dude who gets fired for an injury after a rookie season could transit.

Yeah he doesn't have enough heart anyways. Remember in the superbowl when he didn't want to go for that fumble he could have possibly recovered.
I remember him leading the Panthers to a 15-1 record that season. Hardly the point tho. Cam is a superb athlete for a quarterback. A man with his size and athleticism is going to make his money doing something else.

You have no idea what QB's get paid. Even career back ups are ballin.

people here dont realize how small MMA and bad the payment is.
<36>

more money = the whole ladder would change.

Don't think so....... maybe a throwback Steve Young but Young was too smart between the ears to do something like this (unless he was that good [$$] )

Not only are they not very athletic typically, but generally they are also some of the softest guys on the teams aside from the kickers and punters. They just don't have the mentality or physicality to make good fighters, otherwise they probably would have played a different position

Because they have a rule which allows them to slide instead of taking the hit.

I know that matt leinart used to train with jay glazer, bader and dolloway a few years ago.

I mean sure they are pro athletes, but the way some of those guys move when they have to run the ball does look pretty sad...

Aaron Rodgers will have made more $$ from the beginning of the upcoming season until the end of it than anyone not named Conor or GSP will make in their entire career including sponsors.

Back