Will there EVER be an MMA fighter more FAMOUS than the NOTORIOUS Conor McGregor?

Given how young this sport is, I say yes, multiple fighters will come along who will be more popular.

I'd argue Brock has been a bigger star than Conor ever was, even before Brock started MMA.

No. He is the peak of popularity. You are never going to see a 2.4 million PPV buy UFC fight again.

Its pretty rare to be honest to have the right ingredients for his popularity. We might see it again but it might be a while.

I'd argue Brock has been a bigger star than Conor ever was, even before Brock started MMA.
No. For one brock was a star to dummy fake wrestling fans, thats the base right there. Conor is known worldwide and more of a household name then brock by far.

Another thread with random words in all caps? #1 shit poster on sherdog these days.

Is Conor McGregor the peak of mma popularity? The sport doesn't seem to be growing, especially when the UFC has to use Jon Jones as its poster child and barely ever cracks 300k ppv buys anymore. It seems to me there may never be another fighter as popular as Conor McGregor. Love or hate the guy, he made end up as the closest ufc ever got to mainstream before they fell apart
Probably. I Imagine someone better than Conor with as big of a mouth will emerge in the next 10-15 years. They will be swimming in $$$$$

I could go show 100 random people a photo of Conor and there is a high likelyhood that most, if not all, wouldn't be able to name him. He was never that famous and most of those who might have recognized him at the height of his popularity have forgotten about him.

conor was a once in a world history kind of athlete

thank him for being blessed to live at the same time as conor mcgregor

Nope, probably not. Doesn't really matter though. I think PPV is phasing out.

TS, I'm beginning to respect the frequency with which you make troll threads across multiple subs.

Don't you get tired sometimes?

Is Conor McGregor the peak of mma popularity? The sport doesn't seem to be growing, especially when the UFC has to use Jon Jones as its poster child and barely ever cracks 300k ppv buys anymore. It seems to me there may never be another fighter as popular as Conor McGregor. Love or hate the guy, he made end up as the closest ufc ever got to mainstream before they fell apart

Depends on how you define popularity (# of fans, PPV buys, earnings, reach beyond just the sport's fanbase, social media) and the perspective you take (domestic, global).

When you consider global and regional population levels, a fighter could emerge from China or India, for example, who might eclipse Conor's popularity in terms of sheer numbers. Some believe that Khabib might already belong in that discussion, although I personally have no idea if that has been (or could be ) accurately measured.

In terms of impact on the company and status in the sport, Conor is clearly on another level for the time being...but I could see that changing. Why not? I don't think the UFC is falling apart...but global competition is interesting these days.

Conor is the Ultimate Warrior of the UFC. I said this in a few posts before and I stick to that.

WAR RDA handle-- Conor post... so weird.

Impossible to answer, depends on the trajectory of the sport. Its extremely unlikely in the next five years or so.

stopped here, saved me a lot of time thank you.
Not sure where the controversy is. They're both obviously known by everyone in the MMA world . But I'd say that Ronda is probably more well-known outside of MMA, given her WWE career and numerous big-budget movie appearances.

Back