Will Rory MacDonald ever be champ?

Hell NO! Reason: No heart, he has proven that a few times!

Anyone that writes Rory off at age 24 is not all there.

Yeah right, I'm NOT here...because some twit on Sherdog says so! LOVE u GUYS THAT ONLY CONSIDER YOUR OWN OPINION. & feel others don't have one!

I think he hits his ceiling if he gets a title shot then fails.

He doesn't have enough power, he doesn't have a good enough chin, he doesn't have enough cardio and he doesn't have enough heart.

He has a ton of skill but it takes something special to be a champion.

Not until he's treated for his undiagnosed Asperger syndrome.

He's well rounded but the thing that stands out the most with him is his savage ground striking. If he took some time off to turn into a takedown machine, then yes he would be a champ. Imagine 15mins with that kid on top of you.

I think that he has the skills, but he can't be hesitant like he was against jake and lawler.

Delusion at its best. Rory dominated Lawler in striking in the 2nd round and arguably won the 1st round, he slipped up in the Lawler fight and yet at the end managed to get good gnp at the end of the third. Pure trash just like all casual fans...

The first round was close since not a lot happened but Lawler had a flurry at the end and if I remember correctly he actually landed more total strikes. Rory definitely won the second round but to say he dominated is a bit much. He landed some good punches and got a takedown but its not like Robbie was ever reeling. In the third Robbie put an ass whooping on Rory and the right man won that night.

On topic, not in the near future IMO. Wouldn't be too surprised if in a few years he gets the title since he is still so young but at the same time he could get derailed by injuries like some other young fighters and never really fulfill his potential.

No.....
1. Very technical fighter with NO power in a division with Monster punchers (Woodley, Hendricks, Lawler, Ellenberger,etc..
2. Division is too deep with better strikers and ground fighters.
3. He is not making it clear to UFC brass that he really wants it.

Hard to tell but under the right circumstances he may become champ. I don't think he will be a dominant champ though.

Absolutely he's still very young in the mma game give him another year or 2

If he goes back to the way he fought when first joined the UFC sure, as of right now he's a point fighter.

The first round was close since not a lot happened but Lawler had a flurry at the end and if I remember correctly he actually landed more total strikes. Rory definitely won the second round but to say he dominated is a bit much. He landed some good punches and got a takedown but its not like Robbie was ever reeling. In the third Robbie put an ass whooping on Rory and the right man won that night.

On topic, not in the near future IMO. Wouldn't be too surprised if in a few years he gets the title since he is still so young but at the same time he could get derailed by injuries like some other young fighters and never really fulfill his potential.

Rewatch the fight and he did get dominated in the second, Rory didn't hurt Lawler but he was getting a lot of good shots off. The flurry consisted of 2 punches and the "head kick was caught" and was below the arm. Robbie won but it was definitely a SD worthy

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/did-rory-win-1st-lawler-fight-2747195/

Rewatch the fight and he did get dominated in the second, Rory didn't hurt Lawler but he was getting a lot of good shots off. The flurry consisted of 2 punches and the "head kick was caught" and was below the arm. Robbie won but it was definitely a SD worthy

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/did-rory-win-1st-lawler-fight-2747195/

Well yeah, I admitted that he landed some good punches and clearly won the second, I just said its not what I would call a domination. If he had knocked Robbie down or landed damaging GnP I might call it a domination.

Also, Robbie outlanded Rory in the first round(link) and even if you could argue that Rory won the first round and thus the fight under the current scoring system I would say that just demonstrates the short comings of the current scoring and not that the fight was that close or that Rory deserved to win. Robbie did the most damage and had the most momentum at the end of the fight. The right man won that fight and Rory's only chance was to win on a technicality.

No he will be the WW Overeem. If he wants a belt he better go somewhere else.

Back