Will there EVER be an MMA fighter more FAMOUS than the NOTORIOUS Conor McGregor?

Between him, Brock and Ronda

3 money making machines with light colored hair who weren't that great

All got beat out of the UFC except Brock, but even that was NC against Hunt because he got popped

Not sure where the controversy is. They're both obviously known by everyone in the MMA world . But I'd say that Ronda is probably more well-known outside of MMA, given her WWE career and numerous big-budget movie appearances.
No chance, Conor is a house hold name in the UK he fought Floyd Mayweather in one of the biggest PPVs in history. Ronda was huge for MMA at the time but didn't cross over to the general public anywhere near as much.

Me.

Im going to be the greatest fighter of all time, 5 division champ LightWeight To heavyweight.....then become President of the USA and Change everything.

<mma4>

Don't forget the Olympic medal after you win the first 2 UFC titles, and then the Hall of fame at the end!

Perhaps not. But, he’s famous for losing. And losing badly.

When he beat Aldo nobody apart from MMA fans knew who he was. Nobody apart from MMA fans know about the Aldo fight.

Dude why?

<LikeReally5>

No. Not only does it take someone with that persona. He also had to crush the #1 p4p fighter (at the time) in 13 seconds to achieve that level of fame.

I don't know since i am not going to live for ever.

You do realize that the WWE is bigger by far than any MMA org in the history of the world. The only thing that makes Conor even competitive in this debate was the Mayweather fight, otherwise it wouldn't be close.
Conor is more known to overall people, brock is only known to fake wrestling fans. You ask a 90 year old grandma who is Conor she will more likely know then if you ask her about brock. There are a lot of dumb wrestling fans I will give you that. PPV wise wwe can't compete, tickets sold wise wwe can't compete.

There probably will be years down the line. Conor' fame got him a fight with Mayweather though, that probably won't be replicated.

Lets hope not...
He messed a lot of shit up (equality of fighter pay, undeserved title shots, i wont mention the thing outside the cage)
Plus his fans are horrible...

People were saying the sport wasn’t growing before Conor as well.

There will always be new up and coming guys. Not all will be stars like Conor, but there will always be interesting fighters to watch.

If I had to bet I’d say he goes down as the biggest star, but you never know.

He'll be the most famous mma fighter EVER from Ireland. But it's a difficult metric. Many legendary Brazilian fighters are huge stars in their homeland. But their masses didn't need to buy ppv's & Twitter & other horse shit social media wasn't around at their peaks.
In my part of the world Ronda was the only one I've ever heard anyone that isn't an mma fan talk about. And my Canadian relatives were all about GSP.

They just need another young white guy who is trendy without any serious mic anxiety.

Is Conor McGregor the peak of mma popularity? The sport doesn't seem to be growing, especially when the UFC has to use Jon Jones as its poster child and barely ever cracks 300k ppv buys anymore. It seems to me there may never be another fighter as popular as Conor McGregor. Love or hate the guy, he made end up as the closest ufc ever got to mainstream before they fell apart

Chuck Liddel was bigger, GSP was wayy bigger, Handerson Silva way bigger, PPV is only one side of the coin, go to Sao Paulo and ANderson is a legend. Go to Dublin, and Mcgregor is still not that liked.

Back