Will Okami keep his #5 ranking on sherdog? The most important question in MMA.

A strong independent journalism

it's astonishing to me that this far along there really isn't much in the way of reall mma journalism.

most stories are based upon tweets or public media or ufc press releases. then there is the occasional interview. but the average 'story' on the standard site consists of a tweet or a quote from somewhere and then some prefatory and concluding shit. and somehow that makes an article.

mma journalism is blog-level for the most part. and it's garbage.

The cliff notes are highlighted nicely for people who find it hard to read and process a page of information.

You have a page of nonsense that doesn't address rankings at all. It goes in every which way. From a corny catch phrase to a tenuous comparison to a goofy rally cry to a rationalization that rankings matter because we need to know Okami's status and contendership when he isn't even in the ufc anymore.

no reason why he shouldnt, the UFC is looking less like a sport and more like WWE everyday. it wasn't that long ago when dana was singing okami's praises how he is the best fighter to ever come out of japan and now he cuts him for losing to an outstanding jacare

He should definitely keep his ranking, but probably won't.

You have a page of nonsense that doesn't address rankings at all. It goes in every which way. From a corny catch phrase to a tenuous comparison to a goofy rally cry to a rationalization that rankings matter because we need to know Okami's status and contendership when he isn't even in the ufc anymore.

You have an abusive tone and a total lack of reading comprehension.

You seem to want to criticise me for being too direct and too nuanced, all at the same time.

I stand by my remarks, and while i thank you for your post, im not your teacher.

Its not for me to tell you personally who to rank where. My battle cry as you put it, is an argument put forth in a debate format. The argument is that releasing an elite ranked guy, doesnt diminish his ranking, it diminishes the org that releases him.

And to address the one piece of meat, in your post, - when the top org sells out the sport and cuts guys who are ranked 5th or 6th, then its important to follow the fighter and not just the diminished top org.

You have an abusive tone and a total lack of reading comprehension.

You seem to want to criticise me for being too direct and too nuanced, all at the same time.

I stand by my remarks, and while i thank you for your post, im not your teacher.

Its not for me to tell you who to rank where. My battle cry as you put it, is an argument put forth in a debate format.

And to address the one piece of meat, in your post, - when the top org sells out the sport and cuts guys who are ranked 5th or 6th, then its important to follow the fighter and not just the diminished top org.

If you thought I was criticizing you for being too direct, you have my sincerest of apologies.

And that is fine. If people like Okami I'm sure they will watch him for free on spike or wherever he ends up. But quite frankly okami had an extremely niche following and that is why he is no longer with the ufc.

Why would you follow a fighter just because he ranked highly? It's much more ridiculous than following an org just because it is the biggest.

it's astonishing to me that this far along there really isn't much in the way of reall mma journalism.

most stories are based upon tweets or public media or ufc press releases. then there is the occasional interview. but the average 'story' on the standard site consists of a tweet or a quote from somewhere and then some prefatory and concluding shit. and somehow that makes an article.

mma journalism is blog-level for the most part. and it's garbage.

Newsflash, you are it.

Its just an opinion.

But its an honest one, and thats the best i can do.

No he's right. Why did you hit the enter button after every sentence? Either you just like making people scroll, or you are trying to be poetic.

no reason why he shouldnt, the UFC is looking less like a sport and more like WWE everyday. it wasn't that long ago when dana was singing okami's praises how he is the best fighter to ever come out of japan and now he cuts him for losing to an outstanding jacare

Its annoying, but theres a positive outcome, and thats you.

Its on you to see only the violence that happens inside the cage,

and ignore all the bullshit that happens outside of it.

Rate the fighters on how good they are at the sport of fighting,

and fuck what everyone else thinks.

---

Im happy to take counter points on topic.

But this kind of ad hom stuff...

No he's right. Why did you hit the enter button after every sentence? Either you just like making people scroll, or you are trying to be poetic.

OP is a psycho.

is really just an appeal to ignorance.

Its not my job to teach you lessons your father never could.

Ive been more than kind.

Click something else.

I would like to see only violence. And that is why I don't mind okami getting cut one bit.

Im going to answer this, as its important.

When i say "see only violence", im not saying just bleed, and im not trying to be cute.

Quite the opposite.

Im advocating a simple perspective that judges the sport on what happens inside the cage, and fuck everything else.

Thats the perspective im advocating.

GSP and Okami are just as violent as everyone else, because its a sport of war under rules, and anything goes, within those rules.

I dont care if its point fighters or axe men.

The game is the game, and the results are the results.

Everything that happens in the cage is what matters, and the results that follow it.

Everything else is bullshit.

Thats the sporting perspective in a nutshell.

If you take that perspective, it doesnt really matter how people try to rig the game, because you arent watching the distraction, you are watching only the game.

People are still going to tell fighters how to fight, and promote a ton of bullshit.

But you are judging them on how they fight, against who they fight, and how the results go for them.

The perspective is based on the fights not being fixed and the judges being independent.

Everything else is rigged and bullshit at this point, so thats the logical and positive conclusion.

Im not going to explain that one again.

If you really dont get it, then click something else.

Last edited:
Im going to answer this, as its important.

When i say "see only violence", im not saying just bleed, and im not trying to be cute.

Quite the opposite.

Im advocating a simple perspective that judges the sport on what happens inside the cage, and fuck everything else.

Thats the perspective im advocating.

GSP and Okami are just as violent as everyone else, because its a sport of war under rules, and anything goes, within those rules.

I dont care if its point fighters or axe men.

The game is the game, and the results are the results.

Everything that happens in the cage is what matters, and the results that follow it.

Everything else is bullshit.

Every metrical post you write is just gushing with you trying to be cute.

And everything that happens in the cage is what matters. If people enjoy what they see they will want more. If they don't they will stop watching and dana will drop you like a hot brick.

So everything outside of the cage is bullshit, especially the judging.

It wasn't a counter argument, merely an observation. Your obsession with the Okami cut is tedious and probably unhealthy.

It's because TS is a borderline troll, and he chose this to be his schtick. It's ammunition for him to tally up his post count and create countless threads.

TS will say otherwise, but the proof is in the pudding.

The hallmark of mental illness is fantasy.

Im into reality bro.

You obviously care about the sport, as youve been here for 7 years.

I know you have more to give, than these posts.

Im making a purist argument, and you are addressing it with an ad hom attack.

Its beneath you.

You are schooling these people... God damn, it's nasty to watch!

Keep going!

Every metrical post you write is just gushing with you trying to be cute.

And everything that happens in the cage is what matters. If people enjoy what they see they will want more. If they don't they will stop watching and dana will drop you like a hot brick.

So everything outside of the cage is bullshit, especially the judging.

No. Im posting in my style.

If you cant understand that or dont like it, then theres plenty of threads on sherdog.

It doesnt matter if the crowd want more or not. This has zero impact on how good the fighters are at fighting.

Dana can do what he wants. The fact is, he cant make Okami a non top 10 fighter.

If Dana drops quality fighters, then we should acknowledge that this diminishes the org, rather than just eating up the bullshit, that the hype he promotes in its place, is better than the guy he dropped.

Lastly, the org attacks the judges because it gives them room to push their opinion on the fights and the fighters. Its not just because the judges are shit. The results count because firstly they ultimately do count, and secondly, because the judges are one of the 2 things that dana doesnt control.

The first is the fight itself. - They tell the fighters how to fight, but they ultimately cant control this. They can only punish them by firing them or matching them up with bad stylistic fights.

The second thing the UFC doesnt control is the judging. This is the real reason they are so keen to attack them.

It's because TS is a borderline troll, and he chose this to be his schtick. It's ammunition for him to tally up his post count and create countless threads.

TS will say otherwise, but the proof is in the pudding.

That was asked and answered here -

Im happy to take counter points on topic.

But this kind of ad hom stuff...

is really just an appeal to ignorance.

Its not my job to teach you lessons your father never could.

Ive been more than kind.

Click something else.

What im going to do is thank you for bumping my thread.

Il also put you on ignore along with any silly ad hom attacks.

I have a responsibility to answer genuine counter points,

not to entertain bitching sessions from the dark side of cyber space.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he'll walk away with it but it will be difficult to maintain without being able to fight top 10 guys, and one loss to a fighter outside of that top 10 can drop you significantly and 2 will take you out.

Is

this

post-modern

poetry?

Is

this

post-modern

poetry?

Its prose, as verse in a point by point format.

Its more stream of thought/conversational, than poetry.

Its not following any particular pentameter.

Back