Will Okami keep his #5 ranking on sherdog? The most important question in MMA.

You are schooling these people... God damn, it's nasty to watch!

Keep going!

Your thread on poisonous fans, was a good read.

Theres a tendency for some people to drop IQ points and attack anything they perceive as vulnerable. Its not uncommon in sports, but it can be particularly malicious in MMA.

I just read a mod having to explain to a poster, why he got dubbs for attacking a fighters wife. His reply was that he now saw it was in the rules and now he apologized.

He needed the rules to tell him that was a bad thing to do...

TS is like the world's dumbest philosopher.

That would be del boy.

Post on topic next time Rodney.

Last edited:
i liked it better back in the day when the mma talent pool was evenly spread in different orgs. because fighters could easily get picked up and fight elsewhere if they got cut. nowadays there's bellator and that's about it. no wonder why so many fighters are retiring early nowadays.

i liked it better back in the day when the mma talent pool was evenly spread in different orgs. because fighters could easily get picked up and fight elsewhere if they got cut. nowadays there's bellator and that's about it. no wonder why so many fighters are retiring early nowadays.

Whats perhaps more worrying, is what is coming through.

Shit talking is the new martial art, and twitter is the new dojo.

People are learning whats written in my sig.

And thats a bad thing for anyone who wants to watch fighting.

Your thread on poisonous fans, was a good read.

Theres a tendency for some people to drop IQ points and attack anything they perceive as vulnerable. Its not uncommon in sports, but it can be particularly malicious in MMA.

I just read a mod having to explain to a poster, why he got dubbs for attacking a fighters wife. His reply was that he now saw it was in the rules and now he apologized.

He needed the rules to tell him that was a bad thing to do...

That would be del boy.

Post on topic next time Rodney.

Was that supposed to hurt my feelings.

Or show how smart you are?

Either way this thread is silly.

Stop making Okami threads.

Its prose, as verse in a point by point format.

Its more stream of thought/conversational, than poetry.

Its not following any particular pentameter.

Pentameter is specific; it is not of a varying nature. I think you mean any particular "meter."

You should make a thread about it.

Was that supposed to hurt my feelings.

Or show how smart you are?

Either way this thread is silly.

Stop making Okami threads.

No, it was a good natured joke.

My bad...

I didnt realise you were going full all-out douche mode.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Cheers for bumping my thread.

Oh, and if youre offering to pay for my broadband, by all means tell me what the fuck to do with my laptop. If not, then you can take your robin reliant over a cliff dave.

okami could easily go to bellator and be champ then come back.

Whether he wins or loses it doesnt matter.

Wins -

Dana : Look how bad Bellator is.
Okami fans : Look how great Okami is.

Loses -

Dana : We were right to let him go.
Okami fans : Shows how over rated the UFC rankings are.

The reality is, the precedence that was set by cutting an elite ranked fighter for choreography reasons, was a bad one.

It establishes Dana telling fighters how to fight, as law.

It promotes trash talking over talent and it promotes twitter as the key arena over the octagon.

The fighter has become the promoter, and the promoter is telling the fighter how to fight.

The game is rigged, so the fights dont have to be.

The credible thing to do is simply to treat Okami as the rank 5th fighter on here, as he would be if he hadnt left at all. This follows the fact, that the cut was not made for any justifiable sporting reasons.

Right, well i need a piss.

Thank you for your contributions. Even the odd couple i put on ignore.

Ive introduced a purist argument, and all good natured debate is welcomed.

Only see violence is my message, because whether its point fighting or punch ups, the only thing not rigged, is what happens inside the cage and the scorecards.

If elite fighters get cut for not fighting pretty or being good enough trash talkers, then this diminishes the org and not the fighter, in my humble opinion.

But that is my opinion.

We need a perspective that sees only the sport, and eschews the bullshit.

Thank you for your comments.

Whether he wins or loses it doesnt matter.

Wins -

Dana : Look how bad Bellator is.
Okami fans : Look how great Okami is.

Loses -

Dana : We were right to let him go.
Okami fans : Shows how over rated the UFC rankings are.

The reality is, the precedence that was set by cutting an elite ranked fighter for choreography reasons, was a bad one.

It establishes Dana telling fighters how to fight, as law.

It promotes trash talking over talent and twitter over the octagon.

The fighter has become the promoter, and the promoter is telling the fighter how to fight.

The game is rigged, so the fights dont have to be.

rankings should SOLIDIFY a fighter's stock but it doesn't not according to dana's eyes. money talks and dana has a "business' to run. the end of REAL mma is coming.

Isn't he gone yet?

Sherdog slacking

Dude...you can't come on to sherdog with your ivy league education and expect something positive.

A lot of people probably find your way of talking annoying, and pretentious at best.
This is why you're not receiving the critical claim you had probably expected. Tone down the vocabulary words and drop the delusions of eloquence.
This is sherdog you freak. We're discussing cagefighting not polo.

I will miss okami, he was a true warrior.

Rankings don't mean anything when the UFC refuses to co-promote with other organizations.

Removed from the UFC media rankings, of course. Will stay on sherdog & other independent sites for some time, but eventually drop out of the top 10 due to lack of top competition.

If you look at independent ranking sites (Elo, Matrix, etc excluded), the top MW's are almost exclusively in the UFC, which means a new contender with a few good wins is more relevant than Okami, whether he's better or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back