Will there EVER be an MMA fighter more FAMOUS than the NOTORIOUS Conor McGregor?

Kimbo had crazy popularity with only a few fights

Its inconceivable to think that any fighter can be more popular than conor but perhaps in the distant future somebody will replace conor as #1. IMO it goes conor, Brock then Ronda for all time ufc popularity.

Conman WAS a flash in the pan, long since extinguished

He's so extinguished theres multiple threads on the front page of the forum every moment of every day.

Is Conor McGregor the peak of mma popularity? The sport doesn't seem to be growing, especially when the UFC has to use Jon Jones as its poster child and barely ever cracks 300k ppv buys anymore. It seems to me there may never be another fighter as popular as Conor McGregor. Love or hate the guy, he made end up as the closest ufc ever got to mainstream before they fell apart

If you define "popular" as someone people are willing to pay to see get his ass kicked.

Yes.

n6uYD3J.jpg

He's so extinguished theres multiple threads on the front page of the forum every moment of every day.
Of hopeless fanboys dreaming. He’s done. He literally was a flash in the pan. The things he will be remembered most for, are never EVER, defending a belt, and losing to a tiny little brittle handed retired boxer.

Of hopeless fanboys dreaming. He’s done. He literally was a flash in the pan. The things he will be remembered most for, are never EVER, defending a belt, and losing to a tiny little brittle handed retired boxer.

I agree hes done. Maybe he comes back for 1 or 2 big money fights, who knows. The point is he could be retired for years and people would still be talking and if he came back to headline a card itd be huge. Thats the opposite of extinguished. You just sound salty. His haters are usually very, very jealous people.

The simple answer is no.

McGregor is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Back in the day it was Chuck and Tito, Conor came along and I'm sure there will be others. It's no easy feat to be an exciting fighter with personality who can be easily promoted to wide audiences.

I agree hes done. Maybe he comes back for 1 or 2 big money fights, who knows. The point is he could be retired for years and people would still be talking and if he came back to headline a card itd be huge. Thats the opposite of extinguished. You just sound salty. His haters are usually very, very jealous people.
He will definitely fade, and when he does it will be fast. Nobody really likes someone who pops up every six months on twitter saying fuck you to someone. His gimmick is played out

He will definitely fade, and when he does it will be fast. Nobody really likes someone who pops up every six months on twitter saying fuck you to someone. His gimmick is played out

I think you keep taking your own opinion and applying it generally to everyone else. People are definitely divided on Conor, but if he came back for a fight it would be one of the top ten PPVs of all time, regardless of opponent.

Perhaps not. But, he’s famous for losing. And losing badly.

When he beat Aldo nobody apart from MMA fans knew who he was. Nobody apart from MMA fans know about the Aldo fight.

These questions are always stupid.

No one can see the future of fighters or even how MMA is going to peak or valley in the future.

"Forever" is a long time.

Yes, I think so, might be a while but we no doubt will the same way we did Rousey and then Conor.

Also in regards to the sport growing, I have heard various things about the UFC declining in the US however internationally they're reaching more audiences and I know in the UK it's absolutely growing, slowly but surely it is.

I know this from BT Sport calling me for feedback over the Box Office stunt they tried to pull and spent 50 minutes on the phone with me for feedback due to the loss as people stood up to them big time. They were getting 50 plus subscribers simply because of the UFC in a certain period of time which dropped to 11 because of the Box Office protest against them, in fact UFC on BT Sport has started to become their biggest selling point.

To put it in perspective, UFC Liverpool in May, 2018 had an attendance of 8,520 with a $1,300,000 gate, fast forward to March 2019 in London an attendance of 16,602 and a $2,400,000 gate all thanks to BT Sport giving it the platform here in the UK (Tickets were also incredibly hard to get even with O2 pre-sale).

I also know from being a fan myself and people around me more and more are talking about UFC and getting into it since it's been given the BT Sport platform, slowly but surely they are and some of them are talking about it more than boxing now which is great.

I'm not sure how the sport is declining in the US and won't deny that as I'm not there but as an international company they're not only starting to put on events in more countries but they're also growing in a lot of places outside the US.

However in regards to the having a big star again, I think we absolutely will but they come few and far between. They can only make stars to some degree but they've got to find the right people who transition over with the audience which is very hard to do.

The Stylebender seems promising. If he can get past Bobby Knuckles then he's the next big thing for sure.

No. For one brock was a star to dummy fake wrestling fans, thats the base right there. Conor is known worldwide and more of a household name then brock by far.

You do realize that the WWE is bigger by far than any MMA org in the history of the world. The only thing that makes Conor even competitive in this debate was the Mayweather fight, otherwise it wouldn't be close.

Well brock lesnar and ronda were almost equaly popular then mcgregor not too long ago and the sport is young so I say yes.

Back