Will Rory MacDonald ever be champ?

Rory Mac will be the world champion of bacne within one year.

That is a terrible example to use.

That fight was over in less than 30 seconds, there was no grappling, and Maia got KO'd because he tried to be a kickboxer!

And you're a fucking idiot for arguing otherwise, You asked for a fight where Maia couldn't take down his opponent, I gave you one.

I was once a huge fan of Rory and thought he would be the future of the 170-pound division, but my answer is now no.

He's been much more unimpressive of late than when he started his career. Technically, he is shape, but mentally he's lost his killer instinct. And a fighter needs a killer instinct against beats like Lawler and Hendricks.

I think Rory will be champ. He is hovering right around title contention now. WW is tough. Nothing is guaranteed. But I think he has what it takes to win the belt.

Like most really good fighters, winning the belt will also take a little luck and some favorable match ups.

On the other hand, I don't see him as being a dominant champ like the "next GSP" hype a couple of years ago. But that is nothing to be ashamed off. dominant champs are few & far between.

This is strictly opinion based but since his Mike Pyle fight and I don't include the Che Mills fight because it was a gimme, He hasn't been the same fighter.

I honestly doubt it, for 2 reasons. First, he doesn't have that one big weapon that he can go to that most champions have. Second, and probably most important, I just don't know if this guy is strong enough mentally to consistently perform well in big fights.

He'll win fights and beat good fighters but I just see Rory coming up short when it really matters. Could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back