Will Smith vs Tom Cruise

Who is better?

• Total voters
Those Rotten Tomato scores for Bad Boys 1-2 seem off to me.

Everyone always says they like those movies.

And Tom Cruise is far better than Smith.

Eyes Wide Shut is a "better" movie than anything Smith has been in.

Cruise seems like a lunatic I'd never want to be close to in real life but on screen he's weapons-grade magnetic and one of the most watchable movie stars of all time.

Smith I feel like I could hang out with no sweat, but as an on-screen presence he's just not in Cruise's league.

Tom Cruise for sure. But I like Will Smith fine too. He's never had a performance like Collateral tho that blew me away and that I wanted to watch multiple times.

I've heard the same thing about Cruise. He seems like he'd be an asshole but he's just a weirdo, and is very nice and generous to everyone on the sets of movies he's in , even the people working as extras.

i think cruise has a rep for being strange, but never heard of him being a dick. smith on the other hand, has an elite level dirt bag reputation

Ther are certain Actors that are Cultural ICONS Cruise is one Will imho is not.

other actors that are Icons

Hanks

Robin Williams

Redford

Brando

Pacino

Deniro

Lebouf

Hahahaha well done

Check out the documentary Going Clear, seems Tom Cruise was complicit in scientology's awful treatment of that actress who they basically groomed to be his gf.

Will has his moments. Tom has some terrible movies, not so much bad performances.

I chose tom.

I generally like Will Smith, and hate Tom Cruise.....but i picked Tom cause thats the right answer.

Tom Cruise and it's not even close.
You should compare Cruise and Pitt, then we would've a discussion.

I can only think of one movie I liked with Smith as an actor and really I only saw the last 30 minutes of the pursuit of happiness.

Cruise has been in countless classics of the 80's and 90's and still makes worthwhile movies.

Cruise best films: Minority report, edge of tommorow, collateral, rain man.

Will Smith best films: independence day, MiB, I'm legend, pursuit of happiness.

I like will Smith alot, his 90s alien films are my favorite all time casual films...but Tom Cruise has better serious films.

Also nothing that will smith has done lately compares to edge of tommorow.

I think Cruise is the winner. I think he's got more range, is generally better at picking his projects, he does almost all of his own stunt work, and by all accounts is a consummate professional on set who treats everybody extremely well.

tom cruise wins although i must say smith has an uncanny ability to turn down good scripts for shitty ones. said no to 'the matrix' and 'django' but has said yes to movies like wild wild west and after earth.

Cruise obviously. That being said I didn't know that Top Gun only had a 55% RT rating. What were those clowns smoking?

Very even honestly. I think Will has a greater range of emotion when he gets the chance to show it and is a more believable action star but Tom picks the better movies roles with a better variety.

With Cruise, it feels like he can be in any type of movie and be good while Smith feels pigeonholed into action movie star. Even though he's great when he has to play serious role like Pursuit of Happiness, it feels like a side project. It reminds me of Jean Claude Van Damme in JCVD. There's several parts that are legitimately Oscar worthy but he's just not looked at that way for better or for worse.

Back