• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Will Russians Have Work Visa's Cancelled?

If you follow tennis, Medvedev (the top Russian player) at the Australian Open in January was boo'd and heckled every single match he played and then, when he started retaliating to the crowd, they blamed the booing on him. It was obviously largely influenced by Russian xenophobia.
Em no. It was because people were rooting for Nadal to break the all time Grand Slam Record.

Em no. It was because people were rooting for Nadal to break the all time Grand Slam Record.

I said every match. Not sure why you bothered commenting when you only watched the final.

And it's not like the other favourites for the title got the same treatment, so saying that they were vehemently rooting against every contender not named Nadal doesn't fit either.

Sterling already got to hope Sterling could take out Yan for him, and now their re-schedule date is in April.

Petyr Yan has Russian citizenship. Ufc 273 is in Florida. Will Yan be able to get a visa to fight with everything going on with Russia? Or will Sterling get to avoid Yan until they can do an Abu Dabi event?
LOL Sterling playing 4D chess, even factoring geopolitical events into his planning

I said every match. Not sure why you bothered commenting when you only watched the final.

And it's not like the other favourites for the title got the same treatment, so saying that they were vehemently rooting against every contender not named Nadal doesn't fit either.

The crowd was chanting "SIUU" which was a viral thing Ronaldo used to scream in soccer. Lots of European soccer fans also follow tennis, and this was also exacerbated by TripleJ, a large Australian radio broadcaster also getting on board in promoting the chant.

Basically a bunch of twits set out to be annoying and succeeded.

aYrVvqq_700bwp.webp

I sure hope they cut all these dudes

Chechen soldiers already deployed in ukraine forests

Good, Ukraine will learn not to let NATO in after this.

Most Russian UFC/MMA fighters are either in US or are in Europe.
I doubt anything like this would happen.

Weren't they doing the Siu?

European countries are already suspending granting visas to Russian citizens.. I expect the US to follow suit.

Reactions: G10
European countries are already suspending granting visas to Russian citizens.. I expect the US to follow suit.

Yep but they still have Dubai, but it is going to become a logistical nightmare for UFC.

Eagle FC dead in the water?

I assume a bigger problem for Eagle might be it's funding sources since it appears to be backed by russian investors with Khabib leading it.

Yep but they still have Dubai, but it is going to become a logistical nightmare for UFC.

I assume a bigger problem for Eagle might be it's funding sources since it appears to be backed by russian investors with Khabib leading it.
It's backed by Abu Dhabi investors.

I think even on Fight Island they might struggle to be able to pay Russian fighters depending on the extent of sanctions.

It is what is is though, as a fan of Russian MMA it's annoying but in perspective it's not important.

Back