Will UFC 202 be a horror story for Donald Cerrone?

It's possible Donald could get a 1st Rd KO if he doesn't start so slow like he normally does. I think if he comes out and takes it to story right off the bat he has a good shot. If not story will put him on the cage and beat on his liver. Donald has lost twice recently from liver shots, and almost lost to guillard from a body shot. It's a weakness of his but maybe being at 170 will allow him to carry enough muscle to protect it.

Story is an excellent gauge for Cerrone's potential in the WW division.

Hell of a fight.

It's possible Donald could get a 1st Rd KO if he doesn't start so slow like he normally does. I think if he comes out and takes it to story right off the bat he has a good shot. If not story will put him on the cage and beat on his liver. Donald has lost twice recently from liver shots, and almost lost to guillard from a body shot. It's a weakness of his but maybe being at 170 will allow him to carry enough muscle to protect it.

Didn't he start off faster in the Cote fight?

I'm super curious to see this fight, people sleeping on this one.
i probably exaggerated how i think cowboy would win, but rick has been rather hit and miss with his ufc career so far. him and burger have some solid wins but also alot of losses they should have won. so its hard to predict how they will fare each fight. but cowboy has had two solid showings at 170 already and only seems to be getting better at ww each fight (funny saying that since he finished brazilian cowboy in the 1st round and cote in the 3rd, but i feel cote is a much more rounded and complete fighter than oliviera.

should be fun to see how cowboy handles someone with power that story has.

i probably exaggerated how i think cowboy would win, but rick has been rather hit and miss with his ufc career so far. him and burger have some solid wins but also alot of losses they should have won. so its hard to predict how they will fare each fight. but cowboy has had two solid showings at 170 already and only seems to be getting better at ww each fight (funny saying that since he finished brazilian cowboy in the 1st round and cote in the 3rd, but i feel cote is a much more rounded and complete fighter than oliviera.

should be fun to see how cowboy handles someone with power that story has.

Shit, it's mma, brother. Anything can happen, you could be spot on and make us look bad with egg on out face lol.

He has wins over beast version Hendricks, giganto alves and Ellenberger before he hit the skids. Story can beat anybody when he's on.
yeah i realise this, but also then look at how his fights have been since he started, he has gone 6-5 since that alves fight only being finished by maia in those 5 losses with that awesome blood squirt finish. but he doesnt seem to fight the same way he used too, much more hesitant and gun shy and tame for sure.

but as you said he can beat anyone when he is on.

Might get wrestled to death.
This is honestly the hardest fight on the card to call. Story is an animal on any given night. He's training under Henry Hooft lately too. That's not good for Cerrone's health. However, Cerrone's been looking like an animal at 170 and his boxing has come a long way. If he can keep his back away from the fence he's got a solid chance to shut Story down.

yeah i realise this, but also then look at how his fights have been since he started, he has gone 6-5 since that alves fight only being finished by maia in those 5 losses with that awesome blood squirt finish. but he doesnt seem to fight the same way he used too, much more hesitant and gun shy and tame for sure.

but as you said he can beat anyone when he is on.
That's a good point I agree with. I think since he moved to MMA lab, tho it's a great gym, he's become more focus on technique and tactics.

At Blackzilians now under Hooft I think we'll see more aggression especially in his striking. I think he'll just try and avoid Cowboy's range striking to get inside and rip body and head hooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back