• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will small cage hamper Miocic's chances vs. Cormier?

He’s probably not willing to give DC a slight advantage in a smaller cage. He must care about his career.

Yep fight politics is part of fighting.

Battle of Crecy comes to mind.

You look for advantages and see if your opponent will give them to you. God knows DC will go for an eye poke again.

It looks like it affected Volkovs performance against Blaydes. I'm not saying he could have beaten him because of that.. but it's still a big advantage for wrestlers. And when they are 1-1 with about 50/50 chances it can seal the deal. I don't think the UFC should do that. Why did they decide to use a smaller cage in times of pandemic. If anything it makes the guys to transmit the disease easy as they are closer to each other.
The last sentence of your post made me face palm so bad. What a ignorant thing to say....

Yep fight politics is part of fighting.

Battle of Crecy comes to mind.

You look for advantages and see if your opponent will give them to you. God knows DC will go for an eye poke again.

maybe Stipe should make his eye less poke-able? you can't put the blame on DC

giphy.gif

<36>

We just want something different. DC should have had to win 1 more or at least face Frank for #1 spot. Of course we're going to watch it, but no one wants to eat the same food 3 nights in a row.
DC defended against Lewis. This is only the third time in a row for Stipe.

The last sentence of your post made me face palm so bad. What a ignorant thing to say....

What is so ignorant??
Smaller venue/ or smalle cage for that matter = bigger chance of transmitting Covid. (as people stay closer to each other)
Facepalm all you want.

What is so ignorant??
Smaller venue/ or smalle cage for that matter = bigger chance of transmitting Covid. (as people stay closer to each other)
Facepalm all you want.
No one in the arena has Covid. Everyone tested before entry etc.

dont you think cormier would have found a way to deal with body shots? He's got world class trainers at his disposal and comes from one of the best MMA gyms in the world. I dont think it will be too hard for him to make adjustments, its not like this is a hole that will take many years to overcome since it isnt a big area
defense is by far the harder part of striking. He could do something as simple as lowering his guard but then he couldn't use the high guard that was giving Stipe problems.

dont you think cormier would have found a way to deal with body shots? He's got world class trainers at his disposal and comes from one of the best MMA gyms in the world. I dont think it will be too hard for him to make adjustments, its not like this is a hole that will take many years to overcome since it isnt a big area

Wrestling is Cormiers only answer tbh. The only way to stop body shots in the standup is to fight out of a crouch, which DC can’t do cause he’s not skilled enough plus old and fat or counterpunch, which is out of the question cause Stipe is the bigger better boxer

Wrestling is Cormiers only answer tbh. The only way to stop body shots in the standup is to fight out of a crouch, which DC can’t do cause he’s not skilled enough plus old and fat or counterpunch, which is out of the question cause Stipe is the bigger better boxer
He can’t outwrestle stipe for five rounds

Cormier needs a stoppage

People wana bash this trilogy and some complaints are understandable but I think the tweaks made going into this fight are gonna be very interesting to see.
I have to agree with this. what if Stipe decides to just go to the body early? really put the pressure on DC and turn it into a fire fight

Back